One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

Answers

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    I will add as one more with the problem. I am stuck on Quicken update and can't get past fidelity. Just hangs and won't even proceed to other accounts.
  • bmoroze
    bmoroze Member ✭✭
    Same--Fidelity accounts crash it to bugsplat for me
  • cedwards53
    cedwards53 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. OSU crashes. I've tried rebooting restoring from backup. I've also sent two error reports to Quicken. Hope that will help.
  • fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Same problem as everyone else with Q crashing. All accounts update fine when I update one at a time EXCEPT my Schwab investment account. The Schwab account crashes Q every time so my problem is with the Schwab account. Everything worked fine 11/9 but today is when this started. I don't have Fidelity or Discover accounts.
  • RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here with Fidelity, every time they take one step forward they move two steps back....they should have a beta testing group that would test this stuff before releasing it and screwing everyone up
  • friedman_nir
    friedman_nir Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with transaction download (Schwab crashes Quicken every time starting this morning). I even tried restoring an older file temporarily (to before this issue started) and it still crashed suggesting it's not a function of localized/file corruption. Having others here confirm it suggest it's on the Quicken side (since it is apparently happening with Fidelity too).
  • Brian McDonald
    Brian McDonald Member ✭✭✭
    As of early this morning One Step Update isn't working.  It seems to be stuck on the quotes and investment information.  I can update transactions and securities on individual accounts, but that is a royal pain. 
  • Terry Chisholm
    Terry Chisholm Member ✭✭✭
    Have similar issue. QWin crash after attempting OSU for multiple accounts with Raymond James. Last successful OSU was at 10:55 PM on 11/09/2020 (Eastern Standard Time).
  • Same here. Did a complete uninstall and QClean. One Step Update seems busted at the moment.
  • joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. I've got news for all here... Quicken doesn't care about anything except the almighty $. I've been a user since Quicken 1.0 for DOS and when the software was first created they actually cared about the product itself, providing an alternative to MS Money, and the customer. Not any more by a long shot. Quicken is no different from any other money-hungry company now except they are a monopoly. We're stuck. They are probably using the same software used to count votes.
  • acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    As of this morning, every time I open Quicken and do a one step update it crashes and opens a Bugsplat window. See attached.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Getting Bugsplat crash screen when Quicken R29.22 attempts to download transactions from Fidelity.
    Other accounts download okay.
    I restored a backup that worked and retried the download and still got the crash.
    Is anyone else getting this?
    It started this morning.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    I have isolated the BUG SPLAT failure to my Fidelity Accounts. If you uncheck Fidelity in One Step Update you should be OK.  Have seen nothing else regarding download issue with Fidelity.  Only started for me today.
  • I have problem with Fidelity only. I have Janus account that updates fine as well as all my banking and credit card companies.
  • Same issue...
  • Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Yes, exactly the same thing.  If I deactivate Fidelity in One Step Update all goes along as normal.  Activate Fidelity and hello BUG SPLAT!!
  • jnollinger
    jnollinger Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem but not just with Fidelity Discover has the same issue
  • Bob8
    Bob8 Member ✭✭
    Me too.
  • shafrs3
    shafrs3 Member ✭✭
    same here
  • Bob8
    Bob8 Member ✭✭
    Same for me.
  • Yes, I am getting the exact same problem. Same version of Quicken - just crashes. Other credit card accounts work fine. Started today. What's up? What is Bugsplat?
  • jdhilt
    jdhilt Member ✭✭
    I'm trying to download activity from fidelity.com using quicken deluxe version R29.22 on Win10 Pro version 10.0.19041.
    The problem begins after I click on 'update now' in the one-step update popup. Quicken crashes. Other sites do not crash only Fidelity.
  • jtawil777
    jtawil777 Member ✭✭
    Same here...One step updating is either sticking on "waiting" on all accounts or causing a bug splat.
  • rolandi2
    rolandi2 Member ✭✭
    Using 2020 Quicken Premier Version R29-22 Build 27.1.29.22
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    AFAIK Quicken is west coast based so I'm guessing we won't hear anything from them until they wake up out there...
  • hanski9
    hanski9 Member
    Quicken should be more robust by now and be able to error handle a “whatever” this is without crashing.
  • I can update all my accounts except Fidelity and Schwab. judging by previous comments, sounds like the issue is with investment accounts.
  • Maikeer
    Maikeer Member ✭✭✭
    Banner on main support page.

Quicken for Windows subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.   
  • rolandi2
    rolandi2 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Bet there will be more with this issue.
  • moisha
    moisha Member ✭✭
    Quicken crashes every time it connects to work Schwab 401k account, started this morning. I recently added Roth 401k, maybe this is the issue? Tried to reset connection, same problem.
This discussion has been closed.