Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

I have one account that connects after the upgrade to 4.6.2, it is a direct connect account.  None of my other accounts work, all of which appear to be Quicken connect accounts.  I have tried to reset the connection type on several accounts, they all remain Quicken connections no matter what I do.  Also, the links to connect to support don't do anything, they don't lead to a website or open an email, which is really frustrating when things are not working...I shouldn't have to wander the internet and create a support account to say I'm having issues!

There was never an option to reset accounts or any notification of a need to do anything during the installation process, I created the new Quicken ID and that was the only thing that happened during the setup.  At the moment, my banking connections are almost all dead, and that's something that shouldn't have happened...this needs to be fixed pronto, and why the release did this to people's accounts needs to be understood so it never happens again.

JoeV... if you reinstalled back to a pre 4.6.x version, you will have to also revert to a backup copy of your data file from before you did update.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

I have one account that connects after the upgrade to 4.6.2, it is a direct connect account.  None of my other accounts work, all of which appear to be Quicken connect accounts.  I have tried to reset the connection type on several accounts, they all remain Quicken connections no matter what I do.  Also, the links to connect to support don't do anything, they don't lead to a website or open an email, which is really frustrating when things are not working...I shouldn't have to wander the internet and create a support account to say I'm having issues!

There was never an option to reset accounts or any notification of a need to do anything during the installation process, I created the new Quicken ID and that was the only thing that happened during the setup.  At the moment, my banking connections are almost all dead, and that's something that shouldn't have happened...this needs to be fixed pronto, and why the release did this to people's accounts needs to be understood so it never happens again.

Thanks for the info.  I tried doing the data file restore and am still in limbo.  I am going to call Quicken Help tomorrow.  If they can't help I will find another financial program.  I have spent way to much time trying to repair their blunder.  
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I updated to Q2017Mac v 4.6.2, setup a Quicken ID, and linked to all of my accounts yesterday AM with no problems — I think.

I’m not sure everything is OK, because despite having asked Quicken v4.6.2 to update all of my accounts several times, for many the banking and credit card accounts (i.e. the ones that use Quicken Connect) the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window still shows the time stamp of my very first update after the upgrade. Meanwhile the “Last Update” time stamps for accounts that use “Direct Connect” indicate when I last checked them to see if there was any new activity.

I’m guessing that the feature “NEW: Quicken Connect transactions will now be delivered via the Quicken Cloud “ also changed the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window. “Last Update” column now  seems to be the time stamp of the “Last CHANGE” downloaded for accounts that use Quicken Connect and the “Last CONNECTION” for those accounts using Direct connect. For accounts with little activity these two meanings can lead to very different time stamps.

It would be nice if the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window was consistent whether the update was via Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. And I’d prefer what I believe was the meaning in previous versions — i.e. The last time that Quicken connected to the financial institution to update the account. This would allow those of us, who since the Eqifax Hack are checking our accounts more regularly, to keep track of when each account was last checked.

Edit: I was mistaken. The “Last Update” column in the Account Status window does NOT show the time stamp of my very first update after the upgrade. For 11 accounts, the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window still shows the last update earlier in the morning BEFORE I upgraded to Q2017 v4.6.2. BUT....

The account balance and activity for these 11 accounts (at 5 different financial institutions) match the data in Quicken. And the account balance and activity for 3 other accounts (at 3 of the same financial institutions) were correctly updated using Q2017 v4.6.2. In other words.... Q2017 v4.6.2 correctly connected and retrieved the NEW transactions in 3 accounts and the other 11 accounts had no new transactions to download.

The problem is that I had to log on to several financial institutions web sites to check the balances and activity manually. Because the “Last Update” column in the Account Status makes it look like the updates to 11 accounts were not working.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marty said:

After waiting for the update to 4.6.2, I was offered it yesterday. I did not apply it, however, out of caution, since many of the updates in recent times have been buggy. Today, I checked again, and the update is no longer available. Has it been pulled?

np. GetSat does have some quirks, sometimes double posting with a single entry, and if you try to go back immediately to the same thread, your post will not appear until after you refresh the page, so poor cache management of the browser. No harm, no foul.  :-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I updated to Q2017Mac v 4.6.2, setup a Quicken ID, and linked to all of my accounts yesterday AM with no problems — I think.

I’m not sure everything is OK, because despite having asked Quicken v4.6.2 to update all of my accounts several times, for many the banking and credit card accounts (i.e. the ones that use Quicken Connect) the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window still shows the time stamp of my very first update after the upgrade. Meanwhile the “Last Update” time stamps for accounts that use “Direct Connect” indicate when I last checked them to see if there was any new activity.

I’m guessing that the feature “NEW: Quicken Connect transactions will now be delivered via the Quicken Cloud “ also changed the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window. “Last Update” column now  seems to be the time stamp of the “Last CHANGE” downloaded for accounts that use Quicken Connect and the “Last CONNECTION” for those accounts using Direct connect. For accounts with little activity these two meanings can lead to very different time stamps.

It would be nice if the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window was consistent whether the update was via Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. And I’d prefer what I believe was the meaning in previous versions — i.e. The last time that Quicken connected to the financial institution to update the account. This would allow those of us, who since the Eqifax Hack are checking our accounts more regularly, to keep track of when each account was last checked.

You may want to consider adding your VOTE to Restore Transactions Downloading Acceptance and Matching workflow.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Downloading Data into Quicken. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• d14
    d14 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    update working well.
  • d14
    d14 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    update working well.
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

A few of my credit card accounts that were changed to Quicken Connect from Direct Connect are still unable to change back. Will I still get my updates through Quicken Connect? Thanks.

I guess the connection type doesn't matter if the accounts still work properly
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

What happens when you try to change them back to Direct Connect?
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

The Direct Connect option is grayed out and not selectable
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Since upgrading to 4.6.2 can't download any transactions whether using direct connect or quicken connect. No one is answering the technical support phone line either. Please fix this. 
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

Since upgrading to 4.6.2 can't download any transactions whether using direct connect or quicken connect. No one is answering the technical support phone line either. Please fix this. 

I did an upgrade and nothing is working correctly.  I than reloaded Quicken 2017 and still not working.  I cannot access my data files at my financial institution and have tried Chat twice and was disconnected both times.  It appears Quicken really messed up on this upgrade.  I'll wait and see if they do anything to help correct this fiasco. If not I'll find another financial software to use.  
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Please tell me how I can uninstall Quicken, do a reinstall and then upgrade to a 4.6.2 that works.  Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

Same here--been a customer since 1995.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Updated to Quicken for Mac v 4.6.2 and no credit card or bank will update. I've removed each automatic connection and redone it, it works once and then never again. Goes back to that date and never moves on. Help!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JoeV said:

Please tell me how I can uninstall Quicken, do a reinstall and then upgrade to a 4.6.2 that works.  Thanks.

There is no uninstaller for QMac; you simply drag the Quicken app to the trash. 
    That said, if you already upgraded to v4.6.2, the old version should be sitting in your trash (unless you emptied it already). To re-install, simply drag it back out of the trash, or download and move the Quicken app to your application folder.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JoeV said:

Oh and you will need to restore a previous version of your data file as 4.6.2 alters you data file so it is not compatible with previous versions of QMac.

• RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

What specific banks (as shown in the FI list)?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

Bank of America
    Citibank
    Montecito Bank and Trust
    Chase

Also credit cards:
    Amex
    Capital One
    Discover
  • Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to get an account to download transactions automatically when that account will only connect via Quicken connect?  The direct connect choice is greyed out.  I'm specifically referring to my Bank of America credit card account.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

Solvang Girl, for Bank of America you have two options.

(1)  "Bank of America - Quicken" allows the account to be configured as a manual account or automatic updates using Quicken Connect.  Quicken Connect is the default connection method.

(2)  "Bank of America - All Other States" does not support configuring automatic updates using Quicken Connect.  It does support configuring the accounts for manual use or using Web Connect or Direct Connect for automatic updates.  Direct Connect is the default connection method.

One problem with Quicken is that you need to open fidir.txt to discover the name for your bank that supports the connection method that you want to use.  For Quicken Connect you need to see the string, ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT, after your financial institution name.

If you want to use Direct Connect, you need to see ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT after the financial institution name.

One bug that I have encountered with QM2017 4.6.x is where the sync flag has been set for a Direct Connect account causing the connection request to be sent to the Quicken Cloud where if fails.  You will see a 1002 error being returned to indicate invalid credentials.
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Updated to Quicken for Mac v 4.6.2 and no credit card or bank will update. I've removed each automatic connection and redone it, it works once and then never again. Goes back to that date and never moves on. Help!

Based on my experience after upgrading to Q2017 Mac v4.6.2...

I think the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window no longer indicates when Quicken last connected to your Bank, etc. I think it now indicates when Quicken last actually downloaded new activity. If this is true, the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window will stay the same until there is new activity in that account.

In my case after upgrading to Q2017 Mac v4.6.2, 3 of 14 Quicken Connect accounts downloaded new activity and correctly showed the time of the “Last Update” in the Account Status window. The other 11, that had no new activity, still show the time of the “Last Update” in the Account Status window as before upgrading to Q2017 Mac v4.6.2. FWIW the 3 accounts that updated correctly via Quicken Connect were at: Bank America (Checking), Chase (CC) and Citi (CC).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just adding my findings.  I'm also having an 'update accounts' issue.  In my case, selecting the update option, just causes it to spin.  After a minute or so, it shuts down the app.  Upon restart of the app, I'm presented with a pop up asking to submit a log of the error and what I was attempting.  The logging info contains this bit of information: "Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'UnlockedTransferTransactionException', reason: 'the target of a transfer has splits which means the source transaction entry should be locked and not deletable.'". Even after some basic troubleshooting, i.e. deactivating all account from quicken (or direct) connection, the error still occurs.  Lastly, once I submit the logged info, the app opens and I see downloaded transactions, not by the blue dot indicator next to account name, rather by going into the accounts and seeing the 'cleared' flag has been checked.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

Check out Personal Capital
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Marcus,

Using Quicken for Mac 2017 version 4.6.2. USAA accounts using Quicken Connect will not update. I tried disconnecting one of the accounts, and of course now I can't reconnect. I get a server communication error...

"Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error Code (null)"

Any ideas?
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

I sure will.  Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

My 4.5.8 has not updated to 4.6.2 but is no longer operating correctly.  When I try to download certain accounts I am asked to sign in with my Intuit ID, but then I get an error message saying something is wrong at Quicken's end.  This has been going on for over a week and in the meantime there are accounts I cannot download.  Had a bad and very nonhelpful session with phone support.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

Citibank, Chase and Amex (at least) all have Direct Connect in 4.5.8 and should not have the option grayed out in 4.6.x. 

Marcus, is the team aware of D/C accounts being changed over to Q/C and then not having D/C as an option to be able to change back to?
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maria said:

Hi Marcus,

Using Quicken for Mac 2017 version 4.6.2. USAA accounts using Quicken Connect will not update. I tried disconnecting one of the accounts, and of course now I can't reconnect. I get a server communication error...

"Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error Code (null)"

Any ideas?
    I connect to USAA using "Direct Connect" on 4.6.2 and works fine... Have you tried to use "Direct Connect"?
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

I am also dead in the watr and noticed the wait times for Quickehat and phone support.  I am on the verge of finding an alternative to Quicken.  I have messed around and wasted a lot of time on this broken product which I PAID good money for!
This discussion has been closed.