cloud-free version of Quicken & Quicken Mobile (local sync option) (10 Legacy Votes)

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bill Conyer

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread for this topic, at this time there has not been any official announcements or plans whether this will be available.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Nunzy23
    Nunzy23 Member
    It would be nice if the iPad app had more functionality so it could at least be used to manually enter income and bill reminders. I love quicken, and at this point is the only reason I need a laptop. I’d love to ditch the laptop for a better quicken iPad app.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Nunzy23

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread for this topic, at this time there has not been any official announcements or plans whether this will be available.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tdjgordon
    tdjgordon Member
    For Apple to truly move the iPad Pro into the laptop space certain software applications must be redone. The iPad Pro has enough processing power to support the full desktop version of Quicken (for the Mac). Take a look the advanced features of Microsoft Word and Affinity Photo. I’ve been using Quicken Mobile since the “Pocket PC” versions of the 80’s and 90’s. It’s time to completely rewrite Quicken Mobile. Thanks for your consideration.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tdjgordon Intuit decided to totally rewrite Quicken Mac starting in 2007.  In 2010 they released "Quicken Essentials for Mac".  Very few people switched from Quicken Mac 2007 to it.  And even if you include a few years thrown out for the "starts and stop" you now have Quicken Mac Subscription in 2020 that is getting "close", but still missing features.  And Quicken Inc has thrown even more resources into it since was sold to them.

And you want another total rewrite for iOS.  This isn't about "processing power" it is about the time it takes to develop a program like Quicken on a new operating system.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. to this date from 12/2017 to 6/2020, 6 people have voted for this.
    Signature:
  • tdjgordon
    tdjgordon Member
    Hi Chris! Thanks for your comment. I think you missed my point. Bottom line is that when my MacBook Air dies, I have no intention of buying another Mac. I currently do 90% of my work on my iPad Pro. 5% on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. The final 5% on my Mac. I need to have a version of Quicken that I can use on my iPad Pro that lets me do what I’m doing on Quicken for Mac. IOS is the future of Apple, IMHO.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @tdjgordon Well it sounds like when your Mac Book Air dies you will have to find another way to manage your money.  Quicken Inc isn't going to be doing this just because you wish it to be true.
    Signature:
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Most definitely still desired for privacy and security reasons to start.  Do not want my data in a centralized location online simply to sync to a mobile device. Also helps with syncing when internet is not accessible for whatever reason.

Quicken used to have such a solution. Would be nice to see this back.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't trust Quicken's sync process enough to allow it be used with my real data file no matter if it is syncing from the Internet or locally.
    Signature:
  • gadgetman72
    gadgetman72 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    It should be about time for Quicken to develop a dedicated true mobile app for the iPad and Andriod Tablets. The mobile version is not a true companion to the desktop or mobile app. All it is just an iPhone version scaled. How easy would it be to port the mac desktop version to the iPad. You already gonna have to port it to Apple Silicon.
  • gadgetman72
    gadgetman72 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [Removed - No Soliciting]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Got to love the term universal when it means run on one manufacturers devices.

My first look at this suggested that it didn't run on Android but maybe I'm wrong about that but of course that leaves out the windows.

But I'd also say that is isn't a mobile version in the traditional sense.

The concept of Quicken mobile and web is that you're syncing data with the Quicken cloud so that you can access it anywhere.  Well if you take quick and Mac and run it on say an iPad you're not syncing with quick and cloud to get your data your data would have to be a database that is local to the iPad.  There isn't any support to sync from a Mac to a Mac so there wouldn't be any support to sync from a Mac to an iPad to a Mac whatever without a lot of work. After all the syncing that is concurrently supported is what you see on Quicken mobile and web which is partial data no way or near enough to support a full system.
    Signature:
  • Yes, it is overdue! Especially for iPad since it is really becoming the entry level Apple computer. If Quicken would run on iPad OS I would make an iPad my next computer when my Mac expires (does not support Big Sur). I don't need a Mac for anything but Quicken. It would seem very simple to port it over since there is little difference in operating systems.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a hopefully not too distant future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. 

Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.
    Adding extra comments helps, but does not automatically increment the vote count.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

• Michael Steele
    Michael Steele Member ✭✭
    Would anyone else like a full Mac version for the iPad?

I need to replace my Mac but don't need more than an iPad with keyboard. Currently this means I will have to abandon Quicken or get a new Mac. Meanwhile there is a large base of iPad users without Macs that are potential Quicken users. It should be an easy port given that the OS has the same roots. It seems a no brainer for Quicken. If you agree please respond affirmatively to show Quicken the level of interest in the community.

Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Michael Steele

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature is not currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread for this Idea. Sure to navigate to the first page and select the arrow the up arrow to add your vote!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jyester111
    jyester111 Member
    How do I add my vote to push Quicken developers to update Quicken for Ipad?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    [EDIT] - updated topic to "Idea voting" - don't know if any other threads have same suggestion....
    It is really hard to expand a software product to other "platforms" -
    as Quicken as a company can barely keep the fragile software running on both Windows and Mac

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Chris_QPW said:
    P.S. to this date from 12/2017 to 6/2020, 6 people have voted for this.
    Even the most "popular" Product Ideas in the Windows section only get low double-digit votes, so that doesn't mean anything. This community is very small compared to the user-base and is generally dominated by a handful of "superusers" who often kind of crap on anyone with an issue and honestly have created a bit of a hostile environment. It's hardly surprising there's little engagement. 

One option for iPad users should be Quicken on the Web, but while Quicken on the Web should be a decent product, it's kind of a mess. Incorrect balances, weird behavior of transfers, if you use your brokerage account as a checking account it will show nothing at all (that's also an issue on the app and on Simplifi) it can cause duplicates and corruption (especially on Windows) and seems not to be used by many people so the bugs never get fixed.

In fact many of the issues this product has are also there on Simplifi and other 'web based' apps that try and keep things so simple, they're just not useable for anyone with more than a checking account and a credit card. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still very much desired. Do not wish to see any of my data centralized online, even as a flow through. But do desire to sync with a phone.

Quicken once had this feature on older versions, IIRC with the Palm Pilot and Pocket Quicken. So the tech is there to make it happen again.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Joel S.
    Joel S. Member ✭✭✭
    I have personally not used the sync, or the bill pay, due to not wanting to have that potential exposure on my accounts. just got a new tablet and debated the topic again, but thinking I will pass.
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Just came across this discussion but agree wholeheartedly with Pilotbum's comment back in 2018:

I would like the option for Quicken Mobile to NOT log into my financial institutions, download my transaction and auto match them. This only works correctly half of the time. I'd like to leave that function to my desktop software and just use Quicken Mobile as a mobile entry tool.

Was going to make this comment myself but they stated it very well.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• grncapri
    grncapri Member
    I have been waiting and waiting for Quicken to truly have a mobile app that I could use on my IPad. Please make a Quicken app that will work on IPad without requiring a desktop version. Having a laptop just for Quicken is a waste of money.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    grncapri said:
    I have been waiting and waiting for Quicken to truly have a mobile app that I could use on my IPad. Please make a Quicken app that will work on IPad without requiring a desktop version. Having a laptop just for Quicken is a waste of money.
    Your best bet is to go with their new product:
    https://www.quicken.com/simplifi

There is zero chance that a full version of Quicken is ever going to be produced for the iPad.
    Signature:
  • KTFO
    KTFO Member
    Please continue working on the develoment of a stand alone App for Quicken. Would like to eliminate the need for computer interface and only use App on phone.
  • EggHeadCPA
    EggHeadCPA Member
    I like the idea of having my information protected in the cloud and not on my desktop. When will Quicken offer a truly cloud based rich personal accounting/investing SAAS?