Options

Answers

• Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It does happen with Fidelity

• jddreyfussii
    Options

In my stock portfolio, when I accept downloaded transactions, before I can do anything else I get a small window that says "enter a valid Date".

I must close this window before I can do anything else. This error began appearing about a month ago and is very annoying especially when downloading numerous transactions.

Thanks, J. Dreyfuss

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Post irrelevant after merge.]

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the delayed response, but in case you did not see my post earlier, there is a plan for a fix to be released in a R53 patch. I don't have a date for when that will be available so please check here for that update. Thank you for your continued patience. I am also creating an alert, so keep an eye out for that.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

A fix for this issue is planned and should be included in a future release (R53). Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10502884/CTP-7680)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

[Removed - Speculation/Rant]

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

[Removed - No Soliciting]

• ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I. Agree. Wholeheartedly!

Bugs like this were somewhat understandable when we purchased shrink-wrap software and used it for 2 1/2 years lowering the cost to users & revenue to Quicken. Now that we are forced into paying an annual subscription fee to utilize Quicken, and revenue to Quicken has grown because of that, we users expect that bugs like this should be caught and fixed before a patch release. Testing can either be done manually or via an automated script for the 500 or 1,000 tasks that average users do routinely. Having started a mobile application company, this is a critical component of writing/testing code!

It is unacceptable that a simple fix like this is not escalated to the top of the bug pile and fixed within days! It is completely asinine to require 100% of your users to deal with a bug like this for months on end while you push out a patch that rebrands Quicken to "Quicken Classic". The rebranding release should have been shelved until the fix for this "Enter valid date" issue was pushed out.

This impacts 100% of your users 100% of the time. If that is not the definition of an urgent bug, I don't know what is.

Please. Fix. Immediately. [Edited - Readability]

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options

More an FYI, but all 3 of my TIAA accounts gave an "Enter a valid date" error after accepting all of the new transactions. I said 'OK" and nothing further happened so I think it is just an annoying error. It only happened on my TIAA accounts, not any of my others.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    Options

well, was there any rectifying response outside of validating file. I have the same situation and its annoying

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue. After accepting transactions from Investment accounts and pressing done, valid date warning appears

thanks

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

see the ALERT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

How do I unsubscribe from notifications from this thread? I added a comment and now I'm getting notification of very "me too" reply. Quicken is working on it and there's an easy workaround for the annoyance, and all these notifications are now more annoying than the Quicken bug. [Edited - Readability]

The only option I see in the forums is to unsubscribe from all notifications.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dave1234 - I feel your pain - yeah… unfortunately the forum software web platform doesn't have an UNsub from a thread that you have posted into - only if you have just bookmarked it - but once you post - your glued…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• EDacho
    EDacho Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, I tried restoring earlier versions of my QW file (thinking I had some file corruption) to no avail. Thank you Jim_Harman for the workaround to the problem. As mentioned previously, this error was introduced about 2 weeks ago. It only seems to occur on investment downloads (banking transaction downloads are fine).

@Eric Dunn, instead of instructing tech support to work on the Quicken logo update perhaps you could have tech support address this issue which is now 8 pages long. It would go a long way towards fulfilling your commitment "As with the product, we’re still the same company, working hard to deliver great software to our customers."

• MangoMan
    MangoMan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue and reported it as requested. Glad to hear there is a fix coming. Still are several other bugs that need to be fixed.

• JayG2020
    JayG2020 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Sarcasm]

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

10/5/23 Still have the issue. Only one of my accounts, Chase, throws the dialog box after I finish accepting all of the transactions individually. I close the box and move on. Fortunately no issues experienced since it began several week ago.

• Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am using the latest and greatest Quicken Classic Business & Personal on Windows, R52.28.

For about the last month or so, every time that I download transactions from any Vanguard account, an error dialog appears with the text "Enter a valid date".

The attached image file shows a screenshot.

This never used to happen.

It is either a bug in new versions of Quicken, or else Vanguard has decided to start sending malformed date values.

Oddly enough, after I click on the error dialog's button, and I got to look at the downloaded transaction in Quicken, its date seems fine to me.

Anyone know what is going on? Has this been reported to the powers that be at Quicken?

• Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Windows desktop Deluxe

Since the update to 'Classic' installed, when I click on the 'Enter' (to fill missing history) in a placeholder, 50% of the time I get a popup asking me to enter the proper date or similar instead of just opening the placeholder. To avoid this I now need the 2 step approach:

1 click on 'Edit' on the placeholder transaction

2 Click on 'enter history'

Please fix. This is new misbehavior since the update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a known issue. A Moderator has said that a fix is planned for R53.XX patch and that means it will be sometime this month….just don't know which patch and when yet.: Re: R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33].

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. Good to know they're not ignoring it.

• tjones2033
    tjones2033 Member ✭✭
    Options

Whay am I getting a message

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There is a workaround a few pages back that will require your researching further.

• jimaa9mw
    jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Running Windows 10, Quicken Version R52.28

Somewhere in the last few updates, actions have changed after downloading investment transactions from a Brokerage Account (Ameriprise in my case), processing them, and then pressing "Done". Previously, I would get a message either that "Quicken and My Brokerage Account were in sync" or a message that there was a mismatch (usually was a result of a problem with one of the security names not matching. Now, however, I am getting a message (see attached screen shot) that says "Enter Valid Date" with no way to enter anything. Is this a bug? Or, what am I missing?

[Merged Post]

• jimaa9mw
    jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ignore this thread. Sorry, just saw the other posts that this is already a known problem. I should have checked before posting.

[Merged Post]

This discussion has been closed.