Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Since updating to the most current release, every time I try to use one-step update, none of my accounts get updated and Quicken crashes.  Happens every time, including after today's update (9/19).

I found a workaround (thanks to a comment on a different thread/topic)...  This problem is being caused by the mobile update...  Go to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile & Alerts and turn that OFF.  Then accounts will update successfully with one step update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Since updating to the most current release, every time I try to use one-step update, none of my accounts get updated and Quicken crashes.  Happens every time, including after today's update (9/19).

Regarding 4.5.8, if you need to recapture your data, fine.  As far as using it, I still have it (have not been updated) and it no longer accepts my Intuit ID even tho' the Intuit ID is the only option with the version.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

M C and others... It seems as though the reset has not been removed, but instead moved to a slightly different place in preferences according to this post from Quicken Jeff:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/4-6-2-update-is-now-deleting-accounts-when-updat...

So my suggestion above would be valid with the amendment to click the blue Reset link in the Connected Services tab.

(again, I'm not updated to 4.6.2 yet, so I can't verify this directly)
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

MT--tried to turn off mobile but it is requiring a password sign in that also is not being accepted--spilled coffee!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maria said:

Hi Marcus,

Using Quicken for Mac 2017 version 4.6.2. USAA accounts using Quicken Connect will not update. I tried disconnecting one of the accounts, and of course now I can't reconnect. I get a server communication error...

"Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error Code (null)"

Any ideas?
    I do know that. Thank you. I was frustrated with it all last night, so set it aside. Came back to it this morning... and all of a sudden it worked just fine! Go figure! Anyway, thank you again for your suggestions!
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

suebernard.... did you already start the update process to 4.6.2 and create a Quicken ID? If so, that would explain why your Intuit ID is dead. I believe the update process kills the Intuit ID (as far as use with Quicken). That's why I'm not even trying to test 4.6.2 on my backup machine yet.

I just checked and was able to successfully update all my FIs and quotes on 4.5.8. However, they are all Direct Connect and I have Mobile turned off, so it may not even be trying to check my Intuit ID.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Yes, I did update to a Quicken ID on beta 6.2.  If you are correct, I certainly wish I hadn't done that. My direct connects are working in 4.5.8.  It is my QC's that are not. Haven't been offered the update as of yesterday.  Haven't checked this morning.  Like you, I would prefer to delay update, but have no choice, since 4.5.8 is not functional.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Check for the update again today. It appears that it's been fully released (see below).
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Is 4.6.2 now fully released? I was offered it yesterday and again this morning, so I'm guessing that 4.6.2 is now fully released into the wild (staged release phase over)?

Personally, I'm going to hold off for a while longer. Normally I update on a backup machine and try it out there first while continuing to run the earlier version on my primary machine.  But since this update kills the Intuit ID, I don't consider that a safe option.

Same here... I plan to wait until the last hour of the last day (9/30) before I update. Meanwhile, I have Banktivity 6.x waiting in the wings, and will make a export copy (.qmtf) of my Quicken file just prior to updating. If all goes well, then fine; but if not (and I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to get it to work), I'm going back to my tried and true Banktivity.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Marcus,
    Quicken Mobile sync is still not working properly.  After updating to 4.6.2 when prompted and setting up the new Quicken Cloud ID my accounts are not syncing properly between my desktop and mobile app. Each account on mobile is off by varying amounts although showing recent entries correctly.  I do not use Direct downloads from my various bank accounts so can't speak to that. I've tried deleting the Mobile app and reinstalling, resetting the Cloud data and still not syncing correctly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

iMac successfully up-dated to 4.6.2 and appears to be downloading and working correctly. MBP still has 4.5.8, no update offered and not working.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Is 4.6.2 now fully released? I was offered it yesterday and again this morning, so I'm guessing that 4.6.2 is now fully released into the wild (staged release phase over)?

Personally, I'm going to hold off for a while longer. Normally I update on a backup machine and try it out there first while continuing to run the earlier version on my primary machine.  But since this update kills the Intuit ID, I don't consider that a safe option.

I was offered 4.6.2 yesterday. I too will wait. From all the problems it seems there should be a 4.6.3, at least, before the end of the month deadline. Amazing how many people have shown up on this tread who I have not seen on the forums before. I suspect users who have been sticking with the features of QM 2017 that have been working have not had a reason to check the forum for problems/solutions, leaving them to act as unsuspecting guinea pigs once this "Urgent" update was released. From past experience with QM and an understanding of why this update is "Urgent" I never would have taken the first offer of an upgrade.

What upsets me is the development team has had the excuse for a year that they couldn't devote a lot of resources (programers) to bug fixes and improvements while they were working to make sure this switch from Intuit would work smoothly. These problems don't give me much confidence.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Re 4.5.8: that's because your Intuit ID migrated to a Quicken ID and is no longer usable for Quicken 4.5.x and earlier.
  • Gasport
    Gasport Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

After a horendous update process, all seems to be working for me now.  I do not use auto update as my main bank does not support it so I just download a qfx file and import.  Imported several accounts this moring and it worked fine.  I updated the Quicken app for my iPhone and the syncing is working perfectly.  If the rumored pricing model for Quicken changes to a subscription based model, http://bit.ly/2yc3TaE I too may take a go with Banktivity 6.  I am currently using it in parallel with Quicken 2017.  The only drawback for me is the export from Quicken does not included the Investment data.  That and a few other quirks ( no provision for setting a scheduled transaction based on the day of the week ) give me pause, but we will see what happens come this fall when they release Quicken 2018.
  • Rs6er
    Rs6er Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rs6er said:

I updated my QM2017 to 4.6.2 as it requested when I logged on. Now, after closing Quicken, I can't find either of the data files I had before which were in Application Support/Quicken2017/ Documents. I searched my hard drive for the files but can't find them. Where are they?

Yesterday, I opened one of the data files. Then I closed it and updated the second file. That's when I did the 4.6.2 update and changed the Quicken account info. I then tried to go back to the first file and couldn't find it. I did a finder search for the first file and it didn't show up. When I did a finder search for the second file, it showed up on an external drive. I believe this was an older version of that file. Previously, both files had been in the correct location in the user library.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

Yes, Iguts2.  I had the same experience trying to use 4.5.8 after migrating my ID on a version of 6.2.  Once I was offered to 6.2 update for my 5.8, the Quicken ID I had already set up worked fine, and my updated 4.5.8 is now a working 6.2 file.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MT said:

sue--just got my offer to up-grade my MBP---same result as you, it worked and downloaded just fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For a possible solution to this problem, see a reply by Quicken Jeff here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/4-6-2-update-is-now-deleting-accounts-when-updat...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Phil Pifer
    Phil Pifer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I updated today to v 4.6.2.  The installation and creation of the new Quicken ID seemed to go fine.  The only issue I'm having is that ALL of my Wells Fargo bank accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, brokerage, mortgage, etc) will not download.  They are Direct Connect, and worked fine yesterday using v 5.8.  Other institutions' Direct Connect seems to be okay.  I am NOT a Quicken mobile user.   The consistent error is:  
          Download Error (-28) java.net.ssi.SSLHandshakeException.530]
           handshake_failure [ccwebbrowser.530]
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm seeing two issues with 4.6.2..
    First, with Wells Fargo, all of a sudden, check numbers no longer flow into my checking acount data. The amount and date is accurate, but instead of a check number, it simply says "check".

Second, I downloaded and attempted to import a QFX file from my credit card account (Barclaycard) which has worked fine historically.  All of a sudden, it tells me it's loading X number of transactions, but then they never load.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
  • Phil Pifer
    Phil Pifer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I updated today to v 4.6.2.  The installation and creation of the new Quicken ID seemed to go fine.  The only issue I'm having is that ALL of my Wells Fargo bank accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, brokerage, mortgage, etc) will not download.  They are Direct Connect, and worked fine yesterday using v 5.8.  Other institutions' Direct Connect seems to be okay.  I am NOT a Quicken mobile user.   The consistent error is:  
          Download Error (-28) java.net.ssi.SSLHandshakeException.530]
           handshake_failure [ccwebbrowser.530]

Here's the solution...there are certain financial institutions where, if you have Direct Connect accounts, when you upgrade to 4.6, these will no longer work.  Errors 28, 29, and 30 are common.  It has to do with unique security protocols of these institutions.  To fix it, you should "Deactivate" the online connection for every affected account (under the account's settings Troubleshoot tab), and then reconnect them being sure to click Direct Connect under Options.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

RickO:  I'm not sure if it is the eyes or the memory that's going.

I've used the reset link below the Cloud Account Nickname under Connected Services in the past to clear out incomplete, duplicate transactions from the Quicken Cloud server(s).
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

Went thru the update to 4.6.2 last evening, attempted to update all my accounts using direct connect, several did not update any changes, in particular observed an issue with share qty's being off in one of my investment accounts. Went thru the deactivate/reactivate , solved one investment issue where the account would not update a new stock buy. Could not figure out how to get the share quantities right in the one investment account, . Restored prevoius backed up file which corrected the share quantity, then did an update to that particular account & observed the share qty was no longer correct. After spending  several hrs on the phone with the Quicken folks I decided at least for now to reinstate 4.5.8 and get back to good data. 

Not sure where I go from here as September 30 is quickly approaching
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    a few days ago I opened Quicken, I got the notice that I needed to upgrade and create a Quicken ID, blah blah blah. I did not have the time then to do all that, so I ignored it. Today I opened the program, expecting to get the prompt again, but... nothing. I clicked "check for updates" in the menu, and it says I'm up to date and 4.5.8 is the newest version available. So...... how do I update everything and get a new Quicken ID? I've tried calling support but was on hold forever and never got through to anyone. I tried chat as well, an hour wait and still not connected to anyone. Very frustrated at this point.
  • Rs6er
    Rs6er Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rs6er said:

I updated my QM2017 to 4.6.2 as it requested when I logged on. Now, after closing Quicken, I can't find either of the data files I had before which were in Application Support/Quicken2017/ Documents. I searched my hard drive for the files but can't find them. Where are they?

Thank you for all the previous responses.
    I figured out what happened.

When I updated QM2017 to 4.6.2, a window belonging to Appcleaner, a 3rd party application that gets rid of logs., preferences, etc. when deleting apps,  caused me to put the data files in the trash along with a folder called <com.quicken.Quicken.2017>, which contained: 
    Cache.db
    Cache.db.shm
    Cache.db.wal

and folders:
    fsCachedData
    net.hockeyapp.sdk.mac
    net.mixpixel.sdk.mac
    Sparkle

Fortunately the Quicken 2017 version 4.5.8 was still there too.

I put the data files back where they belong, and replaced the 4.6.2 build with the 4.5.8 version.

Do I need to worry about all the above files and folders before opening Quicken again?

One final thing: Why could't the finder locate the Quicken data files in the trash?
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What most troubles me about the 4.6.x update is that this community thread, launched by employee Quicken Marcus two weeks ago, ostensibly to hold the hands of customers and gather and help resolve issue reports during this update and migration, has gone dark. Marcus last posted Friday (9/15). Perhaps he's on vacation or ill. Perhaps some other benign reason explains the radio silence. 

However this turns out, I'd be reassured to have some Quicken employee, ideally an executive, post some acknowledgement and explain what, if anything, is being done to address the concerns raised since v. 4.6.x began to roll out. 

As it is now, many well-meaning members of the Quicken user community are doing their best to be helpful, but let's face it: we're the blind leading the blind, at this point. 

Is anyone home at Quicken? 
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

a few days ago I opened Quicken, I got the notice that I needed to upgrade and create a Quicken ID, blah blah blah. I did not have the time then to do all that, so I ignored it. Today I opened the program, expecting to get the prompt again, but... nothing. I clicked "check for updates" in the menu, and it says I'm up to date and 4.5.8 is the newest version available. So...... how do I update everything and get a new Quicken ID? I've tried calling support but was on hold forever and never got through to anyone. I tried chat as well, an hour wait and still not connected to anyone. Very frustrated at this point.

The update is being released in stages. A limited number of updates is made available. Once they're used up, you have to wait for a new batch to be released (or for full release). Be patient, it will show up soon.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

The lightbulb finally went on for me, downloaded 4.6.2 again, got the same situation with incorrect stock quantity on a particular stock. When I did the download I noticed that QM advises that entries made manually will not be updated. Hence the incorrect quantity. My issue is not under control but at least I understand why its not working
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Can you explain further. Why would manual entries need to be updated? Why would they need to change?
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

What most troubles me about the 4.6.x update is that this community thread, launched by employee Quicken Marcus two weeks ago, ostensibly to hold the hands of customers and gather and help resolve issue reports during this update and migration, has gone dark. Marcus last posted Friday (9/15). Perhaps he's on vacation or ill. Perhaps some other benign reason explains the radio silence. 

However this turns out, I'd be reassured to have some Quicken employee, ideally an executive, post some acknowledgement and explain what, if anything, is being done to address the concerns raised since v. 4.6.x began to roll out. 

As it is now, many well-meaning members of the Quicken user community are doing their best to be helpful, but let's face it: we're the blind leading the blind, at this point. 

Is anyone home at Quicken? 

I agree.

Over the last 4 days this thread has documented a slow-motion, public relations, train wreck for Quicken, who appear to have abandoned some of their most resourceful users looking for answers/solutions to v4.6.2 update questions/problems. Maybe Quicken didn’t have the resources to monitor this thread over the weekend. But leaving users still hanging with no online support in this thread on Monday and Tuesday is unconscionable.

FWIW I’ve been a Quicken user for almost 2 decades. And as far as I can tell everything is working OK for me after upgrading to v4.6.2. But my heart goes out to those who weren’t so lucky.

We should all be thankful for the loyal users who have been trying to help others find solutions to their upgrade problems.
This discussion has been closed.