Options

Comments

• Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bob said:

@ Quicken Marcus,

I'm afraid I have to amend my earlier report of a largely flawless migration to QM 2017 v4.6.2 last night to report problems with three Direct Connect accounts I didn't notice until today: 

1. My Wells Fargo bank accounts all transitioned flawlessly, but my WF home mortgage and HELOC will not connect. I've gone through the process to add them but receive this error notice: Sync Error Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. Error code: ccwebbrowser.530. I reported this earlier. 

2. My Costco credit card won't Direct Connect and goes to Quicken Connect, but doesn't do anything at all when I update all or just this account. Quicken allows me to go through the process to Change Connection Type and it appears to work: Quicken queries Capital One for a 2nd-level security code and allows me to enter it, displays the correct card# and account to link, etc. I've tried to Deactivate Downloads and set up Direct Connect from scratch with the same result. Both attempts ended with the account still connected via Quicken Connect and no downloads happening. 

3. This last is the most baffling: Only one of two Chase credit cards transitioned correctly, i.e. to Direct Connect, and downloads transactions smoothly. The other account, which worked in Direct Connect in v.4.5.8, says it's connected in Quicken Connect, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I download. Same user name and p/w for both Chase accounts. I've turned off downloads and gone through the process of setting up Direct Connect. Quicken queries Chase for a 2nd level security code, I receive it and enter it, Quicken identifies the correct credit card, allows me to link it to the correct account in Quicken and the process appears to be syncing with Chase, but the account comes back as still connected via Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect.

These Direct Connect accounts were all functioning in v.4.5.8 36 hours ago. 

Yes, I'd seen the earlier posts. First thing I checked.
  • Bob@63
    Bob@63 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @ Quicken Marcus: There does seem to be an issue with the upgrade and subsequent problems with Direct Connect downloads. Personally, I have 11 accounts in various institutions (checking, savings, credit cards, retirement and brokerage). All downloaded perfectly with Direct Connect for years. Since the upgrade, nine accounts transitioned to v.4.6.2 and are working fine. 

However, two accounts changed from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect and no longer connect and download transactions (according to the Account Status window). I've tried a number of different approaches, including Change Connection Type and Deactivate Downloads and Set Up Transaction Downloads. To no avail. The result is that the account preferences show that Quicken Connect is active and no downloads occur. The Account Status window shows no connection since before the update to v.4.6.2 (Build 46.19020.100). Curiously, one of the accounts that failed to transition is one of two Chase credit cards that share the same ID and password on the Chase website. Both had worked fine for years in v.4.5.8. 

I've deactivated downloads for the time being and am hoping for at least an acknowledgement that the problem has been noted. I'll use manual downloads for now. 

Thanks for the help. I know you're under the gun right now. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

Fairly major updates on QMac? I wait a few weeks and see... Then backup my backup and test. :-/

(I wait a few weeks on my iOS releases as well before updating.)
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marty said:

After waiting for the update to 4.6.2, I was offered it yesterday. I did not apply it, however, out of caution, since many of the updates in recent times have been buggy. Today, I checked again, and the update is no longer available. Has it been pulled?

@Marty BTW, any post you make ANYWHERE in this thread gets distributed to all who are following it so you only need to post a comment/reply once on a thread. Just FYI.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Does 4.6 require Direct Connect accounts to be deactivated and reactivated? I ask because there's an ongoing issue with Citizens Bank new accounts not being able to be set up in 4.5.8. Pre-existing account setups continue to work fine. If deactivation is required, then it is likely that existing Citizens Bank Direct Connect account will not be able to be re-connected. This will break direct connect and bill pay for a fairly large number of users, I suspect.

I up-dated to 4.6.2 on my iMac when prompted--all OK. I have not been prompted to do so on my MacBook Pro and cannot get the up-date. However, I now cannot copy and restore from the IMac to the MBP nor can I download account info on my MBP.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

I had a similar problem two days ago (see the exchange further below in this thread). You can either call a customer care agent and ask for the 4.6.2 dmg file to install the program on your MBP--now that they have express instructions to share, once they have verified your identity--or just use dropbox or iCloud or USB drive to copy the version you have on your iMac to your MBP. I followed the latter option (coming from my MacBookAir to my iMac) and all was well thereafter. 
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

With the update (4.6.2), most of my credit card account switched themselves from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect. If I try to set them up again, there is no option for Direct Connect. How can I switch them back? Thanks
  • David A
    David A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not to be another "me too" post, but, my Quicken for Mac 2017 updated to 4.6.2 on Friday 9-15 and ever since then, 2 accounts (AppleVisa & Vantage West CU) no longer update through Quicken connect. My 1 other account (BECU) is direct connect and is updating without issue. I was able to re-download/setup the problem accounts and link them to the originals but they still don't update when using the update button, and last update shown was 9-15, pre 4.6.2. I don't use, and it's not activated, Mobile Quicken. I now know I'm not alone as I see a lot of folks are having this same issue after this last quicken update. I'm posting this because I don't want you guys to get tunnel vision and simply think this is only a "big bank" problem. It seems to be tied to any account that updated via Quicken Connect. My question is when will there be a fix for this? Support and communication is abysmal and if one doesn't know to check this forum, they're in the dark and on their own. How about putting out an email blast letting everyone know there is a problem and they're not crazy. Would save countless hours of users fiddling with the files and potentially causing more issues. That would be more useful instead of the endless sales blasts from you guys asking me to upgrade to other Quicken products.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ever since upgrading to v4.6 I've had lots of issues. First, I needed to restore quicken. When I upgraded to 4.6.2 it stopped downloading all transactions from my financial institutions (chase & citibank). I don't want to deactivate my accounts as when I did this before, it lost my data. Need help.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ever since upgrading to v4.6 I've had lots of issues. First, I needed to restore quicken. When I upgraded to 4.6.2 it stopped downloading all transactions from my financial institutions (chase & citibank). I don't want to deactivate my accounts as when I did this before, it lost my data. Need help.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Kurt... me too. However, this one has a deadline since Intuit IDs are going to stop working on Sept 30. So unless that deadline gets extended, we may be forced to update sooner than we normally would if we want to keep our online bank connections working.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

@Marcus (& @RickO, but also @Smayer97)

Thank you for all your work in resolving these 4.6.x issues. There are enough that I'm holding off on the update.

Will 4.5.x (4.5.8 in my case on a MBPro) users be required to update to 4.6.x within a certain amount of time, perhaps before the more pressing/major issues are resolved?

Thanks again! :)

----------

(I'm particularly concerned about the new Intuit -> Quicken username/id and pwd change, partially with the problems the side of my credit union.)
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

I have changed the connection type from "quicken connect" to "direct connect" and that got Chase, American Express and Citi Cards. Bank of America could not be done because it doesn't give me the option to change to "direct connect"

Did you click the Options button during setup? Are you sure you have the correct bank selected? 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I just referenced you in a comment/question at the beginning of this post regarding the need to upgrade to 4.6.x.

Hopefully the deadline requiring users to update will be extending! :)

Thanks again for all your help with QMac. (I've about reached my end with Quicken, it's too time consuming :-/ )
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

My understanding is that after Sept 30, 4.5.8 will continue to work, but you will not be able to:
    • Create a new file
    • Make changes to your account (on Quicken.com)
    • Download transactions
    • Use the mobile app
    From the release notes:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-mac-release-notes
  • Ron Morris
    Ron Morris Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Shane R said:

Upgraded to v4.6 and I can no longer update any of my accounts via Accounts-> Update all Online accounts, even after spending an hour with support.  I Have to create new and then link each time for Capital One 360, There is an issue connecting to Emigrant Direct and I cannot update or add new for this bank.  This is so frustrating!

I am unable to download Wells Fargo and Chase account data.  When I click the icon to update accounts, the "Account Status" window appears immediately.  It seems like it's not even trying to download.  I installed 4.6.2 yesterday and if I recall correctly, Quicken asked for my username and password during the upgrade.  Guess that means the migration tool executed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

@ RickeO

Ugh :-/ . 

Thank you RickO for this! Although disheartening as it makes Quicken mostly useless for me without even more extra work, I'm trusting Quicken will do what appears to the right thing and extend the deadline.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

@Marcus,

Can Quicken for Mac please extend this deadline?

Or is that not possible for internal reasons (Quicken <-> Intuit change, etc)?

Thank you!
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

I don't have any inside info, but not sure if extending the deadline can happen. Quicken's agreement with Intuit to provide the back end support expires Sept 30. So Quicken would have to negotiate an extension with Intuit. I have no idea if that's feasible in the next 12 days.
  • JSH56
    JSH56 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Is Quicken for Windows having to go through this transition, or are they still remaining part of Intuit?
  • RickO
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Yes it is:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/fyi-upcoming-action-required-critical-updates-fo...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marty said:

After waiting for the update to 4.6.2, I was offered it yesterday. I did not apply it, however, out of caution, since many of the updates in recent times have been buggy. Today, I checked again, and the update is no longer available. Has it been pulled?

My apologies.  I submitted the comment twice previously, but at that
    point a blank tab opened up on my browser, and when I went back to the
    original page there was no indication that the comments had been posted.
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JG0158 said:

Yes - seems that one by one Direct Connect is becoming available. Still grayed out for USBank and Barclaycard for me. I was able to change to Direct Connect for Chase and Citi after waiting and re-trying. Will continue to slog on for the next couple of days. I don't really have that many accounts affected at this point.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

Wow, that bad. Bummer.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have one account that connects after the upgrade to 4.6.2, it is a direct connect account.  None of my other accounts work, all of which appear to be Quicken connect accounts.  I have tried to reset the connection type on several accounts, they all remain Quicken connections no matter what I do.  Also, the links to connect to support don't do anything, they don't lead to a website or open an email, which is really frustrating when things are not working...I shouldn't have to wander the internet and create a support account to say I'm having issues!

There was never an option to reset accounts or any notification of a need to do anything during the installation process, I created the new Quicken ID and that was the only thing that happened during the setup.  At the moment, my banking connections are almost all dead, and that's something that shouldn't have happened...this needs to be fixed pronto, and why the release did this to people's accounts needs to be understood so it never happens again.
  • JoeV
    JoeV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

I have one account that connects after the upgrade to 4.6.2, it is a direct connect account.  None of my other accounts work, all of which appear to be Quicken connect accounts.  I have tried to reset the connection type on several accounts, they all remain Quicken connections no matter what I do.  Also, the links to connect to support don't do anything, they don't lead to a website or open an email, which is really frustrating when things are not working...I shouldn't have to wander the internet and create a support account to say I'm having issues!

There was never an option to reset accounts or any notification of a need to do anything during the installation process, I created the new Quicken ID and that was the only thing that happened during the setup.  At the moment, my banking connections are almost all dead, and that's something that shouldn't have happened...this needs to be fixed pronto, and why the release did this to people's accounts needs to be understood so it never happens again.

I am in the same boat.  I ran the update on my IMAC and nothing worked.  I re-installed Quicken 2017 and now I am totally dead in the water.  This is unacceptable.  I may have to find something other than Quicken to do my finances.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

Anyone tried Banktivity 6? (It only runs on Sierra and higher, but I haven't upgraded yet - although I will soon now!)
  • Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Reed said:

I used to use Banktivity 5, and it was OK. 6 is supposed to be much better. I'll have to look into it if Q doesn't fix stuff this week
This discussion has been closed.