edited September 2017
    Options

Marcus,

I think that I had found a bug in the 4.6 beta 4 when I was
    testing it as part of the beta program and now that you are releasing
    the version, I am wondering if it was fixed.  Although I had replied to
    Travis last week with more information and a clarification of the
    problem, I have never heard anything more.  I also found the same
    problem in the 2018 version that I am testing. 
    The problem that I
    encountered has to do with my bank accounts that are set up as web
    connect for updating.  The first time I wanted to do an update, I signed
    on to the bank, downloaded transactions, opened quicken and linked to
    the correct quicken account and everything worked fine.  After that, I
    could pull down the accounts menu,  select update selected account and
    quicken would launch the browser with the banks web page.  If I looked
    at the settings for one of the bank accounts, it said  connection type
    Web Connect. 
    The problem is that as soon as I click on the round
    arrow to update everything, it goes through the process, quickly flashes
    a window that shows the update status of all my accounts and then
    re-flashes the same screen without my bank accounts.  When I check the
    settings for the accounts, they are no longer set up for Web connect.  I
    have tried setting them up a second or third time and every time I
    update all they changed back.
    Although this is something that I can
    work around, it is an annoyance and something that has always worked in
    prior releases.  This error started happening in 4.6 beta 4 and as I
    said before it is also happening in the 2018 version.

Thanks,
    Karen

Karen, thanks for submitting that issue in beta and yes its fixed in 4.6.2.  We just updated all of you in the beta program with 4.6.2 so you can try it out.  It's quite a bit different than Beta 4.  Also, it might make sense to report this in the beta site since most people here won't understand the context but thanks again for reporting the issue and let us know if its not fixed for you. 
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

@ Quicken Marcus,

I'm afraid I have to amend my earlier report of a largely flawless migration to QM 2017 v4.6.2 last night to report problems with three Direct Connect accounts I didn't notice until today: 

1. My Wells Fargo bank accounts all transitioned flawlessly, but my WF home mortgage and HELOC will not connect. I've gone through the process to add them but receive this error notice: Sync Error Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error code: ccwebbrowser.530. I reported this earlier. 

2. My Costco credit card won't Direct Connect and goes to Quicken Connect, but doesn't do anything at all when I update all or just this account. Quicken allows me to go through the process to Change Connection Type and it appears to work: Quicken queries Capital One for a 2nd-level security code and allows me to enter it, displays the correct card# and account to link, etc. I've tried to Deactivate Downloads and set up Direct Connect from scratch with the same result. Both attempts ended with the account still connected via Quicken Connect and no downloads happening. 

3. This last is the most baffling: Only one of two Chase credit cards transitioned correctly, i.e. to Direct Connect, and downloads transactions smoothly. The other account, which worked in Direct Connect in v.4.5.8, says it's connected in Quicken Connect, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I download. Same user name and p/w for both Chase accounts. I've turned off downloads and gone through the process of setting up Direct Connect. Quicken queries Chase for a 2nd level security code, I receive it and enter it, Quicken identifies the correct credit card, allows me to link it to the correct account in Quicken and the process appears to be syncing with Chase, but the account comes back as still connected via Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect.

These Direct Connect accounts were all functioning in v.4.5.8 36 hours ago. 

I should also add that I do NOT use Quicken Mobile (and never have), which I noted had been linked to issues with Direct Connect in some earlier comments on this thread. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Michael said:

I just updated to Quicken Mac ver 4.6.2, and created a new Quicken ID and Password. I thought the release notes indicated that only one (1) new ID would be required, and other Quicken files could be included in this account. However, when I opened my other two files, each time it asked me to create a new account and password. So, my question is, how do we include other files in the new Quicken ID account? (This question was also posted to "Other Questions - Mac".)

Great question.  The answer, unfortunately, is that we don't make it easy in this release.  First some background. In the past, we required or at least strongly encouraged different Intuit IDs for different files or there could be some crosstalk issues with account aggregation.  This is no longer an issue in 4.6.  4.6 can have multiple files under the same Quicken ID.  Unfortunately to do that you would have to Sign in as a different user (It's in Preferences under the Connected service tab).  After this, you would sign in using your new Quicken ID.  The bad part is you'll need to reset up all of your accounts.  
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

Thanks for letting the community know.  I think people forget that when one goes to the forums they are mostly going to see negative issues.  People don't typically go to the forum to post positive experiences.  In other words, there's a lot of people who aren't seeing any issues.  We're monitoring all the errors coming in and can see the percentage of people being affected and it's a relatively small percentage.  It's still not where we'd like it to be but quite honestly it's not too much higher than it was in 4.5.8.  Transaction downloads are always problematic.  In fact, many of you reporting issues today are seeing AMEX issues.  This is because AMEX is dealing with an issue and are working on a fix so they aren't allowing transaction downloads from their services.  This is not a Quicken issue.  Everyone trying to access Amex will run into this issue whether they're using QuickBooks, Mint, Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac.
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

@ Quicken Marcus,

I'm afraid I have to amend my earlier report of a largely flawless migration to QM 2017 v4.6.2 last night to report problems with three Direct Connect accounts I didn't notice until today: 

1. My Wells Fargo bank accounts all transitioned flawlessly, but my WF home mortgage and HELOC will not connect. I've gone through the process to add them but receive this error notice: Sync Error Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error code: ccwebbrowser.530. I reported this earlier. 

2. My Costco credit card won't Direct Connect and goes to Quicken Connect, but doesn't do anything at all when I update all or just this account. Quicken allows me to go through the process to Change Connection Type and it appears to work: Quicken queries Capital One for a 2nd-level security code and allows me to enter it, displays the correct card# and account to link, etc. I've tried to Deactivate Downloads and set up Direct Connect from scratch with the same result. Both attempts ended with the account still connected via Quicken Connect and no downloads happening. 

3. This last is the most baffling: Only one of two Chase credit cards transitioned correctly, i.e. to Direct Connect, and downloads transactions smoothly. The other account, which worked in Direct Connect in v.4.5.8, says it's connected in Quicken Connect, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I download. Same user name and p/w for both Chase accounts. I've turned off downloads and gone through the process of setting up Direct Connect. Quicken queries Chase for a 2nd level security code, I receive it and enter it, Quicken identifies the correct credit card, allows me to link it to the correct account in Quicken and the process appears to be syncing with Chase, but the account comes back as still connected via Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect.

Additional update: Just got off the phone with Chase. They reported that both of my credit card accounts are still enabled for Quicken Direct Connect and nothing has changed at their end so whatever is keeping Quicken v.4.6.2 from a Direct Connect with one of my two Chase credit cards is the result of a change introduced in the new QM 2017. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jimkk89 said:

Just received update 4.6.2 for Quicken for Mac 2017 and notice to set up a new Quicken Cloud account, but now each of my accounts in the mobile version is off by varying amounts after doing a mobile sync with my correct Quicken desktop version. Is this just me or a bug with the software?

I should note that I do not download banking transactions, I maintain my accounts manually on my desktop or mobile, but now they are not syncing precisely but are now off by a few cents or dollars.  Is anyone else having this problem?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Quicken Marcus The following post in this thread from a user is indicating difficulty finding the ability to remove Web Connect for an account. As per the notes for v4.6.x, this functionality is supposed to have been restored. Can you comment on how to do this or where to find it?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• LB522
    LB522 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

I concur with @R Strax:  All of this chatter had me worried that my (precious) 15 year old Quicken Mac data file was about to be subjected to a buggy mess, but nothing was further from the truth.  The conversion went flawlessly across multiple banks and twenty accounts, and the software functions flawlessly.  Great job guys.
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Marcus... Is there a list of the fixes that went into 4.6.2 QM 2017 besides all of the new backend work?
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I finally received the QM 4.6.2 update yesterday afternoon and all went well except when creating my new ID I got a message "The provided Quicken ID is taken. Please choose a different ID". So, I tried to sign with this ID and it also failed to sign on. I ended up adding a "+XXXX" after the ID and then was able to create the new quicken account.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

@ Quicken Marcus,

Bob, Did you check Quicken preferences to be sure Mobile is turned off? There was a report that the update turned it back on, even though it was previously off.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Eagle22 said:

@Marcus... Is there a list of the fixes that went into 4.6.2 QM 2017 besides all of the new backend work?

Here are the release notes
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-mac-release-notes
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options

I received the QM2017 4.6.0/4.6.1 update this afternoon (2017-09-14).

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

What once took one or two minutes now takes five to ten minutes.

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.

MC, if you uncheck the show this Window only if there are errors you will get the Account update screen. Glad to learn there is a second window which allows the usage of existing Quicken ID..Will see how it goes when the update shows up
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Quicken Marcus, please also take a look at this post (though not entirely sure it is related) 9from the discussion thread QMac: Family sharing:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/family-shearing?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5...

• HansT
    HansT Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I updated yesterday to Version 4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100).  I'm running macOs 10.13 Beta (17A362a) on a late 2016 MacBook Pro.  Sadly, things have not gone well...

I'm getting an error every time I try to update my accounts:

An error occurred during your online banking update.
    This window has been opened to show you your Quicken account status.
    Additional information:
    OFX error #-1002
    Most of my accounts are not updating - a mix of credit cards and and bank accounts.  Neither "Update All" not "Update Selected" clear the issues.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

P.S. - Choosing Help > Contact Support fails with:
    The selected content is currently unavailable
    The content you selected can’t be displayed at this time. Try again later.
  • krm11
    krm11 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

I had no issues when I upgraded to 4.6.2 this morning either.  I have Direct Connect, Quicken Connect, Web Connect, and manually updated accounts.  So far, so good. Thanks!  I might even take the plunge and start using the mobile app :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Marcus,

I think that I had found a bug in the 4.6 beta 4 when I was
    testing it as part of the beta program and now that you are releasing
    the version, I am wondering if it was fixed.  Although I had replied to
    Travis last week with more information and a clarification of the
    problem, I have never heard anything more.  I also found the same
    problem in the 2018 version that I am testing. 
    The problem that I
    encountered has to do with my bank accounts that are set up as web
    connect for updating.  The first time I wanted to do an update, I signed
    on to the bank, downloaded transactions, opened quicken and linked to
    the correct quicken account and everything worked fine.  After that, I
    could pull down the accounts menu,  select update selected account and
    quicken would launch the browser with the banks web page.  If I looked
    at the settings for one of the bank accounts, it said  connection type
    Web Connect. 
    The problem is that as soon as I click on the round
    arrow to update everything, it goes through the process, quickly flashes
    a window that shows the update status of all my accounts and then
    re-flashes the same screen without my bank accounts.  When I check the
    settings for the accounts, they are no longer set up for Web connect.  I
    have tried setting them up a second or third time and every time I
    update all they changed back.
    Although this is something that I can
    work around, it is an annoyance and something that has always worked in
    prior releases.  This error started happening in 4.6 beta 4 and as I
    said before it is also happening in the 2018 version.

Thanks,
    Karen

Thanks for getting back to me, Marcus.  I just wanted to let you know that last night I installed the beta and tried out everything and I am no longer having any problems.  Everything that I tried seemed to be working just fine.  I will report this to the beta group as well.

My thanks to you and your team for all the effort you put in to making the product better.
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

I updated to 4.6.2 and cannot download from my financial institution.  I may have done something incorrectly but definitely need some assistance.  I have posted my problem in this forum. Very frustrating.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.

Concordman, I didn't notice that the show this Window only if there are errors box had been checked by the QM2017 4.6.2 update.

Another annoying feature of the QM2017 4.6.x updates is the arbitrary setting of the Low Balance Enabled and Email check boxes and specifying that the alert should be sent whenever an account falls below $200.00.  I belong to a credit union.  It requires me to maintain a balance of $25.00 in my Regular Share account.

I started receiving emails due to the balance in my Regular Share account.  I was a little slow to realize that I had to enable Sync to disable this feature and to verify that the only accounts being synced were the Quicken Connect accounts at my credit union.  I am not a Quicken Mobile user and have no intention of becoming one!

Unfortunately, enabling Sync automatically enables syncing of all the accounts in your QM2017 database.  Before turning Sync off, you need to click on Accounts, click on the None button to ensure that only Quicken Connect accounts are selected.  You then need to click the Update button to update the Quicken Cloud settings.  Once the update completes you can turn Sync off.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

After waiting for the update to 4.6.2, I was offered it yesterday. I did not apply it, however, out of caution, since many of the updates in recent times have been buggy. Today, I checked again, and the update is no longer available. Has it been pulled?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

After waiting for the update to 4.6.2, I was offered it yesterday. I did not apply it, however, out of caution, since many of the updates in recent times have been buggy. Today, I checked again, and the update is no longer available. Has it been pulled?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    HansT said:

I updated yesterday to Version 4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100).  I'm running macOs 10.13 Beta (17A362a) on a late 2016 MacBook Pro.  Sadly, things have not gone well...

Additional information:
    OFX error #-1002
    Most of my accounts are not updating - a mix of credit cards and and bank accounts.  Neither "Update All" not "Update Selected" clear the issues.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    HansT said:

Additional information:
    OFX error #-1002

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Quicken Marcus, there several flaws in the QM2017 4.6.2 asynchronous (background) updating of the user's Quicken database.

First, it is far too bloody slow for those of us that run Quicken once each evening to obtain the latest updates from out financial institutions.  Why must I wait up to 5 minutes before I can verify that my database accurately reflects what my financial institutions report?

I know about waiting for the sync button above the sidebar to stop rotating and the Account Status window to be updated after it stops rotating.

A secondary flaw in the logic is that not all accounts for which transactions were downloaded will have the blue ball set to the left of the account in the sidebar.  In addition, the Account Status window will not report that any transactions were downloaded for the account.

When I write a check, I create a manual entry in my checking account transaction register.  I disabled the Use posted date for matched transactions (instead of the date you entered manually) under Connected Services.  I can always display the Posted column in the transaction register if I want to see when the check cleared my credit union.

I wrote a check on 12 September 2017 that cleared my credit union on 15 September 2017.  There was no blue ball displayed to the left of my checking account. in the sidebar.  The Account Status window continued to report that the last transaction downloaded for the account occurred on 09 September 2017.  However, the transaction register now displayed a blue pencil in the Status column of the transaction I created on 12 September 2017.

If it matches an existing transaction it's not considered to have been downloaded?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

No it has not been pulled. It is a staged release. Only a limited number are downloads are allowed and then it's on hold while Quicken evaluates how it's going.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Based on my experience it has some real serious flaws and I am dead in the water per using this. 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marty said:

I don't think they offer the downloads on the weekends, anyway it is usually a staged release. Not to worry it will come around to you soon enough
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I updated to Q2017Mac v 4.6.2, setup a Quicken ID, and linked to all of my accounts yesterday AM with no problems — I think.

I’m not sure everything is OK, because despite having asked Quicken v4.6.2 to update all of my accounts several times, for many the banking and credit card accounts (i.e. the ones that use Quicken Connect) the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window still shows the time stamp of my very first update after the upgrade. Meanwhile the “Last Update” time stamps for accounts that use “Direct Connect” indicate when I last checked them to see if there was any new activity.

I’m guessing that the feature “NEW: Quicken Connect transactions will now be delivered via the Quicken Cloud “ also changed the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window. “Last Update” column now  seems to be the time stamp of the “Last CHANGE” downloaded for accounts that use Quicken Connect and the “Last CONNECTION” for those accounts using Direct connect. For accounts with little activity these two meanings can lead to very different time stamps.

It would be nice if the meaning of the “Last Update” column in the Account Status window was consistent whether the update was via Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. And I’d prefer what I believe was the meaning in previous versions — i.e. The last time that Quicken connected to the financial institution to update the account. This would allow those of us, who since the Eqifax Hack are checking our accounts more regularly, to keep track of when each account was last checked.
This discussion has been closed.