8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Now that it is September, my August budget is gone and my September budget isn’t of much value yet since I have no spending this month.

It would be great to be able to look back at my August budget to look at the full August results and recategorize any mistakes.

Please allow us to flip to earlier months’ budgets like Mint’s app does.

Desktop is Quicken Premier 2017 on Windows 10. Mobile is iOS app version 5.0.49 (38.11143.4012).

Adding to my suggestion on budgets, this is a bug. On my Quicken Mobile im the budget the $x Left, $x Under, and $x Over are wrong in just about every category.

The amount spent is fine and matches the desktop budget amount spent.

The 'out of' dollar amount is totally wrong on every one that I've compared. The dollar amount shown is sometimes higher than the budgeted amount and sometimes lower. It doesn't not match any numbers on the desktop budget screen when looking at any given category. I'd expect to see the number match the To Date column in the desktop budget, correct?

So for something I've spent on this month, I have something like:
    $1 out of $3    $2 Left
    The $1 is correct but the $3 and $2 are wrong in all cases.

If this isn't happening in general, Quicken support ask me for my desktop and mobile budget data and I'll send it however you want it.

Also, in what order are the categories shown in the mobile budget? On the first budget screen they groups are in the opposite order as my desktop budget. Once I tap into PERSONAL EXPENSES, the categories are in some order I can't even determine. Not by amount spent, left, over, or alpha. Must be some order but it isn't obvious and doesn't match the desktop app at all.
    -Jay
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Now that it is September, my August budget is gone and my September budget isn’t of much value yet since I have no spending this month.

It would be great to be able to look back at my August budget to look at the full August results and recategorize any mistakes.

Q Mobile 5.0.49 is known to have several bugs.  That's why it was pulled from download.

Revert to 5.0.35, the last version in General Release, if you can.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Just checked and 5.1.0 is now up for iOS devices. Release notes are exactly the same as 5.0.49.
    Also, in what order are the categories shown in the mobile budget? On
    the first budget screen they groups are in the opposite order as my
    desktop budget. Once I tap into PERSONAL EXPENSES, the categories are in
    some order I can't even determine. Not by amount spent, left, over, or
    alpha. Must be some order but it isn't obvious and doesn't match the
    desktop app at all.
    Seeing the same behavior; no rhyme nor reason to the ordering.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Google Play is still showing 5.0.35 as of right now.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Do you have rollover budget turned on by any chance?
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Definitely yes rollover is on for most categories. I think that budgeting without rollover is basically useless. (If I spend $10,000 on shopping when my budget is $200 for a month, wiping out that info the next month by not rolling over is going to get me broke fast!)

I've upgraded to iOS version 5.1.0 and the budget is no better for the budget balance values or ordering of categories.
    -Jay
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Still no fix in this version. Using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo, the iOS mobile app error still exists. It asks for my WF credentials but entering them does nothing to solve the error

Just a FYI: I received another update in the last couple of days ie- 5.1.0 (38.11229.4012). The Connectivity error still exists for my 3 USAA accounts and swiping to fix still results in an unable to connect to USAA at this time . . . message
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Still no fix in this version. Using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo, the iOS mobile app error still exists. It asks for my WF credentials but entering them does nothing to solve the error

I also checked Wells Fargo (with Direct Connect) and still have the same issue with login errors on the iOS mobile app.
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Used to work with Wells Fargo but now it does not.  ALSO, attachment photos of receipts taken with the phone's camera are too small.  Hopefully you plan to allow us to click on the tiny photo and make it full screen.  Also the attachment used to be saved with other Android photos when it was made with the phone's camera.  Now it is nowhere to be found which would be OK if it could be enlarged for viewing.  Also I had to keep tapping stuff to figure out how to see my transactions in a particular account.  But I appreciate the effort.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    Just downloaded V5.1.0 mobile app, as in previous version the the data is clipped  in multiple screens. Looks to be some sort of formatting problem with the mobile app.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Just downloaded V5.1.0 mobile app, as in previous version the the data is clipped  in multiple screens. Looks to be some sort of formatting problem with the mobile app.

Could you post a screen shot of that? Just curious what that looks like. I don't think anyone else has reported that.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Another user posted a similar problem a few weeks ago. Here is what it looks likeimage
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    Reviewed split transactions on the mobile app..I assume this is a known issue? Splits not allocated correctly & $$ amounts not correct. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018

What device are you currently seeing this issue on?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018

Used to work with Wells Fargo but now it does not.  ALSO, attachment photos of receipts taken with the phone's camera are too small.  Hopefully you plan to allow us to click on the tiny photo and make it full screen.  Also the attachment used to be saved with other Android photos when it was made with the phone's camera.  Now it is nowhere to be found which would be OK if it could be enlarged for viewing.  Also I had to keep tapping stuff to figure out how to see my transactions in a particular account.  But I appreciate the effort.

Can you please tell us what is the error you are facing with your Wells Fargo account. Perhaps a screenshot would help us debug this issue. Please mail it to mobilefeedback@quicken.com
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018

Thanks for reporting, We are looking into it. Is that an iPad? 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

iPad & iPhone
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

To help Quicken staff troubleshoot the issue, can you tell them, and us, the Text Size you are using?

This is set in TWO places on the latest iOS 11.4.1:

1. Settings: Display & Brightness: Text Size.

2. Settings: General: Accessibility: Larger Text: Larger Accessability Sizes. If this is set to ON then there are 12 steps of text size which can be set at the bottom of that screen.

No matter what the text size is set to, a correctly programmed app will either adjust its layout to show all the text without clipping anything or will, for a specific element on the screen, show the largest text size it can fit without clipping that given element.

You can say, for example, “my text size is set to 7th largest out of 12 steps.”

What size text are you using?
    -Jay
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

My text size is set to 9th largest out of 12. I will back it off a few , see what happens. BTW very good input as you stated a good app should compensate this
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Reduced the size by 3 sizes. Works fine but as you State still an issue
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Reviewed split transactions on the mobile app..I assume this is a known issue? Splits not allocated correctly & $$ amounts not correct. 

Changing the text size seems have solved the issue with the splits all set with that one
  • crazykz
    crazykz Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Conner said:

The Apple Ap Store only lists the old version of "Quicken 5.0.19" which I already have installed on my iPhone not the new release you noted above.

is the Investing part of the app supposed to work?  I have investments setup on the Windows app, but when I click on the investment section of the mobile app, it just tells me how to actiivate it.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Just connected a WF account to the mobile, same issue as others, cannot connect , direct connect is the issue . Data seems to have downloaded correctly to the mobile app.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Playing around with this WF Account on the mobile app; I note the register stops mid May 2017. Is this how it’s supposed to work or is the data being limited by the apps inability to connect to WF?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Still same issue with connecting Wells Fargo in the mobile. Direct Connect.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

@KB.. How many yrs of data do you show on your WF mobile register?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

It’s showing the last 12 months in the mobile app
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

My register went back to May 2017. Perhaps the Quicken folks can advise how much history the app is set to show
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018

Hi there,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are working with WF & the aggregators to get this resolved. We will keep you posted on the same once we have an update. Request you to try performing an update in a few days. 

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Thank you for looking into this further. Also here is a screenshot of what the Wells Fargo error looks like. image
This discussion has been closed.