Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options
14567810»

Answers

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I might recommend to Deactivate Online Services for every PenFed account to remove PenFed presence in Online Center, make sure there is no PenFed.
    Exit Quicken.

Start Quicken and add Online access again to your Checking or any account.

This is time consuming, but it fixed my PenFed related issues many times.

Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

@Quicken Kristina , @Quicken Jasmine would you mind to provide any details about how this issue was addressed?
    Will it be permanent fix?

thank you

Best Regards
  • jmgloude
    jmgloude Member ✭✭
    Options

There is no permanent solution to Q download issues. Been using Q for 25 years. No more. This is my last year. Download issues on many accounts. I've had it!

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

@mikek753b I too followed the exact same process and was able to relink/sync all PFCU accounts around 4 Jan and is still doing so without any errors. @Krakat and others seem to be having unusually difficult issues of computers/Q for Win/PFCU to be failing to sync accounts. I wonder if they can, if they are comfortable, set up a brand new Q-for-Win Test work file and then try to download/link their PFCU accnts - one at a time. There may be some help docs for using this @Quicken Kristina or @Quicken Jasmine. Some times, Q will require re-authentication from PFCU which requires them to login when Q prompts. Also, the recommended browsers are Chrome, and Edge. In my recent conversations with PFCU Help Desk, I have sharply complained about lack of support for Mac OS/Safari. It does definitely appear that the recent revamp of PFCU web portal screwed up things big time! Hope for positive updates from folks having difficulty syncing accounts. Signing off, ATB!

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Options

All, I searched this support group for "new quicken test file" and a sample of the way to test PFCU sync issues is through

This should further suggest the source of 502 errors.

• Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Quicken fixed itself with no intervention from me. The download takes longer than it used to but all has been good since about the 2nd week of January.

• dunton
    dunton Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken also started working with PenFed a few weeks ago. Download is slow but it works just like it used to. I didn't delete my accounts or take any of the steps other users did, just waited until the problem was resolved.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just started in new Quicken data file, so no accounts in file. Tried adding Pentagon Federal Credit Union gives me CC-502 error. Tried Pentagon FCU and again I get the CC-502 error. So for me no easy fixes…

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Options

I tried adding a new account using both "Pentagon Federal Credit Union" and "Pentagon FCU" in a NEW quicken file and got CC-502 errors for both on two separate computers and networks (home & work)

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe Roksewicz by chance do you have numerous accounts? Both my husband and I have 10+ accounts. Trying to see if number of accounts have any bearing?

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@krakat… I have numerous accounts (50+) in my main quicken file but the test I tried was connecting to PFCU in a new quicken file (0 accounts) and it was a no go!!!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe Roksewicz Number of accounts @ Pentagon FCU? I have over 10 accounts for PenFed in my Quicken file.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe Roksewicz I just got off the phone with Quicken Support and they had me send the TEST file logs. They also gave me a Reference/Ticket number 10797961. Tech support wasn't sure why they marked case as resolved… I told him I'm coming up to 4 months with not easily being able to download my PenFed account data into Quicken.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Krakat I have 10 PFCU accounts

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Joe Roksewicz kinda wondering if the number of accounts we have @ PenFed have anything to do with our problem?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 2
    Options

Hello @Joe Roksewicz,

If you are still experiencing the issue after it has been marked as resolved, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Joe Roksewicz
    Joe Roksewicz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Krakat Maybe the people that have had success can chime in with the number of PFCU accounts they have. This could be the reason some people can connect and some can’t.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I have contacted support.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Krakat I have 4 PF accounts

Checking, Savings, 2 Credit Cards

as I mentioned before it took me an hour to backup, deactivate each PF account, backup, exit Quicken, start Quicken, setup on-line access to PF for Checking that found all 4 accounts that I linked to existing.

What's more I had to do above several times for the past several weeks. No, I can't say why or what went wrong, but one or another PF account got an issue and as result 502 or 800 error.

If you create new data file and try to setup PF access, will it work in empty new data file?

Make sure that all those PF accounts are deactivated before, this is very strange how Intuit handles those your accounts as proxy based on your Quicken / User ID. It's like a cache on Intuit data collector side, this isn't Quicken !

So, that Intuit data set has to be deleted, otherwise you are stuck

hope it helps

Best Regards
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mikek753b I tried a NEW clean data file this morning and still received the CC-502 error using both Pentagon Federal Credit Union and Pentagon FCU. I have tried in my normal data files (mine and husband's) to deactivate and reactivate same CC-502 error. This is almost 4 months! Thanks for your input. I'm kinda wondering since we have numerous accounts at PenFed this may be an issue (10+ that I have and 10+ for my husband - we are joint on each other so there's 20+ accounts that show up normally when I have been successful with adding PenFed accounts - I only include my accounts in my data file and my husband only includes his in his data file). The positive is the credit card QFX downloads from PenFed now work! So I do weekly downloads of my active accounts and monthly downloads when dividends/interest is posted for the other accounts. I get tired of PedFed and may keep doing it this way because you know there will be a problem again within 6-9 months.😠

• jschumann888
    jschumann888 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 2 accts and it is working.

• Airborne06
    Airborne06 Member ✭✭
    Options

The Quicken/PFCU interface has been "quirky" for years. This latest round of dysfunction has been ongoing for 4 months. I think the real, long-term answer is to either quit Quicken, or move accounts to a different bank. This has been a nightmare, and I have not seen a good-faith effort by Quicken to resolve the issue.

• mitch cohen
    mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW. After two months of work following PenFed's decision to remove the Quicken one-step-update interface, we have finally moved our accounts to a new credit union (where we had other accounts) that supports the Quicken one-step-update interface. We have moved all but the last few dollars out of PenFed and are closing all of our accounts this week. I just sent an email to the PenFed Chairman of the Board to ensure that he received feedback about the impact of PenFed's decision. We're gone from PenFed now. Vote with your feet.

This discussion has been closed.