Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.6.0, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3 & 4.6.4 Released

Options

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Version 4.6.2 (build 46.19020.100) was pushed to my laptop last night. But when I tried to upgrade my desktop this morning (which has version 4.5.8, build 45.17542.100) the software says it is the latest version available. Of course, since the data file has been upgraded in the laptop update, it can no longer be read by the desktop. I tried chatting with a customer service agent (case number 01109715) but he keeps on insisting that "the latest version that we have for the Quicken 2017 for Mac is Version 4.5.6 (6/2017)." Now he has gone offline!! 

do what automatically? download to a different computer than you are working from?  Or do you mean create backups? If the latter, yes Quicken does create a backup of the data, but some users get confused, so if they do it manually, they know what they have as an extra measure of comfort. But the old version of Quicken is not backed up...it is placed in the trash...many users do not realize this.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Well, here's a new twist in the latest saga.

Quicken Windows 2017 H&B updated just fine to R12.  Changed to a Quicken ID, which by design REQUIRES that you use an email address as your user name (instead of just any username).

Everything works just fine on QW 2017.

Now, my Quicken Mac 2017, which had used JUST a username (NOT an email address) is STILL on 4.5.8.  Hasn't update to 4.6 anything yet.  When trying to download via Quicken Connect, it fails because it wants me to re-enter my Intuit ID.  When I enter the CORRECT password, it fails saying it's not the correct username (which it IS the correct Intuit ID).

If I try the NEW Quicken ID, it fails too, as it says that it's not the correct ID.

So, I'm stuck in Quicken hell...because obviously my Intuit ID has been disconnected.  And because my Quicken Mac HASN'T been updated yet, I can't download my transactions.

What to do????
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I got prompted to update to 4.6.1 (Mac) yesterday, did so, created Quicken ID, blah, blah.  I have exactly six accounts set up for online transaction download.  Attempting to sync with my banks now gives six identical (and useless) error dialogs, that say "Sync Error\nWarning\nQuicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.\nTry again later.  If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."  And then outside the charming box with all that "info" is another line that just says "Generic Error.".   There is no useful per-bank info I see.  I assumed this might be just stuff settling after the ID migration, but we're now into a new day, with no change in behavior. 

This sucks.
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I got prompted to update to 4.6.1 (Mac) yesterday, did so, created Quicken ID, blah, blah.  I have exactly six accounts set up for online transaction download.  Attempting to sync with my banks now gives six identical (and useless) error dialogs, that say "Sync Error\nWarning\nQuicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.\nTry again later.  If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."  And then outside the charming box with all that "info" is another line that just says "Generic Error.".   There is no useful per-bank info I see.  I assumed this might be just stuff settling after the ID migration, but we're now into a new day, with no change in behavior. 

This sucks.

Are you using Direct Connect or using Quicken Connect to connect to your accounts?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Quicken Windows 2017 H&B updated just fine to R12.  Changed to a Quicken ID, which by design REQUIRES that you use an email address as your user name (instead of just any username).

Now, my Quicken Mac 2017, which had used JUST a username (NOT an email address) is STILL on 4.5.8.  Hasn't update to 4.6 anything yet.  When trying to download via Quicken Connect, it fails because it wants me to re-enter my Intuit ID.  When I enter the CORRECT password, it fails saying it's not the correct username (which it IS the correct Intuit ID).

If I try the NEW Quicken ID, it fails too, as it says that it's not the correct ID.

So, I'm stuck in Quicken hell...because obviously my Intuit ID has been disconnected.  And because my Quicken Mac HASN'T been updated yet, I can't download my transactions.

What to do????

BTW, Direct Connect accounts work fine.  Quicken Connect accounts prompt me for the Intuit ID during One Step Update.

Any way I can FORCE my Quicken Mac to update to 4.6...?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

What to do????

Unfortunately not.

That said, you can always try contacting Quicken support to see if they would release a copy to you given your situation...but may be a long shot.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I received the QM2017 4.6.0/4.6.1 update this afternoon (2017-09-14).

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

What once took one or two minutes now takes five to ten minutes.

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.

The download is done when the sync button stops spinning.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Version 4.6.2 (build 46.19020.100) was pushed to my laptop last night. But when I tried to upgrade my desktop this morning (which has version 4.5.8, build 45.17542.100) the software says it is the latest version available. Of course, since the data file has been upgraded in the laptop update, it can no longer be read by the desktop. I tried chatting with a customer service agent (case number 01109715) but he keeps on insisting that "the latest version that we have for the Quicken 2017 for Mac is Version 4.5.6 (6/2017)." Now he has gone offline!! 

Thank you @smayer97. A complaint resolved deserves a like. I did as suggested, and now it works. And let me add that--as a lurker previously also--what I have liked is the quick resolution of issues from Marcus and others, and users. And complete transparency regarding what is being done. Thanks to all!

If these are staged releases, I wonder if there is a way to put oneself at the back of the line. The versions work for me; I am not in a rush to have the latest and the greatest. Given that I use multiple computers, I would like to update all of them. Updates that update one unit but not the other don't do much for me. 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

@ Quicken Marcus.

I have one question regarding the Quicken ID and password migration.

I just updated to v4.6.x for Quicken 2017 for Mac and created my new Quicken ID and password. All went smoothly, except one of two Chase credit card accounts randomly downloaded three duplicate transactions from 2 months ago, but otherwise Direct Connect works with all 10 of my accounts that support it. Now running v4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100). Quicken => Preferences => Connected Services shows me connecting via Quicken ID at my e-mail address. 

My question concerns a separate Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows (R10) data file that duplicates all the data from all the same accounts as my Quicken-Mac data file. The Windows Quicken app hasn't updated yet, and since updating the Mac app, I have not attempted to download transactions to the Windows data file. I have assumed I should hold off on downloading transactions through the Quicken for Windows app until after the Quicken for Windows app updates to R11. Is that correct, or can I continue downloading to the Windows data file using the old Intuit ID & password? 

One related followup: When Quicken for Windows invites me to update to R11, will I be able to just sign in using my new Quicken ID @ password created for Quicken for Mac? This may be obvious in the workflow, but inasmuch as I haven't gone through it yet, I thought I would ask. 

Thanks. 

Great questions.  If you used the same Intuit ID on both Mac and Windows, your old Intuit ID will no longer work with Quicken for Windows because it has been migrated to a Quicken ID.  You can call support and I think they will be able to get you a copy of Quicken Windows R11 to use.  When you do get Quicken Windows R11, you can login using your new Quicken ID.  We should be able to detect that you've already migrated your Intuit ID and should show you the Quicken ID Sign in screen.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

We have always released in stages.  As I've said before, every software developer releases in stages.  This is not unique to Quicken.  In most cases, you're not aware of it.  Part of it is to reduce the load on servers so everyone isn't updating at the same time.  Some developers like Facebook and other web services literally release different versions of the software to different people to gauge reaction.  In any case, this is a common practice.

In regards to having multiple versions of the software on different machines, you can call support and get version 4.6.2.  tell them your situation and they should be able to get both of your machines on the same version.  If your care agent says they can't get it for you, tell them that the forum post says they can and ask to speak to their manager.  They can absolutely get you a copy because I sent it to them last night. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Thanks again! I chatted (online) with two customer service agents, and asked to escalate the issue with both (case numbers cited above) and neither gave me a link to 4.6.2. I specifically asked in both cases. Those were frustrating interactions. I have now managed to make both computers work, thanks to smayer97's useful suggestion. 

In terms of stages, understood, but it was just frustrating to be able to get it on one computer, and not the other! 
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Agreed.  We're not doing the staging in an intelligent way which is causing this headache for you our customers.  We have a plan to totally revamp the system but we have to get passed this Intuit change over first.  I'm sending your comments to our Care management team to make sure this doesn't happen to someone else.  By the way, if you need 4.6 on another computer, just copy the app from your applications folder on a USB drive or Dropbox and move it over.  There isn't an installer for the Mac app.  This isn't Windows :-).
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Agreed.  We're not doing the staging in an intelligent way which is causing this headache for you our customers.  We have a plan to totally revamp the system but we have to get passed this Intuit change over first.  I'm sending your comments to our Care management team to make sure this doesn't happen to someone else.  By the way, if you need 4.6 on another computer, just copy the app from your applications folder on a USB drive or Dropbox and move it over.  There isn't an installer for the Mac app.  This isn't Windows :-).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Copying the app--exactly what I did. Working now....
  • Eagle22
    Eagle22 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

Marcus,
    For me I use Chase Direct Connect for bill pay and don't have to pay the $9.99/month for the service to Chase. Sounds like with 4.6 and mobile turned on I would likely be charged the $9.99 a month since mobile is a second client as well as my credentials will have to be stored in the cloud. This being the case I would most likely not use mobile.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

What to do????

If you contact support, they can provide a Quicken2017v4.6.2.dmg update file.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options

OMG! Quicken is testing releases on live production users?  Had I read this thread earlier I would never have upgraded, but the in product prompt said it was required?!  This is total amateur hour.

We're not testing it on customers.  We are shipping a version that we've fully tested and believe will work for everyone but I don't think people fully grasp that there is almost no way for us to test against 14,500 banks that each do something different. The issues some of you are running into are because your particular bank may be doing something different that we're not expecting or maybe the bank has issues on their side  Even the same bank, because of mergers, may work differently for different people because they are on legacy banking systems that do different things.  Some require MFA via text or email.  Some require you to enter in your social security number of the last 4 digits.  Some make you go to their website to validate the connection.  In my case, Chase required that I go to the Chase website to validate it but when I confirmed it they didn't turn on my Quicken connection.  I had to wait until they sent me another secure email and then it worked.  That had nothing to do with Quicken.  It was completely the fault of Chase. Don't get me wrong, there are issues that are Quicken's fault and we're working through them as fast as we can but not all of the issues people are seeing are because of Quicken.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options

What to do????

Quicken Care should be able to give you a copy of Quicken Mac 4.6 after they verify that you purchased the software.  As I mentioned above, I just sent an email and reminded our Care management team that they need to bring all of their agents up to speed and let them know it's OK to get customers who use both platforms  Quicken ID ready software releases.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

@smayer97 yes, automatically backup apps and data files.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options

This sucks.

We screwed up last night and had a false sync error in 4.6.1.  We released 4.6.2 last night.  I'll email you. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks Marcus, I know you're working as hard as you can. I appreciate the hands on responses (and likely sleepless nights) resolving the issues.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jeff D. said:

I have a MacBook and an iMac and use both to access my quicken data file with resides in iCloud.  My iMac updated to QM2017 4.6x and appears to have updated/converted my data file to that version.  On my MacBook I have version 4.5.8 - when I try to open my data file I get an error message telling me to update to latest version to be able to open the file.  When I click check for updates I get a message - 4.5.8 is currently the newest version available.  I have tried deleting the quicken app and re-installing (4.5.8 is the version I get with the new download), restarting my computer multiple times and using disk utility to run disk first aid (no problems found).  Any thoughts on how to get version 4.6x onto my MacBook so I can open my quicken data file?

By the way, you can easily find your file by going to the File menu and click on Show <file name> in Finder.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marcus,

I think that I had found a bug in the 4.6 beta 4 when I was
    testing it as part of the beta program and now that you are releasing
    the version, I am wondering if it was fixed.  Although I had replied to
    Travis last week with more information and a clarification of the
    problem, I have never heard anything more.  I also found the same
    problem in the 2018 version that I am testing. 
    The problem that I
    encountered has to do with my bank accounts that are set up as web
    connect for updating.  The first time I wanted to do an update, I signed
    on to the bank, downloaded transactions, opened quicken and linked to
    the correct quicken account and everything worked fine.  After that, I
    could pull down the accounts menu,  select update selected account and
    quicken would launch the browser with the banks web page.  If I looked
    at the settings for one of the bank accounts, it said  connection type
    Web Connect. 
    The problem is that as soon as I click on the round
    arrow to update everything, it goes through the process, quickly flashes
    a window that shows the update status of all my accounts and then
    re-flashes the same screen without my bank accounts.  When I check the
    settings for the accounts, they are no longer set up for Web connect.  I
    have tried setting them up a second or third time and every time I
    update all they changed back.
    Although this is something that I can
    work around, it is an annoyance and something that has always worked in
    prior releases.  This error started happening in 4.6 beta 4 and as I
    said before it is also happening in the 2018 version.

Thanks,
    Karen
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

What to do????

Of course, as soon as I posted this here, I just got the update.

Thanks for your help though.  
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

OMG! Quicken is testing releases on live production users?  Had I read this thread earlier I would never have upgraded, but the in product prompt said it was required?!  This is total amateur hour.

At least check on the ten most used main banks in the nation. Problems with Chase, a top bank, is not good. You could at least have sent out a primer for these banks and their quirks.  Otherwise, your product is going to look bad anyway.
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    User said:

Perhaps we all should just manually update our accounts for now until the system is "totally revamped", as you say.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just received update 4.6.2 for Quicken for Mac 2017 and notice to set up a new Quicken Cloud account, but now each of my accounts in the mobile version is off by varying amounts after doing a mobile sync with my correct Quicken desktop version. Is this just me or a bug with the software?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I just updated to Quicken Mac ver 4.6.2, and created a new Quicken ID and Password. I thought the release notes indicated that only one (1) new ID would be required, and other Quicken files could be included in this account. However, when I opened my other two files, each time it asked me to create a new account and password. So, my question is, how do we include other files in the new Quicken ID account? (This question was also posted to "Other Questions - Mac".)
  • R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just updated to 4.6.2 - with much fear after reading this thread. I want to say (fingers crossed!) that the update went smoothly, banking updates are flawless. Program is great! I just want to tell others that come by, jump in! The water's fine!
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ Quicken Marcus,

I'm afraid I have to amend my earlier report of a largely flawless migration to QM 2017 v4.6.2 last night to report problems with three Direct Connect accounts I didn't notice until today: 

1. My Wells Fargo bank accounts all transitioned flawlessly, but my WF home mortgage and HELOC will not connect. I've gone through the process to add them but receive this error notice: Sync Error Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error code: ccwebbrowser.530. I reported this earlier. 

2. My Costco credit card won't Direct Connect and goes to Quicken Connect, but doesn't do anything at all when I update all or just this account. Quicken allows me to go through the process to Change Connection Type and it appears to work: Quicken queries Capital One for a 2nd-level security code and allows me to enter it, displays the correct card# and account to link, etc. I've tried to Deactivate Downloads and set up Direct Connect from scratch with the same result. Both attempts ended with the account still connected via Quicken Connect and no downloads happening. 

3. This last is the most baffling: Only one of two Chase credit cards transitioned correctly, i.e. to Direct Connect, and downloads transactions smoothly. The other account, which worked in Direct Connect in v.4.5.8, says it's connected in Quicken Connect, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I download. Same user name and p/w for both Chase accounts. I've turned off downloads and gone through the process of setting up Direct Connect. Quicken queries Chase for a 2nd level security code, I receive it and enter it, Quicken identifies the correct credit card, allows me to link it to the correct account in Quicken and the process appears to be syncing with Chase, but the account comes back as still connected via Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect.

These Direct Connect accounts were all functioning in v.4.5.8 36 hours ago. 
This discussion has been closed.