TD Bank reauthorization failing (QWIN)

dcspa
dcspa Member ✭✭✭

I received the message to reauthorize. I go to TD. I reauthorize. The quicken shows a times out message when I am sent back.

Please resolve. It seems like weekly quicken has a given institution.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 9 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Please be aware that there is currently a known issue with TD Bank that is preventing it from connecting, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This issue with TD Bank is ongoing, though some progress has been made toward a resolution; the root cause of this issue is due to a problem in the data that TD Bank is sending to our service provider. We don’t yet have a date for this resolution. Some users reported unfamiliar or incorrect transactions in Quicken after downloading from TD Bank. These transactions, though incorrect, were not in any way a security concern, however, due to this incorrect data, and the potential user impact of needing to ‘weed out’ these incorrect transactions, our service provider temporarily disabled downloads while this issue is being fixed. While this is not strictly a Quicken issue, we know that this is frustrating. We will continue to keep you updated on this thread until the issue is resolved. Thank you.

Answers

• The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta

I am having the same issue. It was on EWC+. Asked for reauthorization. Moved itself to Direct Connect (but didn't download anything).

Using Tools > Add Account, I can get Direct Connect to authenticate and connect (but it doesn't download anything), but like you, while I can get EWC+ to authenticate in my browser, I get a timeout message in Quicken.

• lmkheney
    lmkheney Member ✭✭

I too am getting an error message after I authenticate.

• higgz
    higgz Member ✭✭

It is happening here as well. I use Quicken Mac.

• Same here for the past few days

• Quicken Anja
    edited August 9 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Please be aware that there is currently a known issue with TD Bank that is preventing it from connecting, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

-Quicken Anja

• The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta

Anja,

The alert you linked to doesn't address the fact that existing connections are being "forced" to reauthorize which breaks the connection to start with. In addition, this is showing up as a timeout when reauthorizing, not a CC-902. Additionally, the alert states "Existing connections will remain intact and should continue without errors." which is clearly not the case given the number of people reporting that existing connections were broken.

It is good to know they are working on the matter.

• Quicken Anja
    edited August 9

Thank you for your response.

I understand that the main issue described is different from what you are experiencing, however I shared the Alert as the root cause of your issue is likely being caused by the same cause of the issue described in the Alert as the changes being made on TD Bank’s end are preventing the ability to connect.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• shpegel
    shpegel Member

@Anja and all, I to am having issues for the last few days and while the symptoms are different, it would appear to be the same issue. Using Quicken Premier for PC I can make a direct connection with no errors. However the connected time is about one second and no transactions are downloaded. TD customer service was unaware of any issue when I called yesterday and blamed Quicken. Quicken Customer Service apparently was aware of the issue but refused to say so. Agent kept telling me it was TD Banks fault and that's why I could not connect except I can connect. A waste of an hour on the phone. Hope they resolve the issue soon.

• mpsasot
    mpsasot Member ✭✭

I am having the same issue. I received the message to reauthorize. I go to TD. I reauthorize. The quicken shows a times out message when I am sent back.

• btlane911
    btlane911 Member ✭✭

The initial Quicken alert stated the issue was on the TD Bank side. Contacted TD Bank, they refer users to Quicken. Please confirm this is a Quicken issue and advise if there is an ETA for resolution please. TD replied with:

"Currently Quickbooks has disabled the access while an issue with the connection is being addressed.
    Unfortunately, our Tech teams are unable to assist with this and at present there is not an estimated time for a resolution of this issue. You may check with the service provider to inquire about any updates."

Using Quicken Classic R58.9 27.1.58.9. Same behavior other users have indicated. One Step Update states that the bank requires "reauthorize".

Do so and states "complete" However, reauthorization does not result in any transactions retrieved. Just the "CC-902 error".

• pete4215
    pete4215 Member ✭✭

It's been days since this issue occurred. When is the fix coming???

• Pat Sills
    Pat Sills Member ✭✭✭

I also have been unable to connect to my account at TD Bank for a week. This is becoming unacceptable!

• dcermeli
    dcermeli Member ✭✭

Same issue with TD Bank.

I received the message to reauthorize. I go to TD. I reauthorize and connection fails.

• same here —-this is getting tiring. I can't tell how many times I've tried to reauthorize or reactive my accounts. It's not that Quicken is free!

• Is there an ETA for getting this interface fixed?

• smc123
    smc123 Member

Using Quicken for Mac. Same inability to connect to TD Bank. When I called TD Bank they claimed it was a Quicken issue. I’m not interested in the finger pointing, just getting someone to fix the problem.

• loren@
    loren@ Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

From the FWIW Department…

I was having the same issues connecting to TD Bank (Quicken Windows Classic Premier) since the last update about 2 weeks ago. TD Bank support was useless, saying they had no "Quicken Team" and were not trained on Quicken. So I called Quicken Support, and much to my surprise, actually got to speak to a human being who actually knew something! So here is what he had me do, after I told him to skip all the usual steps and get to the good stuff. Hopefully I'm not leaving anything out or getting anything wrong, so if it doesn't work, please don't blame the messenger. If it does, a simple Thank You will do.

1. Make a complete backup of your Quicken file(s).
    2. Go back into the Backup function, but this time, under Advanced Options, select Create a Copy or Template. Select all the options on the next screen, and click Save Copy.
    3. In the File menu, select Open Quicken File and select the new copy.
    4. All of your data should be intact, but you will have to recreate all the connections to the various financial institutions, including, of course, TDBank, connecting them to the existing accounts in your new Quicken file.

Hopefully this works for you as it did for me; no guarantees, YMMV, use at your own risk, and all the other appropriate warnings.

The fact that this process worked for me implies that it was, indeed, the last Quicken update that created the problem.

Good luck!

Loren

• higgz
    higgz Member ✭✭

We are still waiting for a positive resolution. How about a daily update?????

• @Loren Thanks, that got me working again!!!

• loren@

fantastic!

• loren@

I should have mentioned that the thanks go to Samuel, the phone tech who knew about this process and walked me through it. He also did some research and told me it was a known issue and is NOT specific to TD Bank.

He da man!!!

• newpawta
    newpawta Member ✭✭

Grrrr. Just did Q update last week (Classic Starter); thankfully a glitch was fixed that one of my preferences dialog boxes was not displaying properly. Now as I try to do a one-step update, reauthorization required for TD. Was not successful and then received an error message window that there is a known problem with the TD connections. Don't know that I want to mess around with files and backups; had a nightmare scenario a few years ago when I accidentally deleted an entire year of business transactions and had to re-create. Daily update would be wonderful as I am really behind in my personal and business bookkeeping :/ I may consider the loren@ workaround if I cannot accomplish reconciliations.

• I called TD Bank and Tech Support was not aware of any issues. How is that possible and is this really being worked on?

• bvalebob
    bvalebob Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've been having the same TD Bank connection issues, the CC-902 issue, and re-authorizations don't work. The connection I had was Web Connect. The TD Bank cust svc person said to de-activate that and to establish a new connection to TD Bank Online, so I did that. Instead of connecting my account, I ended up with a new account on Direct Connect. I deleted that acct. I went back and tried to connect my acct via Web Connect, and can't establish the connection. This has been going on for about a week now. Bank rep told me problem isn't on their end? Who owns this and when will it be fixed?

Bob

• Dave NH
    Dave NH Member ✭✭

I called TD and was told that they are unaware of any problems and suggested this is a quicken issue. Can someone please update with an ETA of resolution!

• Quicken Anja

Hello @bvalebob,

There is a known issue with TD Bank that is preventing it from connecting, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

-Quicken Anja

• loren@

newpawta, mikedt1234, and Dave NH -

I strongly suggest you give the fix I posted a bit earlier in this thread a try. It only took a few minutes and I was back in business. It's already worked for ToastyNuggets as well. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, instead of waiting around for a fix from Q or TDB.

Please let us all know how you make out.

Loren

• loren@

@bvalebob Here is what worked for me, which I've posted in another thread:

From the FWIW Department…

I was having the same issues connecting to TD Bank (Quicken Windows Classic Premier) since the last update about 2 weeks ago. TD Bank support was useless, saying they had no "Quicken Team" and were not trained on Quicken. So I called Quicken Support, and much to my surprise, actually got to speak to a human being who actually knew something! So here is what he had me do, after I told him to skip all the usual steps and get to the good stuff. Hopefully I'm not leaving anything out or getting anything wrong, so if it doesn't work, please don't blame the messenger. If it does, a simple Thank You will do.

1. Make a complete backup of your Quicken file(s).
    2. Go back into the Backup function, but this time, under Advanced Options, select Create a Copy or Template. Select all the options on the next screen, and click Save Copy.
    3. In the File menu, select Open Quicken File and select the new copy.
    4. All of your data should be intact, but you will have to recreate all the connections to the various financial institutions, including, of course, TDBank, connecting them to the existing accounts in your new Quicken file.

Hopefully this works for you as it did for me; no guarantees, YMMV, use at your own risk, and all the other appropriate warnings.

The fact that this process worked for me implies that it was, indeed, the last Quicken update that created the problem.

Good luck!

Loren

• Dave NH
    Dave NH Member ✭✭

Loren@

Hi Loren- I did try your fix and it didnt work for me. Thanks I was hoping it would work

!