Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• David A
    David A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

Not to be another "me too" post, but, my Quicken for Mac 2017 updated to 4.6.2 on Friday 9-15 and ever since then, 2 accounts (AppleVisa & Vantage West CU) no longer update through Quicken connect. My 1 other account (BECU) is direct connect and is updating without issue. I was able to re-download/setup the problem accounts and link them to the originals but they still don't update when using the update button, and last update shown was 9-15, pre 4.6.2. I don't use, and it's not activated, Mobile Quicken. I now know I'm not alone as I see a lot of folks are having this same issue after this last quicken update. I'm posting this because I don't want you guys to get tunnel vision and simply think this is only a "big bank" problem. It seems to be tied to any account that updated via Quicken Connect. My question is when will there be a fix for this? Support and communication is abysmal and if one doesn't know to check this forum, they're in the dark and on their own. How about putting out an email blast letting everyone know there is a problem and they're not crazy. Would save countless hours of users fiddling with the files and potentially causing more issues. That would be more useful instead of the endless sales blasts from you guys asking me to upgrade to other Quicken products.

I hope you're right GRB. This is the worst roll out ever with no communication or detailed explanation of changes to the users. I would have been fired had I rolled something out like this. Still waiting for the charge to post.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Upgraded last week. Absolutely seamless transition. Eagerly awaiting updates to the iOS versions, so that budgets will again be available. Thanks to the Quicken team for solving countless problems.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have tried several times to reset my accounts, but none of them will change from Quicken connect, and the Direct connect is always grayed out.  But, there may be an answer, at least for me...one of the solutions mentioned here was to turn on the mobile sync (under Mobile & Alerts in the Preferences), and when I do that it seems like the sync process starts working again.  The accounts that are Direct connect then show an update time for whenever I sync, but other things only seem to show when they were updated with new data (instead of showing the last time I tried to updated them).  The latter behavior may be the plan, but that should be clearly explained so people know the update time means something different.  I'm not positive this is right, as I don't have that much traffic through all my accounts and can't tell if they are all connecting, but at least some are finding new data so turing on mobile sync may have fixed things.

Note to the Quicken team:  I do not use the mobile app, and I have no interest in doing so.  Turning on mobile sync is not what I want...in fact I don't really want a network account at all, except for the direct connection to my bank to download information.  It appears you're doing something that now requires the mobile sync to be on for syncing to function correctly; that should not be a requirement for the program to work for those of us that want to keep our information as contained as possible.
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

Not to be another "me too" post, but, my Quicken for Mac 2017 updated to 4.6.2 on Friday 9-15 and ever since then, 2 accounts (AppleVisa & Vantage West CU) no longer update through Quicken connect. My 1 other account (BECU) is direct connect and is updating without issue. I was able to re-download/setup the problem accounts and link them to the originals but they still don't update when using the update button, and last update shown was 9-15, pre 4.6.2. I don't use, and it's not activated, Mobile Quicken. I now know I'm not alone as I see a lot of folks are having this same issue after this last quicken update. I'm posting this because I don't want you guys to get tunnel vision and simply think this is only a "big bank" problem. It seems to be tied to any account that updated via Quicken Connect. My question is when will there be a fix for this? Support and communication is abysmal and if one doesn't know to check this forum, they're in the dark and on their own. How about putting out an email blast letting everyone know there is a problem and they're not crazy. Would save countless hours of users fiddling with the files and potentially causing more issues. That would be more useful instead of the endless sales blasts from you guys asking me to upgrade to other Quicken products.

I hope so too:)

FWIW Four of my 14 Quicken Connect accounts have updated correctly since the v4.6.2 upgrade: Bank America (Checking & CC), Chase (CC) and Citi(CC). 2 of those have updated correctly twice: BoA (CC) and Citi (CC). The other 10 accounts have had no activity to update.

Yesterday I charged something on 4 different CC accounts at 3 FIs and paid several bills via Bank America. This AM the FI websites show all of this activity as pending/processing. So Q v4.6.2 correctly did not download the activity yet. I’ll report back tomorrow.
  • slhcrnp
    slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

I had some duplicate entries in my Wells Fargo accounts as well as Citi Card (Costco).  Otherwise those accounts seem to sync OK now.  I am having a problem syncing to Vanguard though.  There is an error when I try to update.  I'll try again later. 
  • Harlan300
    Harlan300 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    J said:

Since upgrading to 4.6.2 can't download any transactions whether using direct connect or quicken connect. No one is answering the technical support phone line either. Please fix this. 

After problematic update  Version 4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100)                                 Can Can no longer run updates for Redstone Federal Cr Union or Wells Fargo Get this Abort message:

Process:               Quicken 2017 [1186]
    Path:                  /Applications/Quicken 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Quicken 2017
    Identifier:            com.quicken.Quicken.2017
    Version:               4.6.2 (46.19020.100)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           Quicken 2017 [1186]
    User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2017-09-20 07:03:20.770 -0500
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        0CA70C9C-8222-9E17-C2C1-0BE20738236A

Sleep/Wake UUID:       DB808E90-37E3-441A-89DF-70ACBB7D3549

Time Awake Since Boot: 16000 seconds
    Time Since Wake:       1500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

What most troubles me about the 4.6.x update is that this community thread, launched by employee Quicken Marcus two weeks ago, ostensibly to hold the hands of customers and gather and help resolve issue reports during this update and migration, has gone dark. Marcus last posted Friday (9/15). Perhaps he's on vacation or ill. Perhaps some other benign reason explains the radio silence. 

However this turns out, I'd be reassured to have some Quicken employee, ideally an executive, post some acknowledgement and explain what, if anything, is being done to address the concerns raised since v. 4.6.x began to roll out. 

As it is now, many well-meaning members of the Quicken user community are doing their best to be helpful, but let's face it: we're the blind leading the blind, at this point. 

Is anyone home at Quicken? 

Also, for me everything is working fine for the 4.6.2 upgrade, but I agree I think there could have been much more feedback from quicken team on this roll out, however I suspect they have all been scrambling to identify and resolve all the issues that have occurred for many users....
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Upgraded last week. Absolutely seamless transition. Eagerly awaiting updates to the iOS versions, so that budgets will again be available. Thanks to the Quicken team for solving countless problems.

iOS has been updated.  Works great..
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Updated my iMac to 4.6.2 and as mentioned above after several fits and starts works fine.  My only problem and I'll have to search for an answer here is that I have a second copy on my MacBook Air.  Prior to the upgrade, they were in sync since I keep my file in Dropbox.  After the upgrade, when I triedto open the file on my Air, I get an error saying the file was created under Quicken 2015 and could not be opened.  Quicken 4.5.8 then crashes and the report crash window appears.  I suspect that there are differences in the file formats that prevent me from opening a 4.6.2 file in 4.5.8.  I too wish they had been more detailed in their explanation of the upgrade process.  I can only hope that the upgrade on the Air shows up soon and that resolves the problem for me. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

Updated my iMac to 4.6.2 and as mentioned above after several fits and starts works fine.  My only problem and I'll have to search for an answer here is that I have a second copy on my MacBook Air.  Prior to the upgrade, they were in sync since I keep my file in Dropbox.  After the upgrade, when I triedto open the file on my Air, I get an error saying the file was created under Quicken 2015 and could not be opened.  Quicken 4.5.8 then crashes and the report crash window appears.  I suspect that there are differences in the file formats that prevent me from opening a 4.6.2 file in 4.5.8.  I too wish they had been more detailed in their explanation of the upgrade process.  I can only hope that the upgrade on the Air shows up soon and that resolves the problem for me. 

Since 4.6.2 is not fully released, your 4.5.8 version will not update until it does get fully released. You will need to copy the 4.6.2 version from your iMac to your MBA. To do so, find the Quicken.app in the top level applications folder on the iMac, right click it and choose Compress "Quicken.app". Move the resulting .zip file over to the MBA using dropbox. Put it in the MBA's top level Applications folder and double click it to unzip.

But warning... it is highly recommended that you NOT share data file over Dropbox as this is not supported and has resulted in unexpected file corruption. You do this at some risk. A safer alternative is to remote in to the iMac using one of many available remote access methods:

Mac Remote Desktop Software
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

a few days ago I opened Quicken, I got the notice that I needed to upgrade and create a Quicken ID, blah blah blah. I did not have the time then to do all that, so I ignored it. Today I opened the program, expecting to get the prompt again, but... nothing. I clicked "check for updates" in the menu, and it says I'm up to date and 4.5.8 is the newest version available. So...... how do I update everything and get a new Quicken ID? I've tried calling support but was on hold forever and never got through to anyone. I tried chat as well, an hour wait and still not connected to anyone. Very frustrated at this point.

Or you can download the mondo patch.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
  • Gasport
    Gasport Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

Thanks RickO...

I was going to try that and sounds like a good alternative to waiting.  I was not aware of the potential of corrupting a file using Dropbox.  I have been using Dropbox for years and have never noticed any corruption problems.  Does not mean it has not happened. I assume the same applies to iCloud or any of the other cloud storage applications out there.  

If I understand what your saying, I should get one of the RDM recommended in the article.  Once setup, I would open Quicken 2017 in the Air and remote into my IMac and open the xxx.quicken.2017 making sure Quicken 2017 on the iMac is not open.
  • Gasport
    Gasport Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I'm seeing two issues with 4.6.2..
    First, with Wells Fargo, all of a sudden, check numbers no longer flow into my checking acount data. The amount and date is accurate, but instead of a check number, it simply says "check".

Second, I downloaded and attempted to import a QFX file from my credit card account (Barclaycard) which has worked fine historically.  All of a sudden, it tells me it's loading X number of transactions, but then they never load.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I too get the message, but Quicken will only update to the newest and not previously imported transactions.   If I previously download a qfx file and it has 15 transactions, they will import.  If I go back a few days later and download the latest qfx file it will contain the 15 transactions plus any additional transactions.  Only the additional will import.  Not sure that this is what your experiencing but thought I would comment on it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

a few days ago I opened Quicken, I got the notice that I needed to upgrade and create a Quicken ID, blah blah blah. I did not have the time then to do all that, so I ignored it. Today I opened the program, expecting to get the prompt again, but... nothing. I clicked "check for updates" in the menu, and it says I'm up to date and 4.5.8 is the newest version available. So...... how do I update everything and get a new Quicken ID? I've tried calling support but was on hold forever and never got through to anyone. I tried chat as well, an hour wait and still not connected to anyone. Very frustrated at this point.

I have exactly the same problem. Got the notice few days ago. I was too busy to go with the upgrade at the time, so I pressed “Remind me Later”. OK it's been 3 days now - and nothing. No reminder and the "Check for updates" tells me I have the latest version - 4.5.8. 

Now, you’re telling us that you have a quota for upgrade downloads! What? Why?

Quicken get your act together! 

And, please do not threaten me with 4.5.8 version not working as of Sep 31st – especially if the upgrade problems are of your own doing. If you go ahead and bar me from using  - in full (with saves and other features) - my paid for software, I make sure the Better Business Bureau hears about it.

It saddens me to see this once stellar software go to dumps. Have been using Quicken since its inception in 1980-ties. The last really usable Quicken for Windows was in 2011 and for mac in 2007. Ever since it's nothing but a downhill spiral – with mac version dangerously close to oblivion.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Updated to 4.6.2 2 days ago. I had been asked about updating on Friday, but wasn't ready, and then it didn't come up. Said I was up to date. So the next time it popped up I was ready. All went well. 

I have 5 types of accounts at my Credit Union. Checking, Savings, Money Market, Loan, and Visa. Wife the same thing (5) with different account #. I also have one Savings account with a different #.

In the past 2 years I have been unable to use Direct Download with my Desktop app and use the Mobile app. When turning on Direct connect I would get the wrong balance or "0" balance or the RED ERROR MSG. Since so much was new. Mobile app, and Desktop app these last two days, I decided to change the download method on the one SAVINGS account. Now it doesn't get used much, but already the change from Quicken Connect to Direct connect has not caused the error in red to occur on the Mobile app. There has been no movement (deposit or withdrawal) from this savings account, so I can't see if it is going to keep an accurate balance on the mobile app, but looks different /good so far. I this one account # works through the end of the month I may consider converting the other 2 groups of 5 accounts (Wife and Me) to direct connect.

It was always so nice to see things update instantaneously with Direct Connect.

Also notice on the mobile app, that sometimes it says it is updating 6 of 6 or 7 of 7 or 18 of 18. Wonder if it only updates what has a change in it during its Quicken Connection to my Financial Credit Union.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

ella, I believe you are misunderstanding the situation. I don't think there is any question that all users will be able to update by Sept. 31st-- hopefully with a new, better, 4.6.3 or later version. With all the problems that people are reporting I don't believe you need to be so anxious to "upgrade" to a version with no new features. IMHO the point should be for a version that switches the user seamlessly from Intuit's server to Quicken's new server. That is all this version is supposed to do. I agree with most of your other comments.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

RCinNJ, thanks for reassurance. I might have misunderstood the upgrade process but I’m sure I did not misunderstand the threats from Quicken.

As far as I’m concerned,  personally, I do not need or want to upgrade to 4.6.x. I do not care for the cloud+mobile features. I feel this upgrade is being forced on us regardless. I wish Quicken would concentrate on making the mac version as it was in 2007. Instead they spread themselves thin trying to join the cloud & mobile crowd, and in my personal opinion aiming at becoming a subscription Pay-for-Use software very soon.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

People have reported corruption problems after storing the file in a file share location sometimes after months or even years of not having a problem. This is because the Quicken data file is actually a special kind of Mac folder (called a package) containing many individual files. File sharing sometimes messes up the permissions on the contained files, and then Quicken can't access what it needs to inside the package. And yes, this would apply to Dropbox, iCloud Drive or other file sharing service.

Once you set up the RD software, you would log into your iMac remotely from the Air.
    At that point, you would be acting like you were sitting in from of the iMac. You would run Quicken on the iMac, not the Air. Both the Quicken app and the data file running would be those on the iMac. Hence Quicken doesn't even "know" that you are working remotely. The RD software duplicates the iMac screen on your Air and you can do anything with it that you could do sitting in front of the iMac. Anyone actually sitting in front of the iMac would be able to see what you are doing.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sheila said:

It is not fair to call the mandatory update a "threat from Quicken". Quicken was divested from Intuit. Intuit agreed to provide ID and back end services for a limited period of time, through September. Those were business decisions. Quicken now needs to do its own ID and back end support, hence the need to update to software to accommodate.

That said, if you don't use online services, no need to worry. You can keep on using 4.5.8.

And, BTW, if anybody does manage to update on September 31st, it will be a miracle, because the 30th is the last day of September.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

I have tried several times to reset my accounts, but none of them will change from Quicken connect, and the Direct connect is always grayed out.  But, there may be an answer, at least for me...one of the solutions mentioned here was to turn on the mobile sync (under Mobile & Alerts in the Preferences), and when I do that it seems like the sync process starts working again.  The accounts that are Direct connect then show an update time for whenever I sync, but other things only seem to show when they were updated with new data (instead of showing the last time I tried to updated them).  The latter behavior may be the plan, but that should be clearly explained so people know the update time means something different.  I'm not positive this is right, as I don't have that much traffic through all my accounts and can't tell if they are all connecting, but at least some are finding new data so turing on mobile sync may have fixed things.

Note to the Quicken team:  I do not use the mobile app, and I have no interest in doing so.  Turning on mobile sync is not what I want...in fact I don't really want a network account at all, except for the direct connection to my bank to download information.  It appears you're doing something that now requires the mobile sync to be on for syncing to function correctly; that should not be a requirement for the program to work for those of us that want to keep our information as contained as possible.

With Sync enabled, click on the Accounts button.  There is a check box to the left of each account listed.  If there is a check mark in the box, the account is being synchronized with the Quicken Cloud.

Click on the None button at the bottom of the panel.  This removes the check marks from all accounts except those that are Quicken Connect accounts.  Click the Update button at the bottom of the panel and wait for the update to complete (the spinning wheel thingy disappears). 

Click the Mobile button and then turn Sync off. 
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

If you set up a separate account on the iMac you can use a remote desktop client like VNC to display that account’s desktop on your Air while you run Quicken on the iMac. This lets someone else continue to use the iMac at the same time. I use VNC like this everyday while my wife uses her account on her iMac’s screen. The only issue is the different screen sizes. But you can arrange the Dock, window sizes,  etc  in the separate account so that they only use the upper left hand part of the iMac’s screen.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

@RickO..for you absolutely:). The issue came to pass in QM16 when Aloca (AA) decided to spin off part of its operations..New company spun off is Arconic (ARNC). folks here might recall there was quite a bit of discussion how to handle in QM. It became clear that QM while it will handle Stock splits was/is woefully unable to handle spin offs from companies.. So I /along with my Fi Guy figured it out & I was able to make the "manual entries" to make things right.

To clarify 4.6.2 would not recognize manual entries on the initial download

There were no issues when transitioning to QM17. The issue developed when the updates began from the Quicken cloud in 4.6.2. After giving 4.6.2 another go I noticed (should have  seen it earlier..it was right in front of me) that manual entries would not be updated in 4.6.2. The pop up did not say "initial download". So suddenly i recalled the manual entries on the Alcoa stock..Went thru some basic arithmetic figured out the shares, cost basis, price /shr of what was missing, did a "manual" entry, then did an update of that account ..no issues, updated again this AM..All is good in the land of Concordman. That is my story & I am sticking to it:)
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

@GetRealBro I'm interested in your set-up. I have a few questions:
    1. So your wife is using the same iMac on which Quicken and the data file resides and you are logging into a separate user on the same iMac using VNC? 
    2. If so, what type of user is set up for each account, for example is yours the admin account and your wife's just a user? 
    3. And where do Quicken and the data file reside, in your account only, a shared location, etc? 
    4. You also mention that you have to size and arrange windows to only use a certain portion of the iMac's screen. Can you clarify what issues you are running into?
    5. Would the same set-up work with a screen-sharing util like TeamViewer or does this set-up only work with a VPN software?
    TIA

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

I use Back To My Mac the same way (it's also a VNC client, albeit specialized). I can log into and work on my home iMac account remotely while my wife is working in her account on the iMac screen. However, I don't access Quicken in my iMac account; it is only accessed from hers.

If one wanted to use this approach, I'd suggest setting up a separate login on the iMac just for using Quicken, with the Quicken data file stored in that user space. That way, the local person could use their iMac account and the remote person could use the Quicken account, without fear of permissions problems. If by chance the remote and local person both logged into the Quicken account, they would see each other moving the mouse, etc and realize they were both on at the same time.

About screen size... with most VNC clients, you have a choice of showing the whole remote screen with black bars on top/bottom or sides if screen dimensions don't match. Or you can display the remote screen "full size" with local scrolling to be able to see the whole thing.
  • GetRealBro
    GetRealBro Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gasport said:

1. I don’t actually use Quicken on her iMac. But the remote desktop app (VNC) that I use to run other applications on her iMac would work just as well with Quicken. In other words, if you can run Quicken while logged in as a 2nd user sitting at the iMac, you can run it remotely from your Air. And leave the main screen available for another user.

With VNC you really are running the application on a 2nd screen of the iMac while logged into to a 2nd user account than the main screen. Depending on your home network speed, there may be minor delays as windows refresh. But this only really matters if you are trying to open very large images or watch videos etc.

2. Her iMac is setup with two admin accounts: hers and mine. To make it easy I used the same UserName and Password on my MacBook Pro and her iMac.

3. Almost all of our data files are on an external hard drive with permissions for full access (read/write) for both of us. That is where I’d put the Quicken file.

4. My MacBook Pro’s screen is smaller than her iMac’s screen. So in my account on her iMac I place the Dock on the left side of the screen. And I size any Finder, Application, etc. windows so they open in the upper left of the iMac screen. This isn’t strictly necessary, but it makes it so I don’t have to scroll the desktop as much.

5. I never used anything but VNC because it has been very reliable and it is free.

My set up:
    I installed VNC Viewer — https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/ — on my MacBook Pro

Then I turned on System Preferences/Sharing - Screen Sharing on her iMac giving access only to Administrators
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    David A said:

I'm having this problem too.  My credit union is Veridian.  I have 4 accounts (2 on one userid/password and two on another userid/password).  All were working before the 4.6.2 update.  Now the two accounts on the one userid still work and the other two will not connect.  I get error 3488 when I try to resolve.  I deleted the connection and tried to re-connect it.  Now I get error 3488 when I pick the institution from the bank list.  It will not even let me try to connect it.  The one the two accounts that are working are using Quicken Connect.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

What most troubles me about the 4.6.x update is that this community thread, launched by employee Quicken Marcus two weeks ago, ostensibly to hold the hands of customers and gather and help resolve issue reports during this update and migration, has gone dark. Marcus last posted Friday (9/15). Perhaps he's on vacation or ill. Perhaps some other benign reason explains the radio silence. 

However this turns out, I'd be reassured to have some Quicken employee, ideally an executive, post some acknowledgement and explain what, if anything, is being done to address the concerns raised since v. 4.6.x began to roll out. 

As it is now, many well-meaning members of the Quicken user community are doing their best to be helpful, but let's face it: we're the blind leading the blind, at this point. 

"Marcus last posted Friday (9/15). Perhaps he's on vacation or ill. Perhaps some other ... explains the radio silence."  Perhaps he was fired for incompetence.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    R Strax said:

Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!

You appear one of the [few]lucky ones.  I can't imagine why anybody with half a brain, after reading all of this stuff, would upgrade prior to 9/30.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

I don't want to bash Marcus without actual information. I absolutely agree that this has been handled terribly, but I'm not sure where to place the blame. Marcus has been one of the few employees willing to face criticism and user outrage and has kept a level temperament. On the other hand, I share the frustration that there has been complete silence from Quicken since last Friday! I hope they are working frantically to fix the problems revealed by 4.6.2 and will release another update soon.

I do believe the next update should be announced and explained in a new thread. As these threads get longer and longer it gets harder and harder to interpret users problems and suggested fixes, and also to separate program bugs from individual user problems which can be due to issues that are not Quicken's fault.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

There are absolutely NO excuses for this mess.  Someone at Quicken IS responsible for this and needs to be held accountable and bear the full consequences; last I checked, Quicken is not a government agency.  

Success needs no explanation; failure has none.
This discussion has been closed.