Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.2.1 Released

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016

Hi Norm,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having purchasing Quicken 2017. Are you trying to purchase the US version of Quicken or the Canadian version of Quicken. The Canadian version will not be available for another month or so.

Dave

Creese, I've seen that you've posted in other threads about your problems with Wells Fargo downloads. I don't think they are "crooks." They may have a bug in their software, or they may be a victim of a change at Wells Fargo that they need to re-program around, but they're certainly not intentionally making their software not work with one bank. Have you actually talked on the phone with Quicken Support about it? (This site is not monitored by Quicken Support.) If you've done that and they haven't been able to help you, or confirm a problem and escalate it, then why not request a refund for your purchase of Quicken 2017 while you're within the 60-day window for refunds?

EDIT: Now that I see you've posted the same "crooks" line at least half a dozen other places in this thread, I'd just mention that will get you shut down here. We're all free to express our opinions about Quicken, but repeatedly posting the same rant goes against the community guidelines of this site. We're just fellow users here trying to help each other. 

P.S. Intuit no longer owns Quicken. The Quicken company became independent on Intuit early this year.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Just realized too there is ZERO loan information when the windows file was imported....the payments don't have the interest/principal amortizations at all.  There is no forecast model for the loan payoffs, nothing.How is this supposed to be a finance program when it cannot even track actual LOAN information?  The import of the windows file lost all of that information and even trying to add a new "loan" does not do anything you can only add a new "liability" with no actual loan tracking.

Wow....unreal, seriously unreal that I had to pay for this just to see how bad it was.  You should be offering a 15 day trial... I've really been trying but at every turn there is more and more manual things you have to do to actually track your finances like calculate the loan amortizations now for a payment...
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Just realized too there is ZERO loan information when the windows file was imported....the payments don't have the interest/principal amortizations at all.  There is no forecast model for the loan payoffs, nothing.How is this supposed to be a finance program when it cannot even track actual LOAN information?  The import of the windows file lost all of that information and even trying to add a new "loan" does not do anything you can only add a new "liability" with no actual loan tracking.

Wow....unreal, seriously unreal that I had to pay for this just to see how bad it was.  You should be offering a 15 day trial... I've really been trying but at every turn there is more and more manual things you have to do to actually track your finances like calculate the loan amortizations now for a payment...

I know. Lots of things still lacking in the Mac version. Just keep in mind that Quicken for Mac is still being rebuilt and started from scratch, with the first release in 2010. They had many fits and starts but finally have a rhythm going now, busy trying to add back many of the features. 

In case you need it, here is info on how to set up a loan in QM2017: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-faq-how-to-set-up-a-mortgage-loa...

You can also add your VOTE for the feature Automated Loan Amortization, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/loan-amortization-in-quicken-for-mac-2016

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of THAT feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

And in case you have not done so, take a look at this post earlier in the thread about how to participate in more voting for features to be added to QMac,

here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2017-v4-2-1-released?topic-reply...

and here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2017-v4-2-1-released?topic-reply...

This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade/convert over by seeking to have the features you are used to end up in the latest version.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I think I have found a bug in Mac 2017. There is no way to change or deactivate the connection type (web connect, direct connect, etc.) in accounts that have already been using web connect. There is nothing in account options, downloads or troubleshooting tabs, to allow this. Support had me create a new account to enable direct connect. Accounts using quicken connect or direct connect give you those abilities in account options.
    imageimage
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Dennis said:

I think I have found a bug in Mac 2017. There is no way to change or deactivate the connection type (web connect, direct connect, etc.) in accounts that have already been using web connect. There is nothing in account options, downloads or troubleshooting tabs, to allow this. Support had me create a new account to enable direct connect. Accounts using quicken connect or direct connect give you those abilities in account options.

imageimage
    Incorrect information provided by support. Splitting this reply into a new conversation so the correct information can be provided.

Please reference the new conversation here: I think I have found a bug in Mac 2017. There is no way to change or deactivate t...
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Dennis said:

imageimage
    So what is the correct information?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dennis said:

imageimage
    See reply in the new thread.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for this MAC version that works with Quicken Bill Pay. I've been waiting for that for several years. HOWEVER I can't get it working :(  I created a new QuickenBillPay mac account & went to my checking account in Quicken Mac 2017 & settings & bill pay & set up - & user name & password & selected the account from the list & clicked continue. The pop up said "Connecting Your New Accoutns in Quicken 2016" ... but then nothing happens.  In the setting tab still says Set Up
    Quicken Bill Pay -- not Paying Bills. :( I'm on a Macbook Pro running Sierra. My Quicken Mac File was converted from Quicken for Windows 2015.
  • jacobs
    edited December 2016

Thank you for this MAC version that works with Quicken Bill Pay. I've been waiting for that for several years. HOWEVER I can't get it working :(  I created a new QuickenBillPay mac account & went to my checking account in Quicken Mac 2017 & settings & bill pay & set up - & user name & password & selected the account from the list & clicked continue. The pop up said "Connecting Your New Accoutns in Quicken 2016" ... but then nothing happens.  In the setting tab still says Set Up
    Quicken Bill Pay -- not Paying Bills. :( I'm on a Macbook Pro running Sierra. My Quicken Mac File was converted from Quicken for Windows 2015.

Kathryn, I can't offer help because I don't use Quicken Bill Pay, but I'd suggest you copy and paste your question here into a New Post. This thread about Quicken 2017 has become so long and so fragmented that I think many people have just stopped reading it; you might get more eyes on your question if put it in a new 
    post,
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016

I'd like to know if one of my annoyances with the Reconcile process has been fixed since Quicken 2015 for Mac, which I'm still using.  When I'm reconciling transactions, I hate how a split transaction pops open when trying to click (reconcile) the transaction.  I would like to just be able to go down the list and click on transactions without split transactions popping open.  I don't need to see how a split transaction is coded . . . I just want to check it and move on to the next transaction.  Does that make sense?

Been out a few weeks now, and not one patch or update =(
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    jveatch said:

I received the Quicken 2017 for Mac CD and did the installation.  Except the program won't open.  I get an error message "The application "Quicken 2017" can't be opened."  I don't know what to do.

Ask for a refund, too man issues with this program
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Harold-Jr said:

I have been using Quicken for Windows for 20 years.  I decided I wanted to try QMac 2017. As the windows files were carried into Mac there were some fleeting instructions about what needed to be disabled in Windows, repeating transactions or scheduled transactions.  Where are those instructions posted?  I am hoping it is feasible to run both simultaneously with a few modifications, like auto in one but not in the other, to see if I want to make the move.

One final plea to add Nationstar Mortgage to you list of banks, https://www.nationstarmtg.com  before I submit a refund claim on your product.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    One final plea to add Nationstar Mortgage to you list of banks, https://www.nationstarmtg.com  before I submit a refund claim on your product.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    BoDEAN said:

Sorry but it is the FI/Bank that decides not only what platform to support (Windows and/or Mac) but also which version. You need to approach them to support the Mac versions.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    All, 

I moved away from Quicken for Windows only because of my hardware and/or VM. I switch to Quicken 2017 for Mac. The windows version was a pure pleasure to use. I'm trying to set up a portfolio watch list in the 2017 Mac version. Can not find a way ..... 

Could anybody tell me how to set it up  ?

Thanks and regards.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    James W. said:

Marcus.....Any timeline on adding functionality for loan amortization and debt reduction planner?

A simple principal/interest split calculation when entering transactions would be great to start with.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016

Seeing trend of issues with shares and investments.  The transactions appear to be correct but in portfolio view the number of shares doesn't increase or decrease. 

I encountered this as well, where the number of shares wouldn't change. There was a placeholder entry at the bottom of the register, something about cost basis, and I deleted that to solve the issue.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    James W. said:

Marcus.....Any timeline on adding functionality for loan amortization and debt reduction planner?

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

The check out these posts lower in this thread about finding other items you can add your vote to:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016

my old quicken quit working when I upgraded mac. I just purchase 2017 but can't seem to get it to open and update my old version

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to Quicken 2017.  I had been using Quicken 2007 which had worked fine for my simplistic record keeping.  The data transfer was flawless and I am pleasantly surprised.  One thing I did notice in the category summary the percentage differences are out of whack and not consistent.  Some show a negative number when it should be positive and vice versa. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Every time I start 4.2.1 quicken 2017 for my iMac it shows a message box asking to be installed in the applications folder. Every time! Why does it do this (it is already there) and how do I get rid of the annoying behavior?
  • Malcom Allen
    Malcom Allen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Any idea when the bug with SCHEDULED checks will be fixed?

When attempting to Edit a scheduled transaction the "check" view will display the (incorrect) error message "Unprintable transaction.  Downloaded transactions cannot be printed."  Why is this displayed it has nothing to do with a downloaded transaction?
    This also makes the address area for the printed check locked and it cannot be edited.

This also means SCHEDULED checks will NOT appear when the "File > Print Checks" menu option is selected since they are (incorrectly) "Unprintable".

SCHEDULED CHECKS CANNOT BE PRINTED or have the ADDRESS EDITED!?  I know it's "old tech" but there are some business that still have to be paid this way.  PLEASE, PLEASE FIX IT ASAP. 

There is a "trick" that can be used to edit the address on a scheduled check (it takes several steps).  But it's of no use if the SCHEDULED CHECKS CANNOT BE PRINTED.

(this is broken in Mac 2016 & Mac 2017 - how can that be?)
  • jacobs
    edited December 2016
    James W. said:

Brian K: You can create the simple split calculation for interest & principal you want. And you can set it up as a recurring monthly transaction if you wish. The missing feature people are asking for is for Quicken to automatically calculate the changes in the splits from month to month.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Jeff S said:

My home currency is set to GBP (I am from UK).

1) I have two Debt accounts, also set to GBP. When I sync data for Mobile Access, both Debt accounts turn into USD. I've tried Reset Connected Services, problem continues. ONLY affects Debt accounts, all my other accounts remain as GBP.

2) My Investing section shows two Brokerage Investments again GBP. In the Investing screen, it shows GBP in Market Value and Day Gain/Loss, but the Stock holdings show a USD symbol.

3) Everything in Quicken mobile app shows as USD regardless of what currency is set per account.

4) Debt Loans show as USD 0 in the mobile app, and then cannot click in to view the account.

I have this issue too.  My NZ$ Debt Accounts get changed to US$ when syncing to mobile.  But this doesn't happen with accounts of any other type, so only supporting USD transactions doesn't seem accurate.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Rbrt:
    You really should post this as a separate Problem - too many varied posts here to be sure you get attention.

You might try moving Quicken 2017 out of the Applications folder and on to your Desktop. Then, make sure Quicken 2017 is not in the Applications folder (just double checking). Now, double-click on Quicken 2017 on your desktop. It should ask to be installed in the Applications folder. Let it do that. Now quit Quicken, and double-click on the Quicken 2017 in the Applications folder. If that launches OK, delete the copy of Quicken on your Desktop.

This problem has been reported here only once before, and no solution was found at that time. So, I am just playing a hunch. Now if you could describe any special situation with your computing setup, that might help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Quicken Colin
    Quicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rbrt said:

Every time I start 4.2.1 quicken 2017 for my iMac it shows a message box asking to be installed in the applications folder. Every time! Why does it do this (it is already there) and how do I get rid of the annoying behavior?

Creating separate conversation for troubleshooting.

Please reference the new conversation here: Quicken for Mac 2017 asking to be installed when I launch the program.
  • Quicken Colin
    Quicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    lhossus said:

Rbrt:
    You really should post this as a separate Problem - too many varied posts here to be sure you get attention.

You might try moving Quicken 2017 out of the Applications folder and on to your Desktop. Then, make sure Quicken 2017 is not in the Applications folder (just double checking). Now, double-click on Quicken 2017 on your desktop. It should ask to be installed in the Applications folder. Let it do that. Now quit Quicken, and double-click on the Quicken 2017 in the Applications folder. If that launches OK, delete the copy of Quicken on your Desktop.

This problem has been reported here only once before, and no solution was found at that time. So, I am just playing a hunch. Now if you could describe any special situation with your computing setup, that might help.

Moving to new conversation.

Please reference the new conversation here: Troubleshooting reply
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jeff S said:

My home currency is set to GBP (I am from UK).

1) I have two Debt accounts, also set to GBP. When I sync data for Mobile Access, both Debt accounts turn into USD. I've tried Reset Connected Services, problem continues. ONLY affects Debt accounts, all my other accounts remain as GBP.

2) My Investing section shows two Brokerage Investments again GBP. In the Investing screen, it shows GBP in Market Value and Day Gain/Loss, but the Stock holdings show a USD symbol.

3) Everything in Quicken mobile app shows as USD regardless of what currency is set per account.

4) Debt Loans show as USD 0 in the mobile app, and then cannot click in to view the account.

Turns on that for QM2016 3.5.3, the following fix was just released Oct 27. 
    BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing.

It is unclear whether this fix is for syncing to the FI/abank, or for Mobile sync, or both.

Hopefully the same fix will be issued for QM2017 soon.

• Malcom Allen
    Malcom Allen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Any idea when the bug with SCHEDULED checks will be fixed?

When attempting to Edit a scheduled transaction the "check" view will display the (incorrect) error message "Unprintable transaction.  Downloaded transactions cannot be printed."  Why is this displayed it has nothing to do with a downloaded transaction?
    This also makes the address area for the printed check locked and it cannot be edited.

This also means SCHEDULED checks will NOT appear when the "File > Print Checks" menu option is selected since they are (incorrectly) "Unprintable".

SCHEDULED CHECKS CANNOT BE PRINTED or have the ADDRESS EDITED!?  I know it's "old tech" but there are some business that still have to be paid this way.  PLEASE, PLEASE FIX IT ASAP. 

There is a "trick" that can be used to edit the address on a scheduled check (it takes several steps).  But it's of no use if the SCHEDULED CHECKS CANNOT BE PRINTED.

(this is broken in Mac 2016 & Mac 2017 - how can that be?)

Take-back on the scheduled checks not-printing statement!  I didn't realize that scheduled checks have to be marked as PAID and THEN they'll appear in the Print Checks dialog.  Coming from Mac 2007 that's not what I expected. 

The weird "Unprintable Transaction" message when attempting to edit the check's address box for SCHEDULED checks remains a real problem.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi there,

I just upgraded to Sierra on my MacBook and found that my Quicken Essentials no longer worked. So, I purchased Quicken 2017 from the App Store, installed it, and found that it's impossible to sign in. I've tried reseting my password numerous times to no avail. Quicken 2017 won't recognize my password. Is there another step I need to take that I've skipped? Thanks!

Maria
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited December 2016

Hi there,

I just upgraded to Sierra on my MacBook and found that my Quicken Essentials no longer worked. So, I purchased Quicken 2017 from the App Store, installed it, and found that it's impossible to sign in. I've tried reseting my password numerous times to no avail. Quicken 2017 won't recognize my password. Is there another step I need to take that I've skipped? Thanks!

Maria

Converting comment into a stand alone thread for visibility.

Please reference the new conversation here: Cannot log into newly installed QMac 2017.
This discussion has been closed.