Add capability to enter stock options / restricted stock grants in Quicken Mac (63 Legacy Votes)

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JPA56,
    JPA56 said:
    Just tried to vote & it wouldn't let me. Perhaps they've given up on it.
    The voting issue should be resolved now, please go ahead and attempt to vote again. If you still experience any issues, please let me know.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AlfaCharlie
    AlfaCharlie Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Thanks for the fix. I could now upvote it as well. Having this thread locked for so long has not helped in demonstrating its popularity. I hope you can finally prioritize porting these functionalities from Windows.
  • JPA56
    JPA56 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken Anja! Was just able to vote. Hopefully, Quicken will find a fix for this issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    @AlfaCharlie & @JPA56 You're both welcome! Glad the voting option is working successfully now.

-Quicken Anja

• DgerardCPA
    DgerardCPA Member
    Please add ESOP tracking! Also, the voting is not working again. I was not able to click to vote.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited July 2022
    Hello @DgerardCPA,
    Please add ESOP tracking! Also, the voting is not working again. I was not able to click to vote.
    We are currently experiencing a glitch with voting where the voting arrow will disappear sporadically. I went ahead and fixed it for this one again so you should be able to vote now (on page 1).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• mychen66
    mychen66 Member ✭✭
    Please add the stock option tracking in the Quicken Mac. I am running VM just to use Quicken for Windows due to this limitation for the past 2 years. With the latest M1 Mac, I am unable to run VMs. I don't want to keep another laptop just to run Quicken Windows. Please add the stock option tracking feature in Quicken Mac ASAP. Thank you!
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Please add RSU and ESPP tracking in Quicken for Mac. I don’t want to go through clunky process to keep track of RSU’s or ESPP’s. Or have a separate Windows laptop just for this.
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    It has been 4 years since this thread started
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    When will we be getting this feature?  Any update?
    Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @adsoft2015 As you've doubtless seen, Quicken almost never says anything about future features — what is or isn't coming, or when. It's frustrating for users, but they have a philosophy of not sharing any details about what the development team is working on or scheduled to work on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mychen66
    mychen66 Member ✭✭
    Is 90+ user vote still not good enough for a feature to be added to the a product? Please add this feature ASAP. Thanks.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited February 2023

Hi All, I was asked to get some details regarding this thread and the enchancments you all are wanting to see. If any of you are experiencing the “buy to cover” issue, can you please provide this information: which brokerage, a screen shot where they filter the register by searching for the name of the option, so we can see all of the transactions associated with that option? You can submit this information by going to HELP> Report a Problem or, add the screenshots here, if you are comfortable. Just please make sure you block out any sensitive information. Thanks!

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

• AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Janean. Thank you for your response.
    For now all we want is what is already present in Quicken for Windows.
    Support for recording ESPP and Stock option transactions (purchase, sale etc). Please take a look at that feature.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-add-employee-stock-option-grant-esog
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-add-account-track-employee-stock-purchase-plan-espp-shares
    This is not downloaded from any brokerage.. I attach screenshots from Quicken for windows
    Grant Employee Stock option.
    Exercise Employee Stock option
    reprice Employee Stock Option
    Bought ESPP shares
    Sold ESPP shares
  • ldimit
    ldimit Member
    For Quicken for Mac users, please vote for adding the ability to enter ESPP/RSU purchase/sales in Quicken for Mac. This functionality is available on Windows, but not on Mac. There seems to be quite a few functions that are available on Windows but not on the Mac, but the Mac version costs the same as the Windows version. Quicken really needs to enable functional parity between their Windows and Mac versions.
  • Hello @ldimit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request, so be sure to go and add your vote!

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AlfaCharlie
    AlfaCharlie Member ✭✭
    I fully agree with @AnPann on what we have been asking for in this thread for quite some time. It would be great to see some movement on Quicken’s side.
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    @Quicken Janean I think I have given you all the info you need. Can you please confirm and let us know whether this will added to next Quicken for Max release? Thanks
  • jacobs

@AnPann I have no idea what is on the developer's roadmap, but I think it's safe to say that this functionality will not be in the next release. Whatever will be in the next release has been planned and worked on for some time; they don't add new functionlaity like this in just a few weeks before a new release. Here, it seems the developers are reaching out to users to make sure they understand what users are asking for so that what they implement will meet expectations. Design, coding and testing of any new feature likely spans at least a few weeks; depending on the complexity of the feature, it may take far longer.

No matter what their planned schedule is, Quicken doesn't ever say when a particular feature is coming out, because unexpected complexities or bugs cause schedules to shift, or more urgent priorities may arise.

• Quicken Janean

Hi @AnPann, I can confirm that the Mac Team is aware of your requests, but we do not have an ETA on when this will become available. I am sorry about that! Please stay tuned!

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

• prbsparx
    prbsparx Member ✭✭
    Hey Quicken Janna,

This particular request has been in place since at least 2016 though I recall requesting it further back than that.

We're now 7 years later and still no real traction on this request. Can we get something more than "Mac team is aware of the request"?

That's what we've been told since the old Ideas forum...
  • AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Janean Do you have any update for us on this 7 year old request?
  • Quicken Janean

Hi @AnPann , I do not see anything new but I did reach out to see if any insights can be provided. Please stay tuned.

Quicken Janean

• bgl101
    bgl101 Member ✭✭

What is the status of this product enhancement request? I see that many Quicken Mac users such as myself have RSUs they want to track; functionality that is available in the Windows version of Quicken (and apparently has been available for a long time). While this is not "die on the hill" type functionality that would cause me to leave Quicken Mac, it does seem the largest deficiency in that platform. All of the other new features being provided are great, but nothing recently provided has real material impact on how I use, view and leverage Quicken Mac. Adding RSU functionality would have much more significant benefit.

• WBrimhall
    WBrimhall Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Could not agree more! This is the one missing feature that prevents me from moving from Quicken Windows (running in a Windows 11 Parallels VM) to Quicken Mac.

If it helps in the prioritization effort, this is a critical feature — as, if you have ISOs/NQs/RSUs, there's really no workaround available. There's no other way to enter the data into Quicken that accurately represents their value. In contrast, with other features that you've considering (e.g. improved reporting, tracking spin-offs / acquisitions, etc.) workarounds either exist by exporting the data into Excel (and developing a custom report from the export) or entering transactions in a different way (e.g. add shares / remove shares).

Please consider putting this to the top of the priority list — as you're limiting your TAM (total addressable market) by not supporting these types of transactions.

• Seth Holmes
    Seth Holmes Member ✭✭✭

There's no real incentive for them to add this feature to the MacOS version if folks are using it successfully in the Windows version on their Macs.

It also seems there's little incentive for them to add the feature for those of us running the MacOS version who would really like this feature and are living without it. Maybe the only solution is a mass exodus.

• jacobs

@Seth Holmes I honestly don’t believe that’s the way they think or work. If there was no reason to improve the Mac version, then why do they keep working on adding features? I believe that the problem is that there are an overwhelming number of feature requests, and a fairly small development team — so no matter what they work on, many Mac users feel their needs aren’t being addressed. Especially when it comes to features which are important to but impact a small percentage of users, like this one. I’m not saying I agree with their prioritization of features to work on — I don’t — but I do believe they are working to improve and add functionality to the program.

I do wish they would be more transparent with customers about what they’re working on or when they intend to work on certain features/requests, but that’s not how Quicken operates.

• Seth Holmes
    Seth Holmes Member ✭✭✭

Having worked with software engineering teams who have to prioritize things like feature requests, they probably just don't care about the feature. If the feature was seen as important to them they'd work on it. It more likely will be deprioritized infinitely. They've implemented it for Windows so I don't see why they couldn't port it quickly to MacOS. Feature parity should be the standard. But there is far more activity on the Windows side of the community than the MacOS side so my suspicion is there are more people working the Windows side than the Mac side. Features that impact revenue are going to be the first concern.

I've been a Quicken user as long as I can remember managing my own bank accounts. I've worked around this problem in a sub-optimal way. I'd love to say I'm shopping for another product but, truly, what else even is there that comes close?

• jacobs

If the feature was seen as important to them they'd work on it. 

I definitely disagree with this. Last time I looked, there were more than 600 idea requests on this forum. And that doesn’t include the boring but essential behind-the-scenes updating of parts of the code to keep up with Apple’s annual OS updates. They just don’t have the resources to work on all the things which are important. Just because they haven’t yet addressed this feature which is important to you doesn’t at all mean the developers don’t think it’s important and will forever not prioritize it.

They've implemented it for Windows so I don't see why they couldn't port it quickly to MacOS. Feature parity should be the standard.

Again, it comes back to those 600+ feature requests, most of which are features in either Quicken Windows or the legacy previous-generation Quicken Mac. They started re-developing Quicken Mac a decade ago, and every feature needs to be coded. The program is actually quite complex, so adding features (without breaking things) is a slow process. Just because it exists in Windows doesn’t make it easy to add to Quicken Mac. There is no “quick porting” because everything about the two products, from the database to the user interface tools, is significantly different. Quicken Windows may give them the concept or overall design goal, but not the details of coding and implementation.

But there is far more activity on the Windows side of the community than the MacOS side so my suspicion is there are more people working the Windows side than the Mac side.

One of the facts of life for us Mac users is that there are many, many more Windows users in the world. And when it comes to Quicken, there are many more Windows users than Mac users. And therefore it should be no surprise that the development team for Quicken Windows is larger than the development team for Quicken Mac.

• AlfaCharlie
    AlfaCharlie Member ✭✭

i agree that the problem is not about it being considered important or not. It is about the relative importance versus everything else. At the same time, I wish the development team brought this higher up.

I am pretty sure that there are many more people that would leverage this functionality than those of us talking about it in this forum.