Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Options

Answers

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for the explanation. Yes, that appears to be exactly what is going on now for me. And my Chase account does have the "Bank Online Bill Pay" turned on in Quicken (and Quicken Bill Pay Manager off). At least, even with this error showing, I am still getting the correct transaction downloads and account balances through Quicken. So I can probably ignore error message for now. Worst case, I can shut of bank bill pay in Quicken - inconvenient but not a big deal for me. And I'm following that announcement that you referenced in the interim. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @Lewis Bernstein - this error is totally in the hands of Chase.  It is not a Quicken error.  Quicken can only alert Chase and give us updates on Chase's progress, but again, it is Chase's error.  Quicken is helping Chase to get the issue resolved.  
  • weshough
    weshough Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    For the past several days I am receiving error message 393-A after my online update for one financial institution (Chase Bank). Although the error message states the accounts with Chase are not updating, it appears that they actually are being updated. However, at the top of the account transaction window, where normally it shows the date and time of the most recent update, this is empty.
  • DKNY
    DKNY Member
    Options
    @CaveCreek your solution totally worked for me thanks for taking the time to post it
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bobandsherry82 I have observed that when you setup a Chase checking account for Direct Connect, the Bill Pay option is automatically turned on.  You don't have to do anything to turn it on.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a screenshot of my Chase account detail->Online Services Tab
    I have used Chase's Bill Pay for years and never got this 393 error.  strange,  my Chase accounts all update properly, but since 5/09/22 I get this 393 error message.  Like I said earlier, disconcerting.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @Jerry Pederson for the people that are actually using the Chase Bill Pay the best you can do is report the problem as this announcement states.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a

Since this broke only for Chase Bill Pay, and for users no matter what version, and it is Direct Connect, which means that Quicken talks directly to Chase for this, the problem is on the Chase side, and they will have to fix it.  But it seems that Quicken Inc might be gathering the information from users logs to help Chase identify the problem.  (Or maybe just to satisfy people that they are "doing something", when in reality they can't do anything, because it is out of their control).
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tried the usual OSU for Chase - today Wednesday 5/11/22 - and it WORKED.... as it normally should.
    Downloaded any transactions, and uploaded a Bill Payment - NO Error - and checked on the Chase website for the Bill pending...
    SO... at least for me - as I didn't change the Online Setup, just waited a few days - and for me, it is working again -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lewis Bernstein said: [Removed - Disruptive]  The error is OL-393-A
    There is an ongoing Chase OL-393 thread AND Alert - and have suggested this posting be merged into that one...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• William Fee
    William Fee Member ✭✭
    Options
    How can I fix the connection?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    And …. It’s back - to the OL-393 error.
    So - no error this morning, and was just waiting for dust to settle - made NO changes -
    and now in the afternoon the error message is back,
    but with complete upload/download of transactions.
    Weird - I get the downloaded banking transactions,
    along with the uploaded Bill Payments - and then also get the OL-393 error message. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Signature:
  • Cyril
    Cyril Member
    Options
    Deactivating Bank Bill Pay restored my direct download without error. I don't use it and do my payments from Chase website. It was frustrating when I couldn't get my transactions for several days. Now it works!
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No issue with TD bank since Mondo update a couple weeks back. Chase did perform Bill Pay and Transfers between Checking & Savings, as usual, BUT, there is still the OL-393-A Error persists.
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • Yoramariel
    Yoramariel Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am receiving OL-393-A error upon downloading Chase data when "Bring My Payment Information Up To Date" is checked. When unchecked, no error. Transactions are downloaded in either case.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am receiving OL-393-A error upon downloading Chase data when "Bring My Payment Information Up To Date" is checked. When unchecked, no error. Transactions are downloaded in either case.
    Read @Quicken Janean answer, and click the link "here".
    Signature:
  • MarcStone
    MarcStone Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem still exists several days later. Transactions download, but the error messages continues to display. It's as if Quicken software doesn't see the data downloading.
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting Chase 393A error. But transactions were downloading OK. Turned off "Bank Bill Pay" . No more error. Thanks
  • bartsot
    bartsot Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been getting the OL-393 for 4 days now, BUT I just set up a payment using the (Quicken) online center as I normally do, and the payment instruction went through to Chase even though I got the error message. Checked that it arrived at Chase using the Chase web site.
  • ssc2755
    ssc2755 Member
    Options
    :/ For the last week, I have been unable to sync my bank info with CHASE. Please fix this soon or I will have to end my subscription. :/
  • ssc2755
    ssc2755 Member
    Options
    I cannot continue using Quicken if I cannot get access to my bank accounts at Chase.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi @MarcStone,

I am sorry that this issue is still happening. Can you clarify if you are using Direct Connect Bill pay? If you do not use Direct Connect Bill pay, then we suggest that you disable it. This should resolve the error.

However, if you do use Direct Connect, then please do not disable Direct Connect Bill pay. We ask that you go to Help > Report a problem to send us your logs files and add 'Attn: CTP-3750' to the title/subject line. 

I am sorry for the trouble caused.

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cheez1950
    cheez1950 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Deactivating Bill Pay worked for me.
  • Dayzee
    Dayzee Member ✭✭
    Options
    How can I stop getting OL-393-A error message on my Chase account? Everything was working fine until a few day ago.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Options
    Granted deactivating Bill Pay puts a bandaid on a problem that still needs to be resolved.  It is time for Quicken to step up to the plate and resolve this problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Granted deactivating Bill Pay puts a bandaid on a problem that still needs to be resolved.  It is time for Quicken to step up to the plate and resolve this problem.
    They can't.  It is a Chase problem.
    Signature:
  • Jerry Pederson
    Options

Then Quicken should contact Chase.  Quicken is our service provider.  We pay for the service to be error-free (for the most part).  It is Quicken's software that needs to interface with Chase's programs/software. Quicken s/b leading the way and getting this resolved.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then Quicken should contact Chase.  Quicken is our service provider.  We pay for the service to be error-free (for the most part).  It is Quicken's software that needs to interface with Chase's programs/software. Quicken s/b leading the way and getting this resolved.

I'm sure that has already been done.  But after contacting them and pointing it out, which many Chase customers have already done.  What do you expect?  Quicken Inc and dictate to Chase on when they should get something fixed.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.