Additional option for frequency of occurrence on bill reminders (75 Legacy Votes)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Rachel K
    Rachel K Member
    Options
    Please create bill/Income frequencies of last/first business day of the month.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    In case you didn't get notified of this Idea's Status Update, posted by a community moderator earlier today, 10/2/20:

Planned · Last Updated 9:38AM

This Idea has been accepted for future implementation and has been added to the Development roadmap and is tentatively anticipated to be included in the R30 release - CTP-591

Waiting with bated breath!
    B)

Still waiting!

• tsteven3
    tsteven3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    And, please add the ability to set a variable interval for this. I have an e biller that bills me exactly every 30 days, no matter how many days are in the month, which means that my due date changes about every month.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tsteven3 said:
    And, please add the ability to set a variable interval for this. I have an e biller that bills me exactly every 30 days, no matter how many days are in the month, which means that my due date changes about every month.

As mentioned in previous comments in this discussion, once a "Daily, every [xx] days" frequency has been created, your "every 30 days" needs will be covered.
    Just hoping that we'll get to see one or more of the requested new frequencies before I'm too old to use Quicken ... B)
  • marshalljpeters
    marshalljpeters Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    So I see this has been on the "planning" board for well over a year now. How long does it take to implement something like this? I'm not a programmer, but it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.
    "tentatively anticipated to be included in the R30 release"; current version is R39.
  • Matthew Phelps
    Matthew Phelps Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    With more online shopping sites offering subscriptions, I would request more options for scheduling transaction frequency. Specifically, many Shopify subscriptions offer 30, 45, and 60 day subscriptions. These don't align to the current Quicken offerings of weekly or monthly schedules. In the Schedule Bill Reminder tab, could options be added for a custom number of days as it currently is for weeks and months?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Please review this and feel free to add your comments:

Suggestion for new scheduled reminder frequencies (Q Windows and Mac)

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7352236/new-frequency-for-scheduled-reminders-both-q-windows-and-mac

This Community supports voting on discussions marked as Ideas (like this one).

[duplicate discussion, now redirects here]

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Matthew Phelps,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jljeeper
    jljeeper Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently, this never got added. I too need to add a Paycheck reminder for the last business day of the month. Where do we vote for this?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    jljeeper said:
    Apparently, this never got added. I too need to add a Paycheck reminder for the last business day of the month. Where do we vote for this?
    This is a long, multi screen thread, voting is at the top of the first screen.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    splasher said:
    jljeeper said:
    This is a long, multi screen thread, voting is at the top of the first screen.
    And, as it has been Planned for implementation since November of 2020, we may no longer vote for it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I must have missed the announcement in the Release Notes, but at least in Quicken for Windows R 43.20 there now is a Daily frequency interval available when adding or changing a Scheduled Reminder.
    Everybody, please go ahead and give that thorough test!
    Other frequencies and changes mentioned in this discussion still appear stuck on the drawing board.

UKR, 9/9/2022
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    I must have missed the announcement in the Release Notes, but at least in Quicken for Windows R 43.20 there now is a Daily frequency interval available when adding or changing a Scheduled Reminder.
    I missed it, too. There are 2 deficiencies I see right away.
    1. When set to Daily, the frequency is blank in the Reminders list.
    2. The Daily frequency is not an option in the Who When How variant of the Edit Reminder dialog.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    UKR said:
    I missed it, too. There are 2 deficiencies I see right away.
    1. When set to Daily, the frequency is blank in the Reminders list.
    2. The Daily frequency is not an option in the Who When How variant of the Edit Reminder dialog.

One Step forward. Two steps back.
    I can confirm @Rocket J Squirrel 's findings.
    Back to the programmers we go.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Quicken Victoria I point out to you that this IDEA thread was originally a merging of two same ideas created for BOTH the Windows AND Mac products. In migrating this forum to Vanilla, the designation for Mac was lost... BUT this idea thread is intended for both.

So, please place this on your radar to implement any changes, at least the same ones as are being implemented for QWin.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    • More scheduling frequencies need to be added:
      Monthly, every 1 month, on [Date], but only on selected months: [_] Jan [x] Feb [x] Mar [x] Apr [x] May … [_] Dec
      This reminder occurs monthly only on [x]-marked months, skips the unmarked months and continues next year on the same schedule

Examples for this type of frequency would be:
      - a teacher's salary for 10 months, skipping the summer holiday months
      - the bill to the lawn mowing service, every month from April thru October, and
      - the bill to the snow removal service, every month from November thru March
    • Every two weeks except on __/__/__, __/__/__, ...
      or maybe we should better name it
      Every two weeks, but only on selected months: [_] Jan [x] Feb [x] Mar [x] Apr [x] May … [_] Dec

A similar request had once been mentioned in an archived discussion (which regular community users can't read)