Pineapples on Pizza...

Options
Quicken Anja
Quicken Anja Moderator mod
edited April 12 in The Water Cooler

Welcome to February, and for this month's Icebreaker, do you think we can settle this longstanding global debate?

I say no, pineapples do not belong on pizza! I'm generally already not much of a fan of pineapples, but personally, I don't think fruit in general goes on pizza.

What say you?

-Quicken Anja
Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hellooooooo Everyone,

Do I love pizza? Yes!

Do I love pineapples? Yes?

Do I love pineapples on pizza? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I say that this is blasphemy and a denial of natural order.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

we do a bbq chicken pizza

Pizza shell -
    bbq sauce (no pizza sauce) -
    shred chicken -
    shred cheese -
    pineapple

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nothing wrong with a pineapple and ham pizza, not loaded down.

I do draw the line at chicken anything on a pizza or leafy green stuff. If I wanted a salad, I ask for one.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

I cannot stand pineapple as a fruit so therefore I do not tolerate it at all on my pizza.

Pepperoni pizza with olives for life!

Quicken Janean

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do like pineapples, but they don't belong on pizzas!

My go-to pizza is pepperoni, but I will also occasionally add Italian sausage, bacon or beef.

Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

When it comes to pizza, I prefer cheese & onion with enough garlic to repel every vampire within 15 nautical miles. I don't believe pineapple would compliment those flavors very well, and would hate to ruin a perfectly good pineapple and a perfectly good pizza by testing it.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Anja
    Options

-Quicken Anja

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Green or Ripe olives. IMO, the green ones should not be allowed for human consumption, black/ripe olives are WONDERFUL.

Long live the Gibson (martini alternative), (pearl onions instead of a green olive).

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I like all ALL OF THE ABOVE … including a summertime ham & pineapple pizza.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Black olives all the way! I love when they are whole and you can put them on your fingers. I used to do that as a kid. They are also a snack during any major holiday at my family get togethers.

Quicken Janean

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Pineapple will never be one of my preferred toppings, and I don't really like it on a traditional pizza (pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, etc), but put together with other non-traditional toppings like chicken or ham it's OK.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I might be in the minority here, but I love a ham and pineapple pizza. I love things that mix both a savory element and a sweeter one!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

I 100% agree, green olives are an abomination, however, I could eat a whole can of black olives!

-Quicken Jasmine

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I eat anything and everything as there is nothing in this world I won't try. There are times I'd like a little sweetness on my Pizza and one slice of ham and pineapple will do the trick - just sometimes if it happens to be there - I don't think I have every ordered it myself. Ditto with having pure fresh greens on it. My favorite Pizza however remains the European style where there is very little ingredient on it (little cheese with some spicy salami) and the focus remains on the quality of that fire-oven baked dough.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Where would acquire a European-style pizza? I think the dough is more important than any ingredient that goes on top!

-Quicken Jasmine

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Options

In Europe, specifically Switzerland has my favorites! Taking out my 'wise-' comment, there are some restaurants that do make that type of pizza's but one important ingredient of the dough is the water. Our water in So Cal is not good. I believe NY may have among the best water for making the proper dough. So you need to find that restaurant that has the real clay fire oven.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know of this GREAT pizza place in Sirmione Italy (southern end of Lake Garda).

My family used to live in Milano, and we also had an apartment at Garda. We'd go to the pizza place whenever we could.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I like pineapple on pizza, but to each his or her own…

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am surprised that so many people dislike the green olives and like the black olives.

I'm the opposite, the black olives are disgusting while I like the green olives.

Regardless - neither belongs on a pizza.

Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

New York style, Chicago style, whatever you preference, it's all good. Just don't ask me to eat anything with pineapples on it.

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• Quicken Anja
    Options

I ONLY like the black olives on pizza, but the green olives I’ll snack on by itself straight out the jar! 😅

-Quicken Anja

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

An ex-girlfriend loved Hawaiian pizza. What's worse, is she loved it even more as a COLD leftover when there's a perfectly good microwave right there in the kitchen. The relationship was doomed from the start.

• dasafford
    dasafford Member
    Options

As long as the pizza doesn't have dead fish on it , I'm good.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pineapple? No way….

Personal favorite is a bacon cheeseburger pizza….

• Alex.M
    Alex.M Member
    Options

If I am limited in the types of pizza available then pineapple does not make the list.

However, if going to an event where they provide different choices, then I do like the variety (just not every time and not if it is my only choice!)

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 25
    Options

I don't mind the pineapples so much, but the Canadian bacon always tasted like grisly ham to me. They always seem to be together on "Hawaiian" pizzas. I don't think they are using the best meats on pizzas.

BTW the "Hawaiian" pizza with pineapple and Canadian bacon is a Canadian creation. I was once spoke to a person from Hawaii who worked in a pizza restaurant. The workers would both laugh and cringe when someone came in and ordered a Hawaiian pizza, thinking they were sampling Hawaiian cuisine. They knew that these tourists were from the mainland who had never been to Hawaii before.

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pizza with olives, maushrooms on top of shredded ham is called a Capricosa where I come from. Definitely far superior to a ham and pineapple pizza unless you are looking for desert.

• Jeff76
    Jeff76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In NW Wisconsin they put saurerkraut on their pizza…it sounds weird but it is really good.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This discussion has been closed.