8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Reviewed split transactions on the mobile app..I assume this is a known issue? Splits not allocated correctly & $$ amounts not correct. 

Exactly what I am seeing
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Nathan B said:

I'm on Android and Quicken 2018 membership.   Still have not been able to get the update to the new version on my or the wifes phone.  Still no budget (have the lasting disabled notice).  Is there anything I can do?  Is it possible I just have not hit the "wave" for the update?  I show latest update to be Dec 2017.

Also, for those of us running Quicken 2017, mobile budgets is not yet restored. It says above that it would be with the August release.

“If you are using Quicken 2017 or 2016 desktop versions, we are bringing back the budgets on mobile for you in the August release.”

Is there a new timeline?
  • John Bacogiannis
    John Bacogiannis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    New Quicken Mobile App v5.1.0(11229) - Budgets are not showing when used in conjunction with Quicken H&B 2018 CANADIAN Version R4.4 Build 27.1.4.4

Is it the app only supposed to work for the US version of Quicken (for budgeting I mean, everything else appears to work)? It looks like the uploading of budgets to the cloud has been disabled in the Canadian version from what I am seeing when syncing.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile app budget not available.

I still can't use budgets on my mobile app. I have an Android, and mobile version 5.0.35. when will the update rollout that will allow me to use budgets again?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    LBUCK said:

Quicken Mobile app version 5.0.47 and USAA connectivity error

Connectivity Error with USAA accounts.  When I swipe to fix it, I am prompted to enter my USAA credentials.  I have tried repeatedly but get the following error each time. “Login Error - Try entering your login credentials again. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at USAA Federal Savings Bank to ensure they are correct.”

I can sign directly into USAA no problem.  My desktop version of Quicken (Mac) connects to my USAA accounts just fine.  I have tried turning mobile sync on and off and removing then adding the accounts back to the mobile sync (Quicken - Preferences - Mobile & Alerts - Accounts).  I have also tried resetting the cloud account (Quicken - Preferences - Connected Services - Reset). This appears to be a bug in just the Quicken mobile app.

What is the fix?

I am have the same issue
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile app budget not available.

I still can't use budgets on my mobile app. I have an Android, and mobile version 5.0.35. when will the update rollout that will allow me to use budgets again?

Received the update. Will start using it and see how it works. Thanks for getting this out the door.
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Wells Fargo still does not connect.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hello Arthur.

Are you trying to sync your transactions to the mobile app or are you having download issues?

Please let us know, and let us know what you are using: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    THE ATTACHMENT ENLARGEMENT WHEN YOU TAP AND ZOOMING WORKS GREAT!
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I am just talking about the mobile app.  It still gives me an error on downloading Wells Fargo checking account.  No problem with desktop Home and Business 2017 under Windows 10 1803.  I am using latest version of Android on my phone with mobile app.
    Error message on mobile app is 1 of your accounts needs attention.  When you tap it give Connectivity error swipe to fix.  When you fix it by reentering credentials you still get Login error and says to try desktop version of Quicken to make sure credentials are correct (which they are).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

are you using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo?   Many of us are, and quicken folks say that they have been trying to fix it in the mobile app for a long time.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hello Arthur. Appreciate your question.

I would try resetting your cloud accounts: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows and then try again to see if you can your transactions downloaded.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold..
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Your link did not help.  I tried on the Desktop of Home and Business 2017 removing Wells Fargo Checking account from the cloud and adding it back and now I get error that says the financial management software you are using is no longer supported....
    (and it will not add back to the cloud).  If I remember there used to be a cloud reset button but I cannot find it.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Nathan B said:

I'm on Android and Quicken 2018 membership.   Still have not been able to get the update to the new version on my or the wifes phone.  Still no budget (have the lasting disabled notice).  Is there anything I can do?  Is it possible I just have not hit the "wave" for the update?  I show latest update to be Dec 2017.

As a data point, budgets DO appear and sync when using Quicken Premier 2017 US with iOS Quicken Mobile 5.1 as long as you select the budget to sync from within the desktop application as required.

However, the budget does NOT show the correct remaining budgeted amounts, items are NOT in the correct order, and subcategories show at too high a level for some subcategories, but it does show the useless budget. If you can’t get to that stage something else is wrong in your case.
    -Jay
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I undid the cloud by following these instructions https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-to-disable-cloud-sync  although I realize now I could have renamed the cloud file as you suggested.  So then I started fresh with the cloud and still get the Wells Fargo error.  Other accounts sync OK.  Wells Fargo works on the desktop 2017 except for mobile syncing.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Quicken has already advised the mobile app has an issue with WF direct connect. What is of interest to me is how much of the register history is available on the mobile . I show data going back to may 2017
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

That is all I get now.  I think when they transitioned from Intuit servers, they cut off earlier data.  Unfortunately.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018

Would be good to hear from the Quicken folks on this issue
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Unless something has changed with the latest version, by default, Mobile is supposed to sync the last 24 months on initial setup, then add to the existing data. I suppose that resetting the cloud should re-sync that period. YMMV.

If you try this, do report back.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

OK in a failed attempt to fix Wells Fargo (which did work a few weeks ago on my phone, by the way) I deleted my cloud data by changing the account name.  The fresh cloud data only goes back to 5/2017.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New App Attachment Indicator.

Just now seeing the new Quicken App for Android.  When selecting an account and seeing the list of transactions the little paper clip that used to be there to indicate that there was an attachment IS MISSING.  Why is that missing?  That quickly indicated while scrolling through the transaction list which entries had a receipt attached and which ones didn't.

Huge waste of time clicking on each one to see if the receipt is attached.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Mobile (iOS) 1 of your accounts needs attention.

I have an error on my Banking and Credit Account screen that says "1 of your accounts needs attention." The bank is BB&T.

Steps to recreate:

1. Open Quicken Mobile (iOS)
    2. Select Banking and Credit Account
    3. See BB&T Checking
    4. Says "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix."
    5. Swipe towards the left.
    6. Click "Fix It"

ERROR: We are unable to connect to BB&T at this time. Please try again later."

I have checked the Windows file for error. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Mobile App. I have reset my cloud data 3 times. I deactivated/reactivated my account from the register. Online chat support could not figure out the problem. 

I am able to download activity directly from the check register in the Windows app. 

iOS Version 5.1.0 (38.11229.4012)
    Quicken For Windows: 2018 R11.18 27.1.11.18

• QMac User
    QMac User Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My expenses on my mobile budget seem to appear in just random order. Why won't th....

My expenses on my mobile app budget seem to appear in just random order. Why won't they at least appear in alpha-numeric order?
    Quicken for Mac 2017
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    OtterIT said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Mobile (iOS) 1 of your accounts needs attention.

I have an error on my Banking and Credit Account screen that says "1 of your accounts needs attention." The bank is BB&T.

Steps to recreate:

3. See BB&T Checking
    6. Click "Fix It"

I have checked the Windows file for error. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Mobile App. I have reset my cloud data 3 times. I deactivated/reactivated my account from the register. Online chat support could not figure out the problem. 

I am able to download activity directly from the check register in the Windows app. 

I have the exact same problem and symptoms. Only difference being my bank is USAA Federal Savings Bank. I have four accounts with USAA all exhibiting the same problem. (The accounts seem to update properly but I continually get the same error messages. Periodically I only get the error on 3 of the four accounts)
  • Arthur Begun
    Arthur Begun Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

The attachment feature is not working properly in the mobile app.  An attachment I added yesterday with my phone's camera shows up on the desktop but not in the mobile app.  It showed up yesterday in the mobile app.  And yes I reset the cloud and I also had it refresh attachments because a red circle at the top right hand side of the desktop of 2017 Home and Business told me to.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    OtterIT said:

Steps to recreate:

3. See BB&T Checking
    6. Click "Fix It"

Same issue here on new Android version, 5.1.0.  All USAA counts show needing attention. 

When the accounts refresh, it shoes "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix."

When swiping and selecting to fix fix, the message is "We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank a this time.  Please try again later."

The accounts are all set for Direct Connect in Mac 2018.

I decided to try to switch to "Quicken Connect" on the desktop, but I get an error when I configure it.

Please advise.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Major category display and handling issues: hidden categories appearing when categorizing transactions, External Transfer vs. Transfer, and Credit Card Payment SUB-category of Tax Spouse.

Using latest Quicken Premier 2017 R17.2 Build 26.1.17.2 US with iOS Quicken Mobile 5.1 I'm seeing 3 issues around the categories list shown when applying, or changing, the category on a transaction:

1. When selecting a category, HIDDEN categories ARE shown. That is, the many many categories that I've hidden over the years and don't use/see on the desktop ARE showing in the mobile app. This can cause items to be categorized into unused categories. Hidden categories should be hidden at all times.

2. The category list includes a category named External Transfer. (Alphabetically at E in the list.) It does NOT contain a category named Transfer anyplace. However, when I add a NEW transaction in the mobile app and select a payee name that exists and for which I would normally assign a transfer category on the desktop, the category is prefilled for me with the category Transfer. (And once I save that transaction I can't edit anything on it YET as you noted in the release notes.) Checking the desktop application, there is NO External Transfer category.

3. In the mobile app ONLY (and not on the desktop) there is a category named Credit Card Payment which is a SUB-category of Tax Spouse. Checking the desktop application, there is NO External Transfer category. Checking the desktop application, there is NO Credit Card Payment category.
    -Jay
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Nathan B said:

My Quicken 2017 updated to R17.4 yesterday. After doing that, I reset my Cloud data, uninstalled the iOS app and reinstalled it. Budgets are now back!!! However, one of my bank accounts still has the incorrect balance.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Attention Wells Fargo users:  I may have a fix.  This one step seems to work so far:

Anytime you are asked to login on the Desktop or the Mobile App after an error, go to this site and get verification:
    www.http://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup
    The code will last for 10 minutes and should let you verify the sync with Well Fargo. 

This includes the "Fix It" error notification you get on the mobile app next to your WF accounts.  Use that site above first before you login with your Wells Fargo credentials.

This so far has worked for my Wells Fargo with Direct Connect.  Let me know.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    First of all the address above needs to have htts, not http.  This does not at all help with the mobile app, still get the same error with Wells Fargo. The mobile app never asks for the code that is generated.
This discussion has been closed.