[Can] there be a way to have multiple Quicken data files open at the same time? (Q Mac)

Bud27
Bud27 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 3 in Product Enhancements
I manage finances for a couple of family members, so I have 3 Quicken data files. I recently moved from [Removed] back to Quicken after many years. In [Removed] I could have all of the data files open at the same time, each with its own window. That was useful because there are transactions to record that affect multiple user accounts (e.g., one person paying the other for something). I would do that very often in [Removed] Now I can't seem to do that anymore so I can't copy/paste an amount easily from one user account to another, or copy a payee name without opening/closing each data file to go back and forth. Now I have to complete the work in one data file, close it, open the next one and remember (or make a separate note to copy from). Another example is a joint account that exists in two data files because it belongs to both users' set of accounts, but requires manual update (no available transaction downloads). I can't switch back and forth easily to update an identical transaction in both files.
Any chance a feature Quicken update would support multiple data files open simultaneously?
50 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review 3 Sep 23 - CBT-170-CTP-7673

Comments