Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

@RickO - this simple solution eliminated my frustrations over the last week - TYVM!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options

All my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts don't download any new transactions.  I don't get any errors, it just shows in the Account Status window that the last download was days ago even though I know there are new transactions (I know about the new way that dates display...they only show when new items have downloaded, not the last time it connected).  

I tried un-linking then re-linking them and no luck.  (edit: this is on 4.6.4...)  I manually downloaded over $300 worth of transactions because of this.

Anthony... suggestion: before trying to import the web connect file you download into Quicken, open it with a text editor and see if you can find the transactions that you are missing. If they are not in the file, then obviously it's the bank's fault.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

Yup, there really should not be any affect on Direct Connect by the Quicken cloud, Quicken ID or Mobile. But apparently in this new update, there is some cross over that is causing some problems with Direct Connect.

I have not updated yet, but I will definitely make sure that all my connected services and mobile are OFF before updating. Fortunately, I only have Direct Connect accounts. :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

All my Wells Fargo and Chase accounts don't download any new transactions.  I don't get any errors, it just shows in the Account Status window that the last download was days ago even though I know there are new transactions (I know about the new way that dates display...they only show when new items have downloaded, not the last time it connected).  

I tried un-linking then re-linking them and no luck.  (edit: this is on 4.6.4...)  I manually downloaded over $300 worth of transactions because of this.

In the past I have noticed instances where the QFX download did not show a particular transaction when imported but when I checked the QFX file I did see the transaction.  Doesn't happen that often but enough to make me check my bank statement against the import..  I do not recall it happening to Q 2017.  I did report to Quicken.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options

Gasport... that's likely because the transaction id was already used and Quicken thinks it's already imported it. That's the reverse of what I was suggesting above: transaction missing from the file in the first place.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Having major problems. After setting up my new Quicken ID and attempting to sync the app crashes. After a few more attempts and a few more crashes it eventually stays open without crashing but I have MONTHS of transactions no longer reconciled, with missing categories, missing split details, etc.  

I didn't want to go back and fix all these transactions so I restored from a backup. Same process, I connect to my new Quicken ID, crashes, months of lost transaction categorization/splits/etc.

Please let me know when this will be resolved and I'll try again.

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

RickO, do you think turning off all connections before upgrading will help prevent some of the problems people have been experiencing? It would be "nice" if the developers had/would provide a recommended procedure for updating that would have the greatest chance of success.
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

RCinNJ... I really don't know, but I am definitely going to do it as a precaution. Can't hurt, might help. I just turned on Mobile and noticed that I still had some alerts checked, so I turned those off and then turned Mobile back off.

I think tomorrow will be the day I'm updating. Maybe I'm overly worried about this, but my Direct Connect with Bill Pay checking account cannot be re-connected if it gets turned off due to an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank. So fingers crossed that it remains active during the update.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Marcus, will you be posting clear & praise instructions as to how this is implemented for folks?

Marcus, 'clear & precise' would mean a step by step procedure that is most likely to lead to a smooth transition. There is speculation that disconnecting all accounts and mobile before updating will help. (see RickO's post above this one from yesterday). Can you please comment! 

Also, this thread has become too long and convoluted to be of much use. A new post which summarizes all procedures for upgrading, and fixes if things go wrong, would be very helpful.

Or is this such a mess that Quicken has no idea how to help users with the simple change to a new server?! 
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

RickO, it certainly makes sense to me to give this a try! Also, see my message to Marcus just below.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Why not even wait until after 9/30 and even do some loading with QFX (or dare I say even manual entries) for a little while until the dust settles?
    (Or maybe QFX will not work...hmmm, so manual entry ony?)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Bill pay, for one.
  • jgleigh
    jgleigh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm unable to connect to one of my Fidelity Netbenefits accounts after the 4.6.4 upgrade. I have two accounts under the same username and it will not recognize the second one now. It keeps saying the account number isn't valid. It finds the account, but once I click continue and it tries to update the account it generates an error.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I haven't upgraded yet, but in the last few days, when I update accounts, I have begun getting an error message about a "mobile sync error" even though I don't use mobile and I have it turned off in preferences. Downloading from accounts etc. is working as it should so for me this is a totally bogus error message. Even though I am on 4.5.8 I am reporting this here since I think it s likely related to changes that are related to 4.6.4 and issues being experienced by users who have upgraded.

On the plus side, the QM reported online balance for my checking account is correct for the first time in many, many months. Maybe also related to changes made for the update even though I haven't installed it yet?
  • RickO
    edited August 2018
    Options
    V4.6.4 update report: I updated to 4.6.4 this morning and I'm happy to report that everything seems to have gone smoothly. I have to say, I was a bit nervous when I saw this during the database update:

Why would transaction amounts need fixing, or need to change? But after the update, all of my 35 accounts matched to the penny with the balances prior to the update.

I only have Direct Connect accounts and I made sure Mobile and alerts were turned off prior to the update.

Direct Connect updates: All 18 of my Direct Connect accounts continue to update properly. These include accounts at 7 financial institutions: Citizens Bank, UFB Bank, Citibank (credit cards only), Chase Bank (credit cards only), American Express, Fidelity Investments and TIAA. 

Passcode via Text Message: I did not have any problems receiving the login passcode via text message.

Linked Transfers: I did not have any problems with the categories (other than Transfer) getting changed for transactions with transfers as reported here: Linked
    transfers using category field
    . I will expand on this at that post.

Old version usage: After updating (and converting to Quicken ID) on my iMac, I was still able to run 4.5.8 on my laptop and was still able to update Direct Connect accounts. As mentioned, I don't use Quicken Connect or Mobile, which I suspect would not have continued to work in 4.5.8. Further, in the limited time I used 4.5.8 after the update, I did not do anything that triggered the "call home" login procedure, which I think would probably have failed as well.

Citizens Bank:  Good news! New Citizens Bank - Mid Alt Consumer accounts can now be linked for Direct Connect download. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year. It's possible that it coincidentally got fixed, but I strongly suspect that the update to Quicken ID somehow fixed it.

I feel bad for those who have or are still having problems with the update. I realize this post doesn't help solve those problems. As Marcus has pointed out, every user's combination of data and services used is unique and can result in unanticipated glitches. I do believe, however, that the vast majority of those that have updated have not had problems.
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I received the QM2017 4.6.0/4.6.1 update this afternoon (2017-09-14).

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

What once took one or two minutes now takes five to ten minutes.

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.

Quicken Marcus:  I apologize for the delay in responding but my Mac Pro (Early 2008) had a fatal hardware failure and I had to purchase an iMac with 27" Retina display to replace it plus a bunch of enclosures for mounting disks.  i am sort of up and running.

The new Quicken asynchronous (background) update method is extremely annoying.  I don't use Quicken Mobile and don't keep Quicken constantly running on my home system.  I run Quicken once each evening at approximately 1900 PT to ensure that all my financial institutions have completed posting the day's transactions.

My first step is to "Update All Online Accounts".  The next step is to review and verify that Quicken has downloaded and recorded all transactions from my financial institutions.  After reviewing any downloaded transactions and verifying the Quicken account balances match those of my financial institutions, I create manual register entries for any checks that i write to pay bills before quitting Quicken.

As I don't use Quicken Mobile, I only have 3 Quicken Connect credit union accounts that are synchronized through the Quicken Cloud.  Under the old update method, my Quicken Connect accounts would be updated within a minute.  With the new update method it takes 3-5 minutes for the updates to complete.

One of the more irritating aspects of the new update methodology is that there is no positive indication that Quicken Connect updates have been completed.  The Account Status window provides a positive indication that your Direct Connect transactions have completed along with the number of transactions downloaded.  Unfortunately, for Quicken Connect accounts, you will only know that the downloads have completed if a transaction was downloaded.

Reporting the last time that transactions were downloaded for a Quicken Connect account in the Account Status window is totally useless information.  I would much rather have the Account Status window report that no Quicken Connect transactions were downloaded today than have it report that the last transaction downloaded for my Regular Share account was on 31 August when the account's interest was deposited.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

V4.6.4 update report: I updated to 4.6.4 this morning and I'm happy to report that everything seems to have gone smoothly. I have to say, I was a bit nervous when I saw this during the database update:

Why would transaction amounts need fixing, or need to change? But after the update, all of my 35 accounts matched to the penny with the balances prior to the update.

I only have Direct Connect accounts and I made sure Mobile and alerts were turned off prior to the update.

Direct Connect updates: All 18 of my Direct Connect accounts continue to update properly. These include accounts at 7 financial institutions: Citizens Bank, UFB Bank, Citibank (credit cards only), Chase Bank (credit cards only), American Express, Fidelity Investments and TIAA. 

Passcode via Text Message: I did not have any problems receiving the login passcode via text message.

Linked Transfers: I did not have any problems with the categories (other than Transfer) getting changed for transactions with transfers as reported here: Linked

Old version usage: After updating (and converting to Quicken ID) on my iMac, I was still able to run 4.5.8 on my laptop and was still able to update Direct Connect accounts. As mentioned, I don't use Quicken Connect or Mobile, which I suspect would not have continued to work in 4.5.8. Further, in the limited time I used 4.5.8 after the update, I did not do anything that triggered the "call home" login procedure, which I think would probably have failed as well.

Citizens Bank:  Good news! New Citizens Bank - Mid Alt Consumer accounts can now be linked for Direct Connect download. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year. It's possible that it coincidentally got fixed, but I strongly suspect that the update to Quicken ID somehow fixed it.

I feel bad for those who have or are still having problems with the update. I realize this post doesn't help solve those problems. As Marcus has pointed out, every user's combination of data and services used is unique and can result in unanticipated glitches. I do believe, however, that the vast majority of those that have updated have not had problems.

nice  :-D

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I upgraded to 4.6.4 a few days ago & continue to have problems. I use direct connect for my chase account & it didn't recognize some of the transactions I entered manually. I have duplicated transactions which are listed as uncategorized & keep coming back every time I update online account (whether I do all accounts or the selected account) no matter how many times i delete them. I also use direct connect with 2 citibank credit cards & those accounts are even worse. I've been using quicken for 20 years & I've spent many hours trying to fix this. I've restored from older files & I don't want to keep spending time trying to fix this.  Quicken needs to fix the bugs & send a new version (4.6.5).
  • Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

When will this update be available for Quicken 2017? I haven't received any updates when starting Quicken.  When checking updates in menu it says my current version (4.5.8) is the most current.  I am having a lot of trouble with Quicken right now!!!!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I received the QM2017 4.6.0/4.6.1 update this afternoon (2017-09-14).

There is a minor issue when launching QM2017 4.61 if one has an existing Quicken ID that is different from the Intuit ID used in your QM2017 4.5.8 database.  It complains when you enter your Quicken ID that the ID is already in use.  At least it does provide a second log in window that has a link at the bottom that allows you to use your existing Quicken ID.

My biggest issue with QM2017 4.6.1 is the asynchronous background updates.  There is no positive indication that Quicken has completed any task that the user has initiated.

Without any positive indication that Quicken has completed an operation, I find that I now have to log into my credit union's and brokerage's web sites to determine whether Quicken has downloaded all of the transactions that occurred. 

What once took one or two minutes now takes five to ten minutes.

Quicken could have spent some time fixing all of the bugs that remain in the investment logic.  When will the Day's Gain/Loss be reported correctly?  The amount reported is always wrong when the investment account(s) hold shares of Unit Investment Trusts, shares of an investment -grade CD, US Treasury and GSE bonds.

What about Quicken's assumption that all dividends and interest are taxable income?  The TXF files generated by Quicken are simply wrong due to these assumptions.

Yes, at the very least I would recommend an optional dialog box at the end of every background sync to report results, good or bad.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

I upgraded as well yesterday, after first placing a copy of the app and data file on my external hard drive.  Belts and Braces ...

The upgrade was flawless.  Everything was perfect except for two duplicate entries [one wells checking, the other Chase VIsa] which were really my fault. [ I had entered them manually and the banks just didn't recognise that] 

I didn't have to change or do a thing with any accounts [Quicken Connect for Wells Checking, Chase and Citi CCs] and DIrect Connect for brokerage at Vanguard, UBS, and Wells.  I just hit the upgrade button and everything came back fine.  It appears that I am connecting and downloading normally, as balances change and match those at the banks.

But I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow the whole thing goes haywire!

My thanks to all you poor suckers who served as guinea pigs over the past month and suffered misery for the those of us who had the good sense to wait.  Hate to be cynical, but there it is.  If there is an anthem or flag for you guys,  I'll stand!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    LB522 said:

Appreciate the Quicken team, especially Marcus, for working through the weekend to support Quicken customers through the roll out.   I'm sure it feels like a thankless role, so, we thank you. 

Are there release notes published for 4.6?

So far 2 hours waiting on the phone over the last two days and i can't reach anyone. With this new role out you'd think you'd at least have a few more people helping out. I migrated and it was fine, but now i'm locked out of the program; won't recognize my password. I changed it on the website and still no go.
  • Mathew Rossi
    Mathew Rossi Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for insights.  One thing I noticed when I updated to the latest version...the transfers from my bank account to my credit card accounts don't show in the credit card accounts registers.  But when I perform a search, it finds it, and I notice it DOES include it in the CC accounts balance. How do I get it to show in the main register view of the CC accounts?  Is this a "bug" that I should report to Quicken?
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for insights.  One thing I noticed when I updated to the latest version...the transfers from my bank account to my credit card accounts don't show in the credit card accounts registers.  But when I perform a search, it finds it, and I notice it DOES include it in the CC accounts balance. How do I get it to show in the main register view of the CC accounts?  Is this a "bug" that I should report to Quicken?

Confirm you don't have any active filters or anything entered in the search box. If not, you are saying that the destination end of the transfer transaction acts as though it's hidden in the CC account? But when you search the CC register it shows up? 

If you look at the running balance in the CC account on that date, does it jump by the amount of the payment even though the payment isn't showing? 

If this it's what's happening, it does sound like a bug or maybe some corruption in your database. I would contact Quicken Support Quicken Support about it.
This discussion has been closed.