Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.4.1 Released

Options

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Does anyone have a status on what the issue is that caused them to stop the update to 4.4.1 from being able to be download? 

Hmmm, maybe it's that Not Reviewed filter problem we just reported (although I would not think that critical enough to stop the update).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Does anyone have a status on what the issue is that caused them to stop the update to 4.4.1 from being able to be download? 

@RickO, No...it has been several days already. (since you have access, see this post in the Lounge: Did the Mac version 4.4.1 update get pulled?)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

I don't mean they pulled it because of this new report. I mean they may have already discovered this issue before we reported it here in the community (e.g. from chat or phone support incidents).
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

ahhh.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

smayer97, when I click your link to  Did the Mac version 4.4.1 update get pulled? I get this message on the top of the forum home page "Sorry! You don't have access to the content you requested. If you think you should have access, please contact the administrator of the community."

Anyone have an idea why?
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Hi All,
    We continue to gather information on this, but it looks like a few users have reported the issue-- @Jennifer Dyson, are you still unable to update to 4.4.1?

Someone will reach out to you directly to get more information so we can track this down.

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Hi All,
    We continue to gather information on this, but it looks like a few users have reported the issue-- @Jennifer Dyson, are you still unable to update to 4.4.1?

Someone will reach out to you directly to get more information so we can track this down.

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Quicken Kathryn - I am still unable to download.  It still just says my current 4.3.1 is the latest version.  Mine was installed via Amazon purchase.  Thanks for checking back.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

I am also still unable to download 4.4.1.  Quicken Mac also tells me that 4.3.1 is the latest version.  I purchased, downloaded and installed directly from Quicken.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

@RCinNJ it is a post in a private area only for SuperUsers and Quicken staff.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

OK. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Nice new features. Great that these items are being addressed. I only wish they were implemented completely.

Auto-Backup: why could it not be implemented with the option to choose how many backup copies, like in QM2007?

New Transaction Account Sidebar Indicator: What is the criteria that makes the blue dot go away? Without that piece of information how are we to know what it means, if it is working correctly, or what the process is to manage or control it?

Preference to Turn Off Auto-Opening Splits: why could this not be implemented to control separately the behaviour when open a split vs when to close a split, like in QM2007, and how it was requested 3 1/2 months ago here: Expanding split transactions  and detailed here?

I like some of these improvements but I would strongly suggest that when you implement a feature that has existed before, like in QM2007, that you make it at least as complete as the original, If you choose to improve on it and add more, that is great. But to deliver less than the original is simply frustrating! I can understand delivering a feature in multiple stages when it is more complex but I just do not see the reason for these partial implementations, especially if the feature is a small one. 

I could not produce the Quicken year end report on mac quickener 2016  so I completed the report on my Dell version from 2014,why what link am I missing
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    There is a small bug that I believe should be easy to fix. When you record a transfer transaction between cash accounts, Quicken allows you to enter the transaction once and then it reflects on both accounts. But if you try to record a transfer transaction between a cash account and an investment account (e.g. move money from checking to brokerage), it does not allow you. In fact, if you specify the transfer account, Quicken just records the transaction as a "transfer" without recognizing the other account. This feature can be annoying if your checking account does not support automatic download and you have to do all of this manually. I hope that since this feature works between cash accounts, it should not be difficult to extend that between investment accounts, or between cash and investment accounts.
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

There is a small bug that I believe should be easy to fix. When you record a transfer transaction between cash accounts, Quicken allows you to enter the transaction once and then it reflects on both accounts. But if you try to record a transfer transaction between a cash account and an investment account (e.g. move money from checking to brokerage), it does not allow you. In fact, if you specify the transfer account, Quicken just records the transaction as a "transfer" without recognizing the other account. This feature can be annoying if your checking account does not support automatic download and you have to do all of this manually. I hope that since this feature works between cash accounts, it should not be difficult to extend that between investment accounts, or between cash and investment accounts.

Try putting Transfer:[Account Name] in the category. Quicken should learn and do it for you in the future.
  • Quicken Tamara
    Quicken Tamara Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

@jennifer dyson - I've not received any reply to my email request, so I cannot call you back until you provide that info.

Please check your email for one from quicken.beta@quicken.com so we can get this issue resolved.

Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

Yes, I did this, but what I see is that Quicken just resets this to just "Transfer" and removes the Account Name.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

what if you make the transfer column visible and enter the account name there?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

THANKS!!! This took care of the problem. 
    Is this in some documentation that I missed?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

Documentation? really? There is no real documentation...there is a rudimentary online guide and there is the built-in help...not sure how thorough it is. If you are interested in the online guides, for help with QM2017, you can start here: https://www.quicken.com/support#osx
    If that is not enough, this may help too (material written for QM2016). Check out the following: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-faq-where-to-find-a-help-guide-f...

BTW, to be able to enter transfers with account names in the category field, you have to turn on this new feature in the preferences...then you will be able to enter transfers by simply typing '[' to start.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Jen112
    Jen112 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jen said:

Quicken Tamara,-sorry, I had not been at my computer much today.  I responded to the email.  Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Nice new features. Great that these items are being addressed. I only wish they were implemented completely.

Auto-Backup: why could it not be implemented with the option to choose how many backup copies, like in QM2007?

New Transaction Account Sidebar Indicator: What is the criteria that makes the blue dot go away? Without that piece of information how are we to know what it means, if it is working correctly, or what the process is to manage or control it?

Preference to Turn Off Auto-Opening Splits: why could this not be implemented to control separately the behaviour when open a split vs when to close a split, like in QM2007, and how it was requested 3 1/2 months ago here: Expanding split transactions  and detailed here?

I like some of these improvements but I would strongly suggest that when you implement a feature that has existed before, like in QM2007, that you make it at least as complete as the original, If you choose to improve on it and add more, that is great. But to deliver less than the original is simply frustrating! I can understand delivering a feature in multiple stages when it is more complex but I just do not see the reason for these partial implementations, especially if the feature is a small one. 

why can I not print year end report on my Mac?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

I use quicken to give all my finances to my accountant for my  taxes to the IRS. why can I not print year end finances
  • RickO
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

Interesting thing I just noticed.... if you use "Transfer" for the category on a transaction that has an account in the Transfer column, Quicken automatically modifies the Category entry to read "Transfer:[dest account]". This is true EVEN IF the option "allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" is disabled. This is a bug in my opinion.

Workaround: just make up some other category to use in these cases instead of "Transfer".
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mootaz said:

Lorraine: it's better to create a new question instead of adding to a long thread unrelated to your problem -- you get a better chance of attracting people to help with your issue. In any case, for anyone to help, you should tell us what version of Quicken your're using, what report you are trying to print, and what happens or what you see.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    How can I tell what version of Q Mac 2017 I'm using and how do I download the new version?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    On the Tool bar click on Quicken then click on about Quicken, you should see the Quicken 2017 window with the version your using
  • RickO
    edited January 2017
    Options

How can I tell what version of Q Mac 2017 I'm using and how do I download the new version?

Current version is 4.4.1. Click menu Quicken > Check for Updates... to get the current version. HOWEVER, there has been a problem report that some folks are not able to get 4.4.1 at this point. Watch for news on that.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I just spent an hour on support to address. They issued a new purchase and had ne redownload. The download is version 4.2.1 and then at launch it updates to 4.3.1. Still stuck on 4.3.1 with no update available. The support guy and i both gave up. What a waste of time.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am another new user stuck on 4.3.1. I purchased the downloadable version from Amazon.com on Jan 1. It automatically updated during the installation. It is now on 4.3.1, and Quicken > Check for Updates reports 4.3.1 is the newest release available.
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've noticed an issue in 4.4.1 that I hadn't seen before.  I added a new subcategory (Stacy Inheritance Used:Taxes), but that subcategory isn't shown in a report where it is clearly selected.  The category was selected before I opened the customization window. See the picture below.  This has got to be a bug.  Also, notice how the rows are offset up?  That issue shows up when you scroll to the bottom of the page.  

QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
This discussion has been closed.