8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

1234568»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Deleting Quicken for Mobile.  Too frustrating.  Now, can't get entries made on the mobile app to sync or even update to Quicken.  Account is selected and when new entries come in from the credit card they show up in Quicken mobile so they do talk.  Just always loved having the receipt right out of the gas pump reader and immediately entering it  along with a pic of the receipt, right on the mobile before I pulled away.  Wait for it to reconcile on the desktop then dispose with the receipt.  Now, not even that.  This is probably the main reason I even went to Quicken several years ago.  We use Concur at work and I can upload business receipts very dependably.  Concur even reads vendors, costs, tax amounts, splits out hotel room charges.  Never ever expected Quicken to do that but for crying out loud, sync my receipt to my desktop please!!!!!  Just, go back to early September and give us back that version of Quicken Mobile app.

I deleted it a week or so ago and happy to be done with the mobile app.  Use other ones
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Deleting Quicken for Mobile.  Too frustrating.  Now, can't get entries made on the mobile app to sync or even update to Quicken.  Account is selected and when new entries come in from the credit card they show up in Quicken mobile so they do talk.  Just always loved having the receipt right out of the gas pump reader and immediately entering it  along with a pic of the receipt, right on the mobile before I pulled away.  Wait for it to reconcile on the desktop then dispose with the receipt.  Now, not even that.  This is probably the main reason I even went to Quicken several years ago.  We use Concur at work and I can upload business receipts very dependably.  Concur even reads vendors, costs, tax amounts, splits out hotel room charges.  Never ever expected Quicken to do that but for crying out loud, sync my receipt to my desktop please!!!!!  Just, go back to early September and give us back that version of Quicken Mobile app.

Just out of curiosity, why not just let the transaction download on desktop and not worry about immediately entering receipt? That’s the way I move done it for years and seems much easier. I think I’m ten years I’ve had maybe twice where I’ve questioned a transaction.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Whoever finds a good option please let everyone here know what it is.  I am looking for one too.

Disagree, I like Quicken Premiere desktop. It handles the full complexity I need in personal finance. I don’t want my financial life in the cloud. I want it in a good old fashioned file that I control. Would be nice if they’d get mobile working well but for me can live without it until they do.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018

Whoever finds a good option please let everyone here know what it is.  I am looking for one too.

KB. There are a significant number of Quicken users who absolutely, positively do not want their financial data, including credentials to log in to every account, stored in the cloud. So Quicken is in a tough position between those who want no cloud data and those who would be happy with everything in the cloud. They’re attempting to satisfy both groups with the current strategy; that strategy can only succeed if they can get the cloud-desktop syncing to work pretty flawlessly.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

As someone who’s been in the security software industry for many many years, I think some of you may not be aware of what exactly the cloud is in regards to Quicken cloud.

The moment that you use their iOS app you are storing data in the cloud. No different than any other cloud app.

In fact how can you be assured that what they’re syncing in their “cloud” by Quicken is any more secure than anywhere else?

Again don’t be fooled think that your data is not external to your computer, when you’re using Quicken cloud.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018

The point is that there are lots of Quicken users who do NOT use the Quicken mobile app, and try to use Quicken’s cloud services as little as possible — or not at all. Quicken is trying to satisfy those users while also satisfying users who want to access their Quicken data via web or mobile app.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

This thread is not about the Desktop app. It’s all about the mobile app. This is what the whole thread is about. We are trying to get a good mobile app from quicken.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018

I definitely understand that people who use the cloud-based services, in either the mobile app or the new web interface, just want things to work, consistently, and have been frustrated with the number of problems with the mobile app. I was only trying to explain why Quicken's path with the mobile app (and now web) is more complex because they are trying to satisfy all users -- from those who want all-cloud to those who want all-desktop to those who want great experiences both ways. Syncing with financial institutions alone, in the desktop app or in a cloud-based app, is hard enough -- there are new bank problems every day as institutions make changes that Quicken has to catch up to -- and adding syncing between their desktop and cloud apps makes a frail system (to use Mac product manager Marcus' words) even more frail. I'm not offering excuses for Quicken's problems in producing a solid mobile app, just trying to explain the complexity of the path they're trying to navigate.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

It feels like you are apologizing for Quicken. 

I'm personally using this forum to push Quicken to resolve what is really not too complicated in their mobile app.  
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018

Nope, not apologizing for them. I agree that if they're going to have these cloud-based mobile and web apps, they need to make them function better. But I'd disagree with you on the point that it actually is complicated.

And I will bow out of the conversation here; I was trying to offer some additional insight, not antagonize.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello Everyone,

This thread is becoming quite long, making it difficult to follow and track the reported issues still occurring after the newest update for the Quicken Mobile App, Version 5.3.0 and so it is being closed.  A new thread will be coming soon, detailing the Release Notes for the 5.3.0 update.  

The 5.3.0 update is rolling out to all Android Users and will be available soon for Apple iOS.

For Users experiencing discrepancies with balances, if you have not done so already, please reset the Cloud Data (Windows: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Mobile & Alerts > Reset Cloud Data.  Mac: Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services > Reset) and if the discrepancy still occurs, please create a new post detailing the following information:

1. What is the balance type that is incorrect? i.e. Online Balance, Today's Balance or Projected Balance
       2. What is the actual balance shown in the Mobile and Desktop product?  Quicken 2018/2019 Users please also log into the new companion Web Application (https://app.quicken.com/) and provide the actual balance shown.
       3. Are the accounts with incorrect balances connected for transaction download or are they manual accounts?  If connected for transaction download, who is the Financial Institution and what is the connection method?
       4. Are there any overdue scheduled transactions (reminders) in the desktop file?  
       5. Is the desktop file Account Bar marked to show "cents"?

For Wells Fargo Users, it has been determined that once the login credentials have been entered, the information is retained for a max of 4 hours, after which the credentials need to be re-entered in the Mobile App to refresh the account(s).  We understand this is a big pain point and are working with Wells Fargo to create a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • qrw62
    qrw62 Member
    Customer support just told me that syncing from Quicken Mobile is broken which we can confirm.  Please fix this for us it needs to be high priority 
This discussion has been closed.