New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    the3roots said:
    Given this problem with Chase and that this thread mentioned similar problems with a Schwab migration, I'd like to see Quicken send out a formal email of what other financial institutions will be migrating and when (approximately).

I have Ally Bank (EWC - not plus) and Etrade (Direct Connect). I'd like to know if they (Quicken and/or the other financial institutions) plan on migrating to either EWC or EWC+. Also, what about all of the 100's of other Financial Institutions that Quicken works with?

Giving your customers some indication that there's a plan out there, even if it is several months or more out, still promotes trust. @Quicken Anja , what do you think?
    @Quicken Kathryn Do you have any information on this subject?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ERed
    ERed Member ✭✭
    Just another user here suffering through this Chase reauthorize issue. I spent the last hour reading through page after page of 'suggested' fixes, which are all workarounds not provided by Quicken. I don't see any clear winner in the mix. All I seem to read is the users who have Chase accounts connected are going to be the losers of functionality and worst case losers of data (lost transactions, categorizations, etc).

Any response from Quicken for answers or an extension for the cutoff date?
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone even know if Quicken is attempting to fix the reauthorization issues everyone is having? I am sticking to direct connection until the very end hoping the Quicken is aware of these problems and is attempting to fix them, but this could just be wishful thinking and right now is as good as it is going to get.
  • shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    > @"Jason Gittman" said:
    > Does anyone even know if Quicken is attempting to fix the reauthorization issues everyone is having? I am sticking to direct connection until the very end hoping the Quicken is aware of these problems and is attempting to fix them, but this could just be wishful thinking and right now is as good as it is going to get.

Seriously! They need at the very least to update their discussion page and reassure us that they are working on this. Their last update was Sep. 7.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its radio silence. They never even bother to correct bad instructions or comments - such as "just click next" and don't choose add or link by one of the @Quicken's in some post. I'm frankly embarrased for them. Mistakes happen. Own them and damn it, COMMUNICATE. But no, we are left adrift.

And if the quote "supposedly" by the Pres that "it works, read the directions" is an accurate quote, then truly no one cares.
  • Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Could anyone please respond and explain if you are having any underlying issues regarding Chase that may or may not be caused by the failure to link to existing accounts?

We have released a back-end patch that should resolve most users' issues with linking, however, this is for users moving forward not regarding users already experiencing these issues. We will be releasing another patch soon that should resolve any lingering issues regarding the Chase migration!

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing your responses regarding underlying issues!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine
    You might want to read the 2 major threads starting from the date when Quicken realeased the patch to give you some idea of the problems encountered since the last patch.
  • elj
    elj Member
    Jasmine, I too have experienced issues with the migration from Direct Connect with Chase to the new connection. Followed the instructions carefully; however, I now have a mess. My checking account did not convert, for one account the account window to convert was unselectable and therefore nothing was done, and for several accounts the conversion created new accounts and downloaded several months of duplicate transactions. Now my subtoatals are incorrect and have two accounts where I should have only had one. Other accounts did not update data and did not convert from direct connect even though I got the successful dialog box. This was NOT a successful update/conversion.

Restored my Quicken with a pre-conversion backup copy and waiting for a patch before proceeding.

This is the second mess Quicken has created for me to clean up in the last twelve months. I have successfully used Quicken for over twenty years. Please restore my confidence in your software, support and accompanying reliability your company has earned for so many years.

If I was working for a company and made this kind of mess with company books, the company would have justification to fire me. PLEASE HELP :-)
  • an_
    an_ Member
    For what it is worth, I have tried the migration several times, restoring from backups and I see the same problems mentioned in this and other related threads. i.e. gray screen, show as new account etc. and I see the same.
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > please respond and explain if you are having any underlying issues regarding Chase that may or may not be caused by the failure to link to existing accounts?
    >

I stated this above, but after going through the recovery procedure, my remaining issue is that downloads for the Chase credit card account "complete" but no new transactions show up in Quicken. Notably the credit card account completes very quickly, I'd guess maybe 25% of the time the bank account takes to download. The Chase bank account and Chase credit card account have different logins, which I see others have flagged as a problem, but there is no error or anything indicating a problem. I have deactivated and reactivated online services for the credit card account a few times and it doesn't change anything except the opening balance.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Web Connect (QFX file downloads from Chase) will still work after September 26?
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    thorn5 said:
    Does anyone know if Web Connect (QFX file downloads from Chase) will still work after September 26?
    Good question. I hope so since this is currently the  only way to download transactions and import into existing accounts without the mess, because one can specify a date range which is after the already reconciled or cleared transactions in Quicken.
    This is how I've been able to avoid connection migration mess until a solution is found.  I haven't been able to find anything on the Chase site that says anything about QFX file type for download going away.

• Hawkins1
    Hawkins1 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All, 
    >
    > Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 
    >
    > Could anyone please respond and explain if you are having any underlying issues regarding Chase that may or may not be caused by the failure to link to existing accounts?
    >

The initial issue of the account not showing up when trying to "Link Existing Account" seems to be resolved. The issue I am facing has to do with Categories. Every Transaction from around mid-June onward that was originally posted prior to this Chase transaction had categories assigned to it. After linking under the new connection method, all of my transactions from June 15-ish onward had their categories removed (automatically). There was no option to not add whatever transactions were being pulled from the new connection method update, my register was just updated and removed all of my categories. Obviously highly inconvenient. Will this be addressed??
  • EXACTLY!!! How can this happen? Why can this happen? These were categorized transactions with splits AND reconciled! That’s not Chase and EWC+. That is Quicken.
  • Hawkins1
    Hawkins1 Member ✭✭
    Well I have some positive news. I guess there was an update pushed out after my post earlier in the evening. After this update, Quicken did not "overwrite" my transactions from June 15ish to current. It did overwrite transactions from Sept 11ish to current; however, I only had 3 so that was manageable. I believe Quicken really does need to compensate us for the issues here -- even if it's adding a couple months to our "subscription". These issues and the amount of time it takes to resolve are not worthy of our payments.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    R43.26 Just now:
    Will be interesting to see who it fixes.

• ScotProf
    ScotProf Member ✭✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > R43.26 Just now:
    > Will be interesting to see who it fixes.

Worked for me. On 43.20, as soon as I saw that I had to create a new account, rather than link it to my existing account, I simply backed out of the update process altogether. I've just tried again with 43.26, and it went very smoothly
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good news. We have a N of 1 now. Hoping this solves issues for all. Truly.
    On a small tangent, anyone who has had success with the change to "EWC+", have you added Chase Online Bills? And if so, do they actually do anything in terms of alerting a bill is due, date, amount? Mine still say "Need Attention" and no way around that I can yet find.

• SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @SteveY said:
    > I have deactivated and reactivated online services for the credit card account a few times and it doesn't change anything except the opening balance.
    >

On 43.26, it doesn't change the opening balance from $0 anymore, but still doesn't show/download any transactions for that account.
  • Hawkins1
    Hawkins1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    > @Hawkins1 said:
    > Well I have some positive news. I guess there was an update pushed out after my post earlier in the evening. After this update, Quicken did not "overwrite" my transactions from June 15ish to current. It did overwrite transactions from Sept 11ish to current; however, I only had 3 so that was manageable. I believe Quicken really does need to compensate us for the issues here -- even if it's adding a couple months to our "subscription". These issues and the amount of time it takes to resolve are not worthy of our payments.

Well disregard the above. It worked fine initially -- but when I ran "One Step Update" again, Chase proceeded to overwrite my transactions from about 8/15ish to 9/11ish, removing categories and updating the ledger without my consent. Something broke again.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    I installed the latest update this morning (43.26), with no evident change whatsoever.

When attempting OSU, I am still prompted to update my accounts by signing into Chase (which I have now done about a dozen times). Chase reports the update is successful.

Repeat the above procedure to infinity.

I still have duplicate Chase accounts for checking and credit cards: The old Direct Connect accounts and the new EWC versions (identified by an XX before the last 4 digits of the account number).

The DC accounts process transactions just fine as before. The EWC accounts show no activity, only an opening balance which is equal to the closing balance on the corresponding DC account.

There remains no evident way to move transactions from the DC to the EWC accounts without confirming "moving a reconciled transaction" for each one. We're talking hundreds of transactions here.

I don't see how these "patches" have had any impact at all. What am I missing? Is anybody home at Quicken?
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > the new EWC versions (identified by an XX before the last 4 digits of the account number).
    >

That's an interesting comment, because it changed mine to use periods. (...1234)
  • Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    After 43.26, I was again asked to reauthorize my Chase account and had an option to link to an existing CC account. That went well, and all totals look OK. My Chase User Name is now displayed on the One Step Update panel, whereas only "Chase" was displayed before. However, I am prompted to reauthorize my Chase accounts every time I update. I can 'skip' and proceed, but there's still a big problem. How do I stop it from demanding I reauthorize?
    Dennis
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Another odd thing -- after the reauthorization is confirmed by Chase (again) and I'm redirected to Quicken, I get the attached "Add Account" pop-up box with the only options displayed as "Don't add to Quicken." The only actionable thing is to click NEXT. And the merry-go-round starts all over again.
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    I updated Quicken and was asked to reauthorize. I decided to give it a shot hoping it would not mess up my 4 Chase accounts (checking, savings and 2 credit cards). I did not deactivate any accounts before reauthorizing. After going through the reauthorization process, I was able to link to all 4 Chase accounts and all seems fine. No transactions were changed thankfully and I am able to update again without any problems. For each account it notes the connection is Web Connect Express +. So for me the update went smoothly and I don't notice any difference between the old Direct Connection and the new Web Connect Express +.
  • Hawkins1
    Hawkins1 Member ✭✭
    > @Jason Gittman said:
    > I updated Quicken and was asked to reauthorize. I decided to give it a shot hoping it would not mess up my 4 Chase accounts (checking, savings and 2 credit cards). I did not deactivate any accounts before reauthorizing. After going through the reauthorization process, I was able to link to all 4 Chase accounts and all seems fine. No transactions were changed thankfully and I am able to update again without any problems. For each account it notes the connection is Web Connect Express +. So for me the update went smoothly and I don't notice any difference between the old Direct Connection and the new Web Connect Express +.

Do you have categories assigned that aren't automatic where you manually input the categories. I have a lot of Split Categories and it wrecks havoc for me.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm very skeptical, but I enabled Chase on a secondary system this PM after the upgrade to R43.26. I started with a Chase CC account that I had disconnected and kept accurate through manual entries and reconciling. For sure, I have a backup data file.

I went through the Chase security and successfully connected my Chase CC account. It downloaded transactions for the last 7 days only, all but two matched (Quicken indicated Matched) my manual entries that I've been making for a week. The two were just errors dating early in Sept.??? Can't explain them except they were legitimate transactions in the past, just not on the two dates used. Deleted them.

Everything now reconciles, no changes to categories or beginning balance. I've got a backup from PM before connecting and I'll see how it handles a bunch of new transactions that haven't cleared Chase yet until tomorrow.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • I downloaded the upgrade to R43.26 but continue to be unable to connect Chase. I get this :https://services.quicken.com/oauth-redirect/344563526116657664?error_source=client&error_code=invalid_input&error_description=TWlzc2luZyBQYXV0aCBjb29raWUgb24gYnJvd3NlciByZWRpcmVjdA error message. Do I need to totally delete my account in Quicken. I had deactivated it before.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded the upgrade to R43.26 but continue to be unable to connect Chase. I get this :https://services.quicken.com/oauth-redirect/344563526116657664?error_source=client&error_code=invalid_input&error_description=TWlzc2luZyBQYXV0aCBjb29raWUgb24gYnJvd3NlciByZWRpcmVjdA error message. Do I need to totally delete my account in Quicken. I had deactivated it before.
    You certainly shouldn't have to delete the current account.  And I certainly won't do that.

I'm sure how to actually fix your problem, but deleting your account isn't the fix.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.