Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

The latest fidir.txt file shows that American Express supports Direct Connect, Quicken Connect, and Web Connect.  The default is Quicken Connect as  ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT is the last ACCOUNTINFO in the American Express entry.

Chase has the same configuration as American Express.  All connection types are available but Quicken Connect is the default.

Citi Private Bank customers can use Direct Connect.  Citi bank customers can use Quicken Connect.  Citi (Canada) customers can use Web Connect.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

For those having trouble with Direct Connect, have you tried going to Preferences > Mobile & Alerts and turning OFF Mobile Access, then Advanced > Reset Connected Services? It seems there might be some relationship between this and failing Direct Connect in this version.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

I am in the same boat as suebernard. Changed passwords a dozen times with no success. Phone and chat support are both inept. Set up Personal Capital to replace Quicken today. Will report on experience. 1st download produced 90 days of transactions--not a full conversion.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

RickO, are you not running QM2017 4.6.x?  The option to "Reset Connected Services" has been removed.

If you are having problems with Direct Connect, you might want to turn Sync on under Mobile and Alerts.  Next click on Accounts.  Then click on the None button to disable synchronization of all accounts except those that use Quicken Connect.  When the update completes, click the Mobile button and turn Sync off.

You should now be able to update your Direct Connect accounts.  Of course this may create problems for Quicken Mobile users.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

M C, you are correct. I don't have 4.6.x yet. I was just guessing at a possible fix. You instructions are what I was trying to recall from my feeble memory. Thanks for posting (again).
  • Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I can't believe there are some who got this 4.6.2 release to work.  Mine is a mess.  My account balances are off. If an account has to connect to the FI by Quicken Connect, then no transactions can download--no error is given--just won't download.  I give this 2 weeks to get this mess cleared up.  I'm so disappointed that Quicken would release this on us.
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just updated to 4.6.2.  While I had to clean up a few transactions in a few accounts, this was otherwise a simple update.  From the comments and stories here, however, I was pretty nervous in making the transition.   
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For those with Direct Connect accounts that inexplicably  converted during v.4.6.x update to Quicken Connect accounts, please note the workflow for setting them back to Direct Connect. I was not familiar with it and missed the requirement for the "Options" button in Step 3 for specifying the connection type and kept defaulting to Quicken Connect: 

1. From Account Settings => "Troubleshooting" => "Deactivate Downloads" 
    2. From Account Settings => Click on "Set up transaction download"
    3. Type in name of financial institution and highlight, but BEFORE clicking "Continue" ...
    4. Click "Options" 
    5. Select radio button for "Direct Connect" (if grayed, DC unsupported or some other problem)
    6. Confirm that your account in question is linked to the right account in Quicken

Let me know if this helps anyone. 
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Snoopy FC said:

Just updated to 4.6.2.  While I had to clean up a few transactions in a few accounts, this was otherwise a simple update.  From the comments and stories here, however, I was pretty nervous in making the transition.   

What was the nature of the transaction cleanup?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maria said:

Hi Marcus,

Using Quicken for Mac 2017 version 4.6.2. USAA accounts using Quicken Connect will not update. I tried disconnecting one of the accounts, and of course now I can't reconnect. I get a server communication error...

"Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error Code (null)"

Any ideas?
    Hi Eagle22. I just tried to change connection type to "Direct Connect" as per your suggestion, and it didn't work. I got the same message. Thank you for trying. to help me, though.. it was a good suggestion.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

For those with Direct Connect accounts that inexplicably  converted during v.4.6.x update to Quicken Connect accounts, please note the workflow for setting them back to Direct Connect. I was not familiar with it and missed the requirement for the "Options" button in Step 3 for specifying the connection type and kept defaulting to Quicken Connect: 

1. From Account Settings => "Troubleshooting" => "Deactivate Downloads" 
    2. From Account Settings => Click on "Set up transaction download"
    3. Type in name of financial institution and highlight, but BEFORE clicking "Continue" ...
    4. Click "Options" 
    5. Select radio button for "Direct Connect" (if grayed, DC unsupported or some other problem)
    6. Confirm that your account in question is linked to the right account in Quicken

Let me know if this helps anyone. 

On all of my accounts that I tried, Direct Connect is greyed out so I can't select it.  Note that you can also get to this by changing the connection type, it goes through the same step to select your financial institution and you can click the same options button.

It appears to me that they broke the connection setup for everything, because there's no longer options and none of the connections appear to work or can be reset.  That's a major screw up...
  • Rs6er
    Rs6er Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I updated my QM2017 to 4.6.2 as it requested when I logged on. Now, after closing Quicken, I can't find either of the data files I had before which were in Application Support/Quicken2017/ Documents. I searched my hard drive for the files but can't find them. Where are they?
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Snoopy FC said:

In a few of the accounts, I found transactions that weren't matched to previous cleared transactions.  There were about 8-10 of them.  Some were not matched because of the way that I'd entered them, but I'm not sure why the others didn't match.  In any event, it was minor compared to others struggles on this switch.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rs6er said:

I updated my QM2017 to 4.6.2 as it requested when I logged on. Now, after closing Quicken, I can't find either of the data files I had before which were in Application Support/Quicken2017/ Documents. I searched my hard drive for the files but can't find them. Where are they?

Rs6er:  You appear to have the wrong path to the Quicken data files.  Use the following path.  The tilde refers to your current home directory.

~/Library/Application Support/Quicken 2017/Documents

There should be little or no change to the files in the *.quicken2017 package.  None of mine changed when I upgraded this morning.
  • Rs6er
    Rs6er Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rs6er said:

There are no files in that documents folder.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Technical support by phone isn't knowledgable. Spent over 4 hours on the phone & received bad advice. Fortunately, I was able to fix some of it. Now it's no longer syncing with my mobile. How can I correct this? I followed the instructions in help & it did not resolve the issue. Help, I'm wasting so much time on this.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rs6er said:

Does your file open when you launch Quicken? Assuming yes, then two options:

1) Command-click on the file tape at the top center of the main window. This will drop down a list showing the path to the file. Slide down to the top enclosing folder and release the mouse and the enclosing folder will open in the Finder.

2) In Quicken: menu File > Show "filename" in Finder
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

Release 4.6.2 for Mac... Total disaster.  Installed updates.  Login screen shows my Quicken Mac Beta 2018 id...  Tried to change the Beta ID to my current Intuit ID and I get an oops not a valid id. My Intuit ID was created eons ago and was not my email address. Eventually after three attempts I got a new screen asking me to create a new Quicken ID.  Hopefully this works but I do not know why I keep getting my Beta ID associated with my non Beta login.   This has gone on since I created the new Beta ID for testing Quicken 2018.  I mentioned this in the Beta forum as a bug but it was never corrected.  
  • David A
    David A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

Not to be another "me too" post, but, my Quicken for Mac 2017 updated to 4.6.2 on Friday 9-15 and ever since then, 2 accounts (AppleVisa & Vantage West CU) no longer update through Quicken connect. My 1 other account (BECU) is direct connect and is updating without issue. I was able to re-download/setup the problem accounts and link them to the originals but they still don't update when using the update button, and last update shown was 9-15, pre 4.6.2. I don't use, and it's not activated, Mobile Quicken. I now know I'm not alone as I see a lot of folks are having this same issue after this last quicken update. I'm posting this because I don't want you guys to get tunnel vision and simply think this is only a "big bank" problem. It seems to be tied to any account that updated via Quicken Connect. My question is when will there be a fix for this? Support and communication is abysmal and if one doesn't know to check this forum, they're in the dark and on their own. How about putting out an email blast letting everyone know there is a problem and they're not crazy. Would save countless hours of users fiddling with the files and potentially causing more issues. That would be more useful instead of the endless sales blasts from you guys asking me to upgrade to other Quicken products.

I just re-read my post and I found an assumption that I should amend. I assumed the last update was 9-15 pre 4.6.2, but I've been thinking that if Quicken changed the way it reports updates, as in only when there is an ACTUAL change on the account will it only then show a new last update date, then my accounts may be working. I've HAD to buy something on one of the non used accounts to generate some activity. I shall see if this theory is correct when the charge hits the account whether or not it updates. Stay tuned!
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maria said:

Hi Marcus,

Using Quicken for Mac 2017 version 4.6.2. USAA accounts using Quicken Connect will not update. I tried disconnecting one of the accounts, and of course now I can't reconnect. I get a server communication error...

"Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error Code (null)"

Any ideas?
    As other have suggested try turning mobile off and then changing to direct connect. I assume you know for USSA the login from quicken has different credentials than when you long in with a web browser. 

https://content.usaa.com/mcontent/static_assets/Media/Quicken_MAC_Document_and_Procedures.pdf?cachei...
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

Not to be another "me too" post, but, my Quicken for Mac 2017 updated to 4.6.2 on Friday 9-15 and ever since then, 2 accounts (AppleVisa & Vantage West CU) no longer update through Quicken connect. My 1 other account (BECU) is direct connect and is updating without issue. I was able to re-download/setup the problem accounts and link them to the originals but they still don't update when using the update button, and last update shown was 9-15, pre 4.6.2. I don't use, and it's not activated, Mobile Quicken. I now know I'm not alone as I see a lot of folks are having this same issue after this last quicken update. I'm posting this because I don't want you guys to get tunnel vision and simply think this is only a "big bank" problem. It seems to be tied to any account that updated via Quicken Connect. My question is when will there be a fix for this? Support and communication is abysmal and if one doesn't know to check this forum, they're in the dark and on their own. How about putting out an email blast letting everyone know there is a problem and they're not crazy. Would save countless hours of users fiddling with the files and potentially causing more issues. That would be more useful instead of the endless sales blasts from you guys asking me to upgrade to other Quicken products.

Based on my experience — You are correct.

Q2017 Mac v 4.6.2 reports the Last Update in the Account Status window as the last time a (Quicken Connect) account was CHANGED. This makes it look like Q v4.6.2 did not connect to the FI for the (Quicken Connect) accounts that have no recent activity. This interpretation is made worse since accounts using Direct Connect still show the Last Update as the last time Q connected to the Fi regardless of new activity.

And worse yet, the Account Status window pops up as soon as the Direct Connect accounts have been checked, Meanwhile Q2017 is checking the Quicken Connect accounts in the background (blue spinning update icon).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Since updating to the most current release, every time I try to use one-step update, none of my accounts get updated and Quicken crashes.  Happens every time, including after today's update (9/19).
  • Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

Thank you for explaining this! It helps a lot!
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Since updating to the most current release, every time I try to use one-step update, none of my accounts get updated and Quicken crashes.  Happens every time, including after today's update (9/19).

Started happening to me yesterday. Pretty close to giving up on Quicken Mac 2017
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

I'm already planning my switch back to Banktivity.... 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

I have faith that they're working frantically to fix it.  I only have 2 accounts that I look at daily, and so far, downloading from those institutions directly still works...  
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Anyone know how to go back to 4.5.8 (trash was emptied since the update)? Now, when the new version crashes and I have to force quit, all my banking accounts are removed from the data file when I next run the program.

I want to be able to export the data for when I switch to Banktivity. Thanks
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

Technical support by phone isn't knowledgable. Spent over 4 hours on the phone & received bad advice. Fortunately, I was able to fix some of it. Now it's no longer syncing with my mobile. How can I correct this? I followed the instructions in help & it did not resolve the issue. Help, I'm wasting so much time on this.

See if this helps:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/4-6-2-update-is-now-deleting-accounts-when-updat...
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

First, take a look at this thread and see if it solves the disappearing account issue:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/4-6-2-update-is-now-deleting-accounts-when-updat...

As far as reverting to 4.5.8, do you run Time Machine? You should be able to find a copy of it in your Time Machine backup. Otherwise I think your only options are to find a friend that still has it, or contact Quicken Support and see if they can provide you with a link. However, good luck with Quicken Support as the wait times seem to be interminable right now.

Also, BTW, if you do find a copy of 4.5.8, you will need to revert to a version of your data file from before the update since the updated data file will not open in 4.5.8.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Is 4.6.2 now fully released? I was offered it yesterday and again this morning, so I'm guessing that 4.6.2 is now fully released into the wild (staged release phase over)?

Personally, I'm going to hold off for a while longer. Normally I update on a backup machine and try it out there first while continuing to run the earlier version on my primary machine.  But since this update kills the Intuit ID, I don't consider that a safe option.
This discussion has been closed.