Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Comments

• PapAskew
    PapAskew Member

The question is what was done to "Resolve the Issue" that has taken two weeks? As the person that started this inquiry it would be nice to know what was the resolution. I have lost all faith in Quicken and based on my new banks application, I am thinking on doing away with Quicken after this subscription expires. When you get on the phone with support it takes way too long for them to figure out any issue if they know what they are doing. After the last person telling me that my different concern would fix itself, which it didn't and I found a resolution in the Community, I have no faith in calling Support.

• Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Member ✭✭
    I agree with PapAskew. What was done because the problem is still there. It seems to me nothing was done and calling support to spend over an hour trying basic troubleshooting to end up with the usual “ the issue will be escalated” is far from ideal. Please advise ASAP.
  • Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

> @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > If you are still experiencing this issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.
    >
    > I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

The issue is not resolved and I am not the only one who has already posted to this effect. Please revisit the “fix” used presumably to address this issue as it clearly does not work.

[Merged Post]

• wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭✭
    Quite bizarre! It's obvious that everyone is still experiencing the issue ... notwithstanding the very limited workarounds posted by a few helpful people. Having Quicken management declare that it's resolved is the height of hubris!
  • sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    this is linked to setting up Cloud/Mobile sync. When that is turned off, the auto reminder remains. But turn on mobile/web sync and the auto entry is gone and only manual entry can be done.

There was an alert about this, but Quicken marked at as resolved. It is not resolved and is still a bug in the application.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20364781#Comment_20364781
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I've submitted four “Report a problem…” under the Quicken Desktop Help menu (including log files), after finding different scenarios of the issue, over the past few weeks and you'd have thought that it would be resolved by now 🤔

• jkdhoo
    jkdhoo Member

I use the Windows client almost exclusively, but also had online sync on. Every time I ran One Step Update most of my Automatically Enter bills switch to Remind Me. Not acceptable for me long term, automatically entering future transactions is a big part of how I use Quicken.

I found that following the below steps stops my bill entry settings from switching from Automatic to Remind when I run One Step Update.

Go to Mobile & Web → Add or Remove Accounts to sync → Make sure 'Show separate accounts' is selected near the bottom left → Click the 'Select None' option near the bottom left → Click 'Done'

• John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    Latest update, Version R50.5 (June 2023), did nothing to address this problem.
  • MeekoStar
    MeekoStar Member

Another day, same issue. I didn't realize there was this much of a problem until I went to do my monthly reconciliation. I thought it was odd that my transactions were showing overdue on my phone, but I figured it was because I hadn't logged into the laptop version for a few weeks. After having gone through and resetting all of my current and future transactions to Auto Enter and then having them all revert back, I started searching to see if this was only happening to me. Obviously it is not just me.

So here it is, Saturday morning, and the best information I can get from Quicken is "call if you are experiencing an issue that has been marked 'resolved'". And when is Phone Support available???? M-F 5a-5p SIGH!!!

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭

Thank you sgj31 for posting your response. Unfortunately turning off the Cloud/Mobile sync is not a choice for me, since I use multiple computers and my mobile phone for financial information. This function is vital for accurate bill paying monitoring and account balances. Quicken, please fix this problem.

• davidsh
    davidsh Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    @Quicken_Kristina: I was away for a couple of weeks and just getting back to this issue now as it persists. To answer your questions:

When did this issue first start? As I stated in my original post, it started sometime in the last few weeks prior to May 21. I was as specific as I could be.

Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? NOT THAT I RECALL

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive? C DRIVE

Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? NO
  • damon92345
    damon92345 Member ✭✭

I see that this issue has been marked as RESOLVED:

HOWEVER, it still persists for me! Please help

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    > @jkdhoo said:
    > I use the Windows client almost exclusively, but also had online sync on. Every time I ran One Step Update most of my Automatically Enter bills switch to Remind Me. Not acceptable for me long term, automatically entering future transactions is a big part of how I use Quicken.
    >
    > I found that following the below steps stops my bill entry settings from switching from Automatic to Remind when I run One Step Update.
    >
    > Go to Mobile & Web → Add or Remove Accounts to sync → Make sure 'Show separate accounts' is selected near the bottom left → Click the 'Select None' option near the bottom left → Click 'Done'

I need to correct an earlier post. I said, “This issue is not limited to 'Syncing to Mobile'” based on unchecking 'Sync to Quicken Cloud' in One Step Update.

However, based on your comment, @jkdhoo, I went to Mobile & Web → Go To Mobile & Web, and turned Sync off. (I could not locate 'Show separate accounts'.) This resolved the issue, but means that I can't use the mobile app or web.

TL;DR: Turning Sync off from 'Quicken Mobile & Web' within the desktop resolves the issue, but is unacceptable for people who use the mobile app.
  • Michael Hauser
    Michael Hauser Member ✭✭✭
    If the problem has been “resolved” will there be a software update provided? Or, because the problem was somehow connected to Mobile/Web Services, it is a virtual resolution?
  • davidsh
    davidsh Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

I cannot be clearer that the issue "Bill Reminder "Auto Enter" gone after Syncing to Mobile" does not apply to my situation. I have never synced my Quicken to mobile. Not ever. So there is something else going on here that Quicken's developers do not acknowledge. [Edited-Readability]

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    After doing a one-step update, my Automatic reminders still revert to Upcoming. NOT FIXED as of R50.5.
  • JoeG
    JoeG Member ✭✭

This issue is NOT resolved. It is still happening!!!

• RangerDale1
    RangerDale1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken posted an update on the community forum stating this issue is resolved. Unfortunately, it is not resolved, and I continue to have the problem. Started after last SW update.
  • JoeG
    JoeG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

The issue of "AUTO" enter in bill reminders changing to "UPCOMING" is still not resolved.
    This still happens every time I sync with the cloud for Quicken Mobile.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• laxer
    laxer Member

I am encountering the same problem as well. Reported to Quicken today.

• damon92345
    damon92345 Member ✭✭

I don't mean to hijack your thread, davidsh.

However, I have having the same issue - except that I DO sync my Quicken to mobile. @Quicken Kristina can you give me insight into what is happening? Per this thread, this issue was marked resolved as of yesterday. However, it's still a problem for me; it does not appear to be resolved for me. Please help - what is happening?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @damon92345,

Thank you for joining the discussion.

If you are still experiencing the issue after it has been marked as resolved, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ameade
    ameade Member ✭✭

I just reset a few back to auto enter, ran a Mobile/Web sync, and they all turned back to reminders. Situation is most certainly NOT resolved. I'm hoping the suggestion of turning off the sync will at least stop it from happening, and there's yet another broken Quicken function.

• damon92345
    damon92345 Member ✭✭
    Ok. Thank you for your prompt reply.
  • Dmill
    Dmill Member ✭✭
    Recently started...causing overdraft issues!!!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What issue is that?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• arch.call
    arch.call Member

One Step Direct connect to credit card download RESETS Bill Reminders from "auto" to "upcomming". This bug started after the R49.33 HFW (May 2023) update.

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    The number of days has nothing to do with it. I’m using 0 days with the same problem occurring. It’s a bug! Quicken needs to fix this. It is not a user error!
This discussion has been closed.