Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Comments

• Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    Sorry…thought I was responding in a subject chat.
    It was the issue that the Bill Reminders are switching from “auto enter” to “remind me”. I change them back and it happens again and again every time I log out.I have about 25 of them (for personal and real estate accounts).
    I tried turning off the sync feature that was recommended but that only worked for a couple of times…then it started happening again.
    This is ridiculous!
  • tom.p.gray
    tom.p.gray Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Some of my Reminders are set as Upcoming; e.g. bills I want to review before I pay them. Other Reminders are set as Auto; e.g. bills that are paid automatically. When One Step Update completes, Quicken is changing the state of all of my Auto reminders to Upcoming. This has been happening for about 6 weeks. I can provide screen shots in a Word doc. I always immediately install Quicken updates when they're offered. My current version of Quicken Deluxe is R49.33, Build 27.1.49.33 in Windows 11.
  • DanW3
    DanW3 Member

I have been following Ticket # 10230169, CTP-6712 "Bill Reminder "Auto Enter" gone after Syncing to Mobile" for this same problem. This ticket has been reported resolved, however, I'm still having this problem. I haven't associated it with a credit card download, but every time I do a One-Step update, auto reverts to upcoming.

• arch.call
    arch.call Member

This issue is not resolved, but I found if I turned off "Mobile & Web Sync" (which I don't need) the "Auto" issue is not occuring. So there is a work around if Mobile & Web Sync is not needed. Hope Quicken support can resolve this issue.

• JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    I have been tracking this bulletin here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7934520/new-5-8-23-bill-reminder-auto-enter-gone-after-syncing-to-mobile/p1?new=1

Though the bulletin says it is not affecting the behavior or auto-enter, I promise you that is not the case. All of the auto enter bills have changed to "remind me".

This issue is still happening to me today. The workaround is to disable online syncing, but that is not ideal. I can replicate it by turning off sync - it works, turning on sync- it goes back to "remind me".

Quicken has a habit of closing alerts as "resolved" when they clearly are not. This is not the first time they have done closed an issue without fixing it. The last one they did like this were performance issues, which has still not been resolved.

Having to choose between one feature and another is not a solution.
  • jkarney
    jkarney Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

After Fridays June 2nd Quicken update to build 27.1.50.5 Ver: R50.5 the issue that Quicken Support marked as resolved is not.

When adding a manual bill reminder with auto entry on that is then synced to mobile/web, the "Auto-Enter" is no longer displayed on the reminder.

I have reported this ongoing issue to Quicken Support thru the Quicken for Windows App. I'm sure other users are still having this problem.

• kgallippi
    kgallippi Member ✭✭

This is an issue for me as well. Very frustrating to keep resetting them, and having them continually revert back to manual entry.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @jkarney,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6823)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EditorScott
    EditorScott Member ✭✭
    If you don't use cloud services, disconnect from the cloud. I authored a post a few weeks back about this and hoped they would address this with the newest update. It's unresolved. It only happens when the program is connected to cloud services. I've disconnected from the cloud for the time being until they get this fixed.
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I just tested it out on 6/5/23 @ 10:02 PST and its not resolved. I set one of my bills to auto-entry 28 days before its was due so that it was marked as "Auto" in the status then synched with the web. After sync the entry status was set back to Upcoming. Have you actually rolled out the fix yet, these is a difference between fixing the ticket and deploying the fix to live web site.

[Merged Post]

• jkarney
    jkarney Member ✭✭

Thank you for the response. I reported this issue on Friday, June 2 thru the Help: report a problem as previously stated in my first post.

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    i tried the solution suggested by sgj31 and turned off the Cloud/Mobile sync. The auto reminders remain.
    However, that is not long-term solution for me.
    My other issue on the bills reminders is the credit card amount continues to revert to a "Fixed amount" rather than the "Current credit card amount" as an option in the drop down menu. This has been an issue for a while and is not fixed.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @JPJigglesworth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to still experiencing this issue after the alert has been resolved, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DotCom
    DotCom Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. I set up transactions as "auto enter to register," but they always revert to "remind me."

I use Q H&B Edition on my fully up-to-date Windows 11 PC. I use it locally ONLY; I do not sync to the cloud or to anything else, and I certainly do not use the Quicken phone app. Also, I do not use Q's fee-based billpay service.

User of Quicken for Windows Home & Business Edition since the day after Microsoft abandoned its superb Microsoft Money product.

• JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    @GreatDrivr I've been given the "It's a known issue" response for other issues I've called about. Seems like a "go-to" to get you off the phone.
  • Went to balance my accounts and noticed that I was missing tons of auto entry transactions. How does this pass QA and UAT checks to then get published? This is a major bug!

• katengel
    katengel Member ✭✭

Same Issue. I had to turn off mobile Sync to avoid this and can only use the Desktop version now. Not a good solution at all. Hope this is fixed soon.

• dglasser
    dglasser Member ✭✭

I contacted Quicken Support this afternoon per the above recommendation. They acknowledged that this issue isn't in fact resolved and their engineering team is continuing to investigate. They said that subsequent updates on the issue will be provided in the below post:

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭

I agree with you on your conclusion. However it troubles me more that Quickens seems not to be concerned enough to provide a better solution. I use both desktop Quickens version and Quickens Mobile app on other devices regularly and turning off the “sync” settings will create a bigger problem for me. I should not have to choose between Quickns desktop or mobile apps. I hope Quicken’s tech support will step up to the plate and provide a solution ASAP!

• gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    What is the point on having a yearly subscription if we are locked back to just the desktop?
  • TXAce90
    TXAce90 Member

Same issue here. I have reset each bill for the last 2 months and they keep going back. Very frustrating. Don't tell me to disable mobile, I need that. This issue is not resolved, and that certainly isn't a viable resolution.

• CaptainTeknukul
    CaptainTeknukul Member ✭✭

Same issue here. I too have reset each bill for the past couple of months whereas I select 'Automatically enter the transaction in the register'. The status will show 'Auto', but then randomly, the reminder will revert back to upcoming and the bill does NOT auto enter into the registry.

@Quicken Kristina, when will the bug be identified and corrected? Clearly this is an issue as many are reporting the bug. I've been using Quicken for the past ten years and never seen this behavior before.

I am using Quicken Subscription - Quicken Deluxe VR49.33 Build 27.1.49.33 on Win11 Enterprise.

• barrychi
    barrychi Member ✭✭
    I use my mobile app, especially when I'm on vacation, so turning off the sync is not a viable option for me.
  • spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭

Quicken Janean says this problem is resolved but it is certainly not resolved. The question I have, is it resolved in an upcoming update?

• barrychi
    barrychi Member ✭✭
    In addition I find the reminders with frequency of greater than monthly are still auto.
  • Adrian Martinez
    Adrian Martinez Member ✭✭
    This is still an issue, fix or refund a percentage of our membership. Plus, when you have an income for example marked as entering twice a month, it changes to monthly.
  • RGPowell
    RGPowell Member

This is not "an issue," it is a major failure in the system. It is now a month since the breakdown was reported and no general announcement has been made and no authenticated work around has been published nor any indication as to when the problem will be corrected. Like many other commentators, I depend on the auto-entry to record my recurring expenses and then validate them when I download my bank and credit card transaction. Without this function, my financial work has become far more time consuming and tedious. Quicken owes its users a transparent statement of the problem and a prioritized schedule for fixing it.

This discussion has been closed.