Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• JG0158
    JG0158 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Now Citibank credit cards stopped working too. Is there a way to delete the latest upgrade and go back to the previous version?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

Now Citibank credit cards stopped working too. Is there a way to delete the latest upgrade and go back to the previous version?

You can restore it from a time machine (or other) backup if you have one. Otherwise no.

It's a good idea to save a compressed copy of both the app and your last data file before installing major updates such as this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I was able to restore v4.5.8 using Time Machine and having to setup my accounts again.  All in all, about 2.5 hours of headache(1 hour with support troubleshooting 4.6, 1.5 hours to restore, setup downloads and enter any missing transactions in the registers.).  Quicken, I highly recommend you pull this update.  It plain does not work.  Even the account totals down the left side are wrong, I have 2 accounts showing negative amounts when there are in the positive.  
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

We automatically backup everything. Your app should appear in the trash and there should be an automatic backup of the file that starts with "BACKUP (Pre-Update)".  However, your Intuit ID is now a Quicken ID and can't be used anymore.  We would prefer that you work with us to figure out what is the issue with your particular account because all 4.5.8 versions of the app will stop downloading transactions on 9/30 because of our divestiture from Intuit.  

When you get the error can you Report a Problem so we can get your log files to figure out what is going on?  It would be good to get the error message you're seeing.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jeff D. said:

I have a MacBook and an iMac and use both to access my quicken data file with resides in iCloud.  My iMac updated to QM2017 4.6x and appears to have updated/converted my data file to that version.  On my MacBook I have version 4.5.8 - when I try to open my data file I get an error message telling me to update to latest version to be able to open the file.  When I click check for updates I get a message - 4.5.8 is currently the newest version available.  I have tried deleting the quicken app and re-installing (4.5.8 is the version I get with the new download), restarting my computer multiple times and using disk utility to run disk first aid (no problems found).  Any thoughts on how to get version 4.6x onto my MacBook so I can open my quicken data file?

Please call Quicken support at 650-250-1900.  They will give you a way to download 4.6 for your second machine.  They just need to verify that you own the software. 

We have found issues when one has their file in a folder that syncs with a cloud service such as iCloud, Dropbox, etc.  Since the Quicken Mac file is essentially a folder with a bunch of files, these sync services sometimes set weird permissions on the individual files that we're not expecting which could lead to crashes or not being able to open a file if we do a database migration.  If it's working for you, just be aware of these potential issues.  I'm assuming you are already working around the issue of simultaneous usage of the file which could lead to data corruption.

If you only care about transactions updating, you may want to consider using the Quicken cloud to sync your data.  Basically, make a copy of your file and move it the second machine and turn on mobile sync.  This sync method does have some limitations because we don't yet sync reports, budgets or the calendar.
  • JG0158
    JG0158 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

There is no error message and now American Express stopped working too. More and more of my accounts have stopped updating
  • JG0158
    JG0158 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I deactivated downloads for American Express to try to set it up again and got the following error message: Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. 
    Error code: internal.api 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

I was able to restore v4.5.8 using Time Machine and having to setup my accounts again.  All in all, about 2.5 hours of headache(1 hour with support troubleshooting 4.6, 1.5 hours to restore, setup downloads and enter any missing transactions in the registers.).  Quicken, I highly recommend you pull this update.  It plain does not work.  Even the account totals down the left side are wrong, I have 2 accounts showing negative amounts when there are in the positive.  

We have stopped rolling 4.6 out to investigate issues.  Do you recall what accounts had bad balances?  Were they both Quicken Connect accounts?  Were they credit cards or checking accounts?  We have heard about 2 reports of balance issues for a few accounts where there were hidden transactions that didn't appear in the register but mysteriously appear in the reconcile screen.  That shouldn't even be possible so we're investigating that.  This is the only issue we're aware of where balances were off for 2 customers.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

Upgraded to v4.6 and I can no longer update any of my accounts via Accounts-> Update all Online accounts, even after spending an hour with support.  I Have to create new and then link each time for Capital One 360, There is an issue connecting to Emigrant Direct and I cannot update or add new for this bank.  This is so frustrating!

Shane, if you were able to roll back to 4.5.8 without issue then for some reason your Intuit ID must NOT have been migrated to a Quicken ID.  This would be the reason nothing appeared to work.  I know you have already reverted your account back to 4.5.8 but do you remember seeing the Intuit ID migration screen and flow?  I just want to confirm that this was this issue.
  • JG0158
    JG0158 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I can't get either Chase or Bank of America to ework since the update

JG0158, I just sent you an email following up on the issues that you mentioned. If you can send me your current application logs via Help>Save Diagnostic Info, we could investigate further.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

Upgraded to v4.6 and I can no longer update any of my accounts via Accounts-> Update all Online accounts, even after spending an hour with support.  I Have to create new and then link each time for Capital One 360, There is an issue connecting to Emigrant Direct and I cannot update or add new for this bank.  This is so frustrating!

Hello, I remember being asked to create a Quicken account(Username and PW), I do not recall what occurred next.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

Yes, 2 were savings accounts with Capital One 360.  The EmigrantDirect account is a savings account that could not be setup.  Even after rolling back to 4.5.8 I am still unable to connect with EmigrantDirect, so I am not sure what the issue is there.
  • Stacy Neranchi Vigil
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

I am having similar issues, this update is requiring FAR to much effort on my part, seriously considering switching to Mint.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

Direct Connect is a higher quality connection so it's always better to use Direct Connect but be aware that some banks charge.  For example, Wells Fargo charges me $3 a month for Direct Connect.  Quicken doesn't charge but some banks do.  With that said, you really shouldn't have to switch from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect to get your accounts to download but I'm glad it's working for you.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

It sounds like from a post below that you switched to Direct Connect and now it's working better.  if you run into this issue again, please go to Help : Report a Problem to send us your logs so iI can investigate it.    
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

In the last week, I started having major problems connecting with all of my bank accounts.  My version is 4.5.8 but when I check for updates, the program tells me I have the latest version.  How do I get the 4.6 update?
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Marcus, will you be posting clear & praise instructions as to how this is implemented for folks?

maybe "Clear & precise"
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I really hope all of the issues are taken care of before the 30th.. I don't have time to troubleshoot a program that I used every single day.   did not sign up for beta testing. 
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I received the QM2017 4.6.0/4.6.1 update this afternoon (2017-09-14).

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

What once took one or two minutes now takes five to ten minutes.

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I downloaded the new QM2017 4.6.2 update and my First tech Federal Credit Union now fails to connect with an MFA failure message.  I know its getting through to the bank because I'm getrting the bank's auth codes via sms, but I cant enter them into quicken due to the failure.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I downloaded the new QM2017 4.6.2 update and my First tech Federal Credit Union now fails to connect with an MFA failure message.  I know its getting through to the bank because I'm getrting the bank's auth codes via sms, but I cant enter them into quicken due to the failure.

I saw a reference to a problem with mobile sync earlier in this thread. I disabled mobile sync in preferences and can now sync to my bank.  I hope you can clean up the mobile sync features quickly.
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ Quicken Marcus.

I have one question regarding the Quicken ID and password migration.

I just updated to v4.6.x for Quicken 2017 for Mac and created my new Quicken ID and password. All went smoothly, except one of two Chase credit card accounts randomly downloaded three duplicate transactions from 2 months ago, but otherwise Direct Connect works with all 10 of my accounts that support it. Now running v4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100). Quicken => Preferences => Connected Services shows me connecting via Quicken ID at my e-mail address. 

My question concerns a separate Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows (R10) data file that duplicates all the data from all the same accounts as my Quicken-Mac data file. The Windows Quicken app hasn't updated yet, and since updating the Mac app, I have not attempted to download transactions to the Windows data file. I have assumed I should hold off on downloading transactions through the Quicken for Windows app until after the Quicken for Windows app updates to R11. Is that correct, or can I continue downloading to the Windows data file using the old Intuit ID & password? 

One related followup: When Quicken for Windows invites me to update to R11, will I be able to just sign in using my new Quicken ID @ password created for Quicken for Mac? This may be obvious in the workflow, but inasmuch as I haven't gone through it yet, I thought I would ask. 

Thanks. 
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    in2ndo said:

I really hope all of the issues are taken care of before the 30th.. I don't have time to troubleshoot a program that I used every single day.   did not sign up for beta testing. 

So what do all customers do when the 30th comes, and this thing still doesn't work? Is there a Plan B?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Version 4.6.2 (build 46.19020.100) was pushed to my laptop last night. But when I tried to upgrade my desktop this morning (which has version 4.5.8, build 45.17542.100) the software says it is the latest version available. Of course, since the data file has been upgraded in the laptop update, it can no longer be read by the desktop. I tried chatting with a customer service agent (case number 01109715) but he keeps on insisting that "the latest version that we have for the Quicken 2017 for Mac is Version 4.5.6 (6/2017)." Now he has gone offline!! 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Version 4.6.2 (build 46.19020.100) was pushed to my laptop last night. But when I tried to upgrade my desktop this morning (which has version 4.5.8, build 45.17542.100) the software says it is the latest version available. Of course, since the data file has been upgraded in the laptop update, it can no longer be read by the desktop. I tried chatting with a customer service agent (case number 01109715) but he keeps on insisting that "the latest version that we have for the Quicken 2017 for Mac is Version 4.5.6 (6/2017)." Now he has gone offline!! 

Now I am told, by another agent (case number 01109777): "I understand, okay as I checked here, the latest version has been paused, it's released only to check or to find out, if it's run or work smoothly, in short, that is only a test release, to know if it's may cause some issue for some user, if our product developer found out that the release is working fine with such no problem, it may automatically prompt on your software to installed,"

And later: "As I mentioned before 4.6.2 is not yet live, that is only a system generated release that some use can install."

This is very frustrating. I never signed up to have a selective download and then not have the program work as intended. And help has not been forthcoming, even after a considerable amount of time has been wasted. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OMG! Quicken is testing releases on live production users?  Had I read this thread earlier I would never have upgraded, but the in product prompt said it was required?!  This is total amateur hour.
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

15 days and counting.... 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Keep in mind that these updates are in limited staged release, so once the set number of downloads has been reached, you will not be able to download it even if you were originally notified, until a new batch is released.

That said, if you do get a copy of the latest update on one computer and want it on another, you can simply copy the Quicken app from one computer to the other so all your data files can be updated to the same version.

A caveat is to always make sure you have a backup of both the previous Quicken app version AND your data file(s) just in case.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

why doesn't the Quicken installer do that automatically???  previous versions did, is this the price of separating from Intuit?
This discussion has been closed.