Add ability to Unfollow a thread

Also, have a way to Unfollow a thread to stop receiving notifications from a specific thread.
There are 2 place this is needed:
- in the thread itself... a button to Unfollow that thread
- in email notifications... a button to Unfollow that thread

At the moment, if you reply to a thread, there is no way to Unfollow that thread to stop receiving notifications for that thread alone.

(this would need to override the Bookmark feature).

GetSat had a nice implementation of this... one button at the top of threads that changed status:
initial status = FOLLOW
Click on FOLLOW button changed to UNFOLLOW
A link to show list of followers

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

25 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

This request is not available via the Vanilla forum platform and as such is being marked as Not Planned. If the ability becomes available at some point in the future, this Idea will be revisited.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    yeah - I had mentioned that in the very beginning -
    "yellow star" bookmark - you can un-bookmark
    but - if you "reply" - you are glued to the thread, no way to un-glue... unlike GetSat -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so did I but it was originally in the Lounge...here others can now vote on it.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is marking this idea as not planned based on it not being available make sense? The whole "idea" of this Idea is to pass on the request to Vanilla to look into addressing this issue. Please clarify.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    smayer97 said:
    How is marking this idea as not planned based on it not being available make sense? The whole "idea" of this Idea is to pass on the request to Vanilla to look into addressing this issue. Please clarify.
    What he said. We desperately need this feature. Please pass this along to Vanilla. Every other forum on the planet has this feature.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    along with the overall MARK ALL READ

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It is pretty surprising that a modern forum software platform doesn't have the capability for users to unsubscribe to threads they've been auto-subscribed to by posting comment. Equally surprising (and disappointing) is Quicken not strongly advocating with Vanilla on behalf of its users to make this a priority feature to get added.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    I just discovered this thread after spending an hour trying to unsubscribe to a thread I commented on. This is utterly unbelievable. If true, you can't unsubscribe, it's astonishing, especially for a software company. I'm in shock at the .....
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jimshu1 said:
    I just discovered this thread after spending an hour trying to unsubscribe to a thread I commented on. This is utterly unbelievable. If true, you can't unsubscribe, it's astonishing, especially for a software company. I'm in shock at the .....
    Being a software company has little bearing on this since they are using forum software from another company (Vanilla), they can't enable a feature that doesn't exist, even though I really wish this feature existed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    They pay that company. Demand it.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jimshu1 said:
    They pay that company. Demand it.
    Yeah, and we pay Quicken Inc get everything we want too, right?
    Signature:
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Or we don't pay them... Our choice.

It's Quicken's choice too. I belong to dozens of forums, why is this one the only one to not let you unsubscribe to a thread?

- Jim S.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jimshu1 said:
    Or we don't pay them... Our choice.

It's Quicken's choice too. I belong to dozens of forums, why is this one the only one to not let you unsubscribe to a thread?
    Yes, true, and I do wish they would use better forum software too.  Maybe there should be an idea thread that is for voting on Quicken Inc switching forum software.  If you would like to start one you can go to the Home page and select New Post -> New Idea.
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken has switched forum software several times over the past six or seven years. There are always tradeoffs of improvements and steps backward. But there is always significant disruption. Old thread links are broken. Images are lost. A huge amount of staff time goes into evaluating, selecting, planning, configuring and executing each such move. I question whether it is worth putting the effort required into a forum move.

That said, pressing Vanilla to work toward implementing the top few user wishes for improvements should definitely be someone's job at Quicken. And users' ability to unfollow a thread should be at or near the top of that list!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Still need this. Maybe ask Vanilla again, pretty please? We can't be Vanilla's only customer who wants this.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited July 2022
    It's been 2 years since this essential request was denied. Is there any chance of re-opening it?