8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    yes, that was a typo.  try https://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

I'm only passing along info to help here.

The quicken mobile app will not ask for it, but go to that site on a browser first, get the code that is sent to you and enter it on the website to validate, AND make sure you click OK.  It will say you have 10 minutes to login in on WF within Quicken
    Only After all this do you go to the mobile app (ios for me) and click "Fix It" next to your Wells Fargo account.  Then enter your WF login info.  The error should go away.  It did for me at least.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

The quicken mobile app will not ask for it, but go to that site on a browser first, get the code that is sent to you and enter it on the website to validate, AND make sure you click OK.  It will say you have 10 minutes to login in on WF within Quicken
    Only After all this do you go to the mobile app (ios for me) and click "Fix It" next to your Wells Fargo account.  Then enter your WF login info.  The error should go away.  It did for me at least.

Can A Quicken Official confirm this before we attempt to do this
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Congratulations KB, you have solved the Wells Fargo Login in problems. (Rant Redacted)
    THANKS
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Excellent, I’ve had this problem for years. And I just so happen to go back to an old solution for Quicken desktop, and decided to use it for the mobile app before login. Let’s keep watch though to see that it keeps working.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

I’m not clear how this would work with other banks. I have the same/similiar with USAA Federal Savings Bank
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

For Wells Fargo, since I got this error, I just keep using the link when there is login problem on either the desktop or the mobile app.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Look at trying to set up a synch for your bank. If it fails you may see a link you need to go to. The link for Wells Fargo is your verify code. That usually is your mobile # or landline. It may be your email account. When you receive your code you enter it in that web page. Then it tells you have 10 minutes to log in using quicken. First PC and then mobile. It would be nice for Quicken to speak up..
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Just wanted to add that the Wells Fargo solution worked so I could add Wells Fargo checking to my synced accounts.  Thanks.  Haven't checked the mobile app yet to see what happens there yet.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

If you encounter the problem on your mobile, go back to original solution to do it again.  Then your mobile will log in, just like she said and it worked for me using Wells Fargo. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Well I spoke too soon, mobile keeps showing wf accounts need attention.  I use the link to get it to work, but something is wrong with the mobile sync...
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Mobile sync worked for me a few hours ago on Wells Fargo.  I'll try it again in a few hours.  I did have to log into WF by doing the FIXIT on the mobile app.
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Also I wanted to repeat that an attachment I added thru the mobile app with my cell phone's camera  no longer appears in the mobile app but does in the desktop and I tried the new procedure to move attachments to the cloud but that had no effect.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile App: Chase Downloads.

Unable to log into my Chase account from the mobile app. Can sync transactions to cloud, then cloud to PC though.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: New Mobile App Won't Sync My Citi Bank Credit Card Accounts.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile access to Wells Fargo stopped working with current update..

Mobile access to Wells Fargo stopped working with current update. I receive a connectivity error:swipe to fix. I swipe to fix it and then receive a message "We are unable to connect to Wells Fargo at this time. Please try again later." I try and try and nothing!  No error codes received either.  I've updated on my PC as well as disabled direct connect and then set direct connect back up.  Mobile access still doesn't work.  I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2018, version R11.20, Build 27.1.11.20 Suggestions on a fix?
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile access to Wells Fargo stopped working with current update..

Mobile access to Wells Fargo stopped working with current update. I receive a connectivity error:swipe to fix. I swipe to fix it and then receive a message "We are unable to connect to Wells Fargo at this time. Please try again later." I try and try and nothing!  No error codes received either.  I've updated on my PC as well as disabled direct connect and then set direct connect back up.  Mobile access still doesn't work.  I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2018, version R11.20, Build 27.1.11.20 Suggestions on a fix?

Reset your cloud data from the desktop (Edit >> Preferences >> Mobile ID & Alerts). Log out of the mobile app, then log back in.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Resetting the cloud date does not work.  KB's fix works for a while.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Yes. The fix I posted above works for a day or two and then you have to do it again. Still not a permanent fix but it may show Quicken tech team what they might focus on for Wells Fargo Direct Connect
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Then the problem seems to be Wells Fargo specific.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I gave WF the boot a couple years ago, due to their unscrupulous business practices, and couldn't be happier.
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I can't blame you for dumping WF.  Most of the problems seem to involve the original WF branches.  On the east coast where I live, the employees are all from Wachovia which WF took over during the great recession.  Really haven't heard of any involvement of those branches.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

KB-I had done this before I posted. It fixed it for about a day. Thanks
  • Gil110
    Gil110 Member
    edited September 2018
    This is a problem with more than Wells Fargo...I for one have the same problem with TD Bank. Been relying on Mint which works very well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    I can confirm that the mobile error fix I listed above for Wells Fargo, Direct Connect, does not last more than a day.  So we still need a real solution from Quicken

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018

Just got the update for my Android and found that the single most useful feature of the old app (for me) is gone! I can't find any way to access the list of uncategorized transactions. My wife and I used that list every day. Transactions I didn't know about I would enter and leave uncategorized, then she could clarify them using her Iphone at her leisure. Is the list hiding somewhere, or is it possible to downgrade?

Absolutely!!! I forgot about this in my other "problems" thread. This was an awesome feature!!! I really don't understand how Quicken thinks they improved with this version. So many issues!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    It never seems to end.  Quicken has the most bugs I have ever seen in a mobile or a PC.  If you look at it's support page and community; you have to wonder if it will ever be fixed.

1.  Mobile works with accounts that are credit cards.  But it does not work with a bank such as Wells Fargo and probably multiple banks. 
    2.  We all thought Well Fargo and Quicken came up with a fix recently and it worked for about 3 hours and then you had to re-login to Wells Fargo through the mobile.  I don't think it matters what operating system you have.
    3.  I recently was recruited by Quicken to Beta a new app, at least I think it's a new app.  First time I logged in to credentials it worked instantly.  Then It asked me to log into the Wells Fargo Accounts that we have, had to first go to specific Wells Fargo Fix it log in.  This requires to log in first and then a code is sent to your mobile phone, then you enter that and then it says OK, you have 10 minutes to log into Wells Fargo via Quicken.  Which I did and it worked for about 3 hours and the same problem started again.  I sent feedback to Quicken on the Beta App and the reply was confusing to say the least.  The next App looks neat, but still does not work with your Bank. 
    4.  I can see Quicken is doing what other services are doing, linking everything to web-based operation, so from your PC to your Mobile is basically WEB driven and that will probably end the issues.
    5.  Note on my current 2018 PC software it basically works fine, it's the Mobile that is a disaster.
    6.  The latest update of the mobile is now slower than ever, the touch screen has issues.  The Payee location through Goggle Maps does not work and like I said start up takes 30-45 seconds to load and each transaction takes on average of 60 seconds to do.  Very slow. 

I hope things get better, it used to be a fine app years ago, somewhere along the way you have created a buggy app...
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Nathan B said:

I'm on Android and Quicken 2018 membership.   Still have not been able to get the update to the new version on my or the wifes phone.  Still no budget (have the lasting disabled notice).  Is there anything I can do?  Is it possible I just have not hit the "wave" for the update?  I show latest update to be Dec 2017.

My Quicken 2017 updated to R17.4 today. After doing that, I reset my Cloud data, uninstalled the iOS app and reinstalled it. HOWEVER, BUDGETS ARE STILL TOTALLY WRONG. (They were already downloading for me to the iOS app, but the budget values are totally wrong and don't match anything in the budget still. Actual spending figures are correct.)

As of now the budget does NOT show the correct remaining budgeted amounts, items are NOT in the correct order, and subcategories show at too high a level for some subcategories. STILL NOT WORKING. ANY UPDATE OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE ISSUES?
    -Jay
  • Cateye112
    Cateye112 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled merging.

Did you find a resolution? I have been having the same issue.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken Mobile won't sync with Bank of America.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    No resolution.  issue with "fix error" in mobile app.   Quicken has not replied in almost 2 months on the Direct Connect issue
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Any updates from the  Quicken team?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    The Mobile App updated yesterday, all it says is improved performance and the map portion of the app is now working.  Went onto WFB and did the same thing in the past and it did not work, tried it a 2nd time and the app is now syncing with WFB.  At least for the last 6 hours.  Let you know if it continues...
This discussion has been closed.