One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

Answers

• CountryLogic
    CountryLogic Member ✭✭
    Mine too. I can OSU all my accounts one at a time except Discover. When I attempt to OSU all my accounts at once or my Discover account individually Quicken closes and I get the Bugsplat window.
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Every time I request an update Quicken crashes during the process and I get Bugsplat screen. Same with you?
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    I can confirm the same problem and have checked with an investment group that I am a part of where multiple others are having the same.
  • Jon9
    Jon9 Member ✭✭
    Would be nice if a Quicken employee would let us know that this is being worked on...
  • David Ouzounian
    David Ouzounian Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem this morning. I tried updating one account at a time, and Q crashed with Schwab and Discover.
  • Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Every time I request an update Quicken crashes during the process and I get Bugsplat screen.
  • rolandi2
    rolandi2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, same problem as yours.
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I run the update and Quicken crashes during the update process and I get the Bugsplat screen. It just started happening today. I have reinstalled Quicken with same issue.
  • David Ouzounian
    Q Update crashes for me on several different accounts: Schwab and a Discover credit card account.
  • gwasserm
    gwasserm Member ✭✭
    Talked to tech support. They wanted to download software onto my machine and I felt uncomfortable giving them so much control over my machine. The tech support guy hung up on me when I indicated that I was not so comfortable having them do this. I hope that Quicken can figure this out. Lots of issues with online update right now. My bank, Flagstar bank, cannot be updated using one step update. I might as well be working with an expired version of Quicken then paying an annual license fee.
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • tbone100
    tbone100 Member ✭✭
    Same Bugsplat when updating Fidelity accounts.
  • acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    This is why I don't like this subscription model. Previously I always used stable versions, and only upgraded when I had to.
  • rolandi2
    rolandi2 Member ✭✭
    I tried an individual update and had the same crash result. Reported to BUGSPLAT. Don't know how much attention it will get, and how soon resolved.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct not to download. This is a Quicken problem as there are not many threads about this... Wait until later. My friend has Quicken. He has the same problem... the odds of both of us having this problem with Schwab accounts and being caused by us is about zero.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have the same problem when updating Charles Schwab account
  • CountryLogic
    CountryLogic Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Every time I request an OSU, Quicken crashes during the process and I get Bugsplat screen. If I update my accounts by selecting them individually, they all update except my Discover account. . On that one I get crashed Bugsplatted.
  • David Ouzounian
    Answer ✓
    > @jtcrawf55 said:
    > Ditto on that. If you update some accounts individually it works. But OSU for all accounts produces BUGSPLAT no matter what. What's up QUICKEN people?

I have the same experience, except certain accounts cause the Bugsplat crash. For me, it's the Discover credit card account and a Schwab 401k account
  • FaithRisa
    FaithRisa Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Same issues as the rest of you - Glad I came here as I thought it was me :-)
  • esfeld1
    esfeld1 Member ✭✭
    UBS, E-trade, USAA ,Amex all update for me when done individually
    ... Fidelity causes the crash
  • yoyomanii
    yoyomanii Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    getting the bugsplat screen when trying to update accounts. then tried to add accounts, getting the same thing.
  • vz2z9999
    vz2z9999 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm not sure but it seems like Fidelity. I can update banks individually ok excepty for them
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wish to be kept updated about this, bookmark the Alert by clicking on the start to the right of the Alert title.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• kschreffler
    kschreffler Member ✭✭
    For me, it seems to crash on any account using the Direct Connect connection method. Express Web Connect accounts update fine if you do them one at a time.
  • rlroberts
    rlroberts Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, OSU just spins on one computer. Bugsplat error on a different computer with different accounts
  • Pete M
    Pete M Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Quicken crashes every time I attempt to update Fidelity accounts. All other account updates continue to work with no problems.
  • D-Two
    D-Two Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's something other than "just" Fidelity, as I'm experiencing the crash and do not have a Fidelity account linked.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wish to be kept updated about this, bookmark the Alert by clicking on the start to the right of the Alert title.
    There is also another thread on this subject you might want to also follow by bookmarking it:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883120/one-step-update-crashes-quicken-and-launches-bugsplat/p2.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Dory
    Dory Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mine is hanging when updating investment quotes. I just got the bug
    splat too.
This discussion has been closed.