Which cartoon character would you hang out with?

Options

Happy April everyone! Since April kicks off with a bit of silliness due to April Fool's Day, I figured I'd pick a somewhat silly topic for the icebreaker. If you could hang out with any cartoon character, which one would you hang out with and why?

Personally, I'd hang out with Wile E Coyote because he was my favorite cartoon character when I was a kid.

I can't wait to hear all of yours!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

I’m going to go with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. My youngest is currently obsessed with Winnie the Pooh so that movie (the 1st Disney version from 1977) is on replay quite a bit in my household. It’d be fun exploring the Hundred Acre Wood.

-Quicken Anja

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My favorite is Asterix the Gaul, star of Asterix comics. The stories take place during the Roman occupation and feature Asterix and his friends outwitting the Romans.

QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doonesbury, which my newspaper stopped carrying.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Sorry to hear your newspaper no longer carries Doonesbury @NotACPA,

My Dad uses gocomics to find cartoons his local paper stopped carrying. Looks like they have Doonesbury there:

Quicken Kristina

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm gonna have to say this guy.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Crankshaft

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@splasher Crankshaft is one of the comics that replaced Doonesbury. Haven't quite gotten into Crankshaft yet.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

I love Pickles comics! The couple are what my parents are like in real life. 😂

Quicken Janean

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He is just a curmudgeonly old guy like myself. It was a title that I wore proudly in the office where I worked and they even put it on my going away posture/picture that everyone signed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Alex.M
    Alex.M Member
    Options

Calvin and Hobbes! Love his imagination and free spirit. Some time I have seen my own children playing out their imaginations in front of me, but of course without the witty philisophical commentary (which I imagine to be going on in their heads).

• ZIzicredit
    ZIzicredit Member
    Options

Happy April to you too! Hanging out with Wile E Coyote sounds like a blast! If I had to pick, I'd probably choose SpongeBob SquarePants for his endless optimism and enthusiasm. Plus, who wouldn't want to visit the Krusty Krab for a Krabby Patty?

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, since I use to be a 'sailor boy' for a short hitch, have to go with "Popeye" We kids had a jingle we sang back in dem days. Goes like this. "I's Popeye de Sailor Man, I's live in de garbage can. I's likes to go swimming with dem bowlegged women; I's Popeye de Sailor Man! "TOOT, TOOT"!!⚓️ Sailor's all know bowlegged women can swim better. Come in handy when yous is out on dem high seas 🤣

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Pink Panther, Road Runner and Tin Tin. The Pink Panther if I had to pick one - a man of a few words, or none!

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Ingo Dettmar
    Ingo Dettmar Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 16
    Options

Definitely Dilbert. I know the creator has been somewhat controversial, and I don't support his views, but Dilbert's way of portraying corporate life usually hit the nail on the head in a hilariously cynical way. I'm sure we'd have loads to gossip about!

• Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The reporters on Breaking Cat News…..
    https://www.breakingcatnews.com/

• MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Options

Love this strip.

• MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Options

ok maybe this could be a product suggestion?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since my local paper dropped Doonesbury, Pearls Before Swine is the last strip that's actually funny.

The rest, now, are "sweet", but not particularly funny.

Hadn't seen Tundra before now. It's not carried either.