One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

Answers

• jdaz72
    jdaz72 Member ✭✭
    Starting today, when I use One Step Update it stays stuck in Waiting status, apparently with the Quicken Online Services step (Quotes, News). I've tried One Step Update with Online Services de-selected and that causes Quicken to crash. I'm on Year 2020, Version R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Gary Talda
    Gary Talda Member ✭✭✭
    failing on Schwab. Tried to re-add account and crashed after adding user id / password and entering vault password.
  • cesarvinocur
    cesarvinocur Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with my Fidelity accounts... is there anybody in the Quicken tech group looking into this massive error???
  • Same issue. My brokerage accounts cause the same issue, Crash and bugsplat.
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bugs happen. They should cause error messages, but not crashes. Crashes are unacceptable. Non-responsiveness from Quicken is inexcusable.
  • sebattig
    sebattig Member ✭✭
    Same issue! I cannot update my Fidelity accounts this morning - every time I try the BugSplat appears for me - after several attempts - I did send the info but continue to have the issue - run update and quicken closes with bugsplat appearing. Very frustrating! Need a fix!
  • JudgeDon
    JudgeDon Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    One-step update crashes with Bugsplat message.

Some individual accounts update, but Fidelity crashes Quicken.
  • Starting today, seem to have issues with Bank of America. No issues with Merrill Edge, but not sure
  • I have the same Fidelity issue. Just started.
  • tadub
    tadub Member
    My update fails on Schwab this morning (11/10/20). Annoying BugSpat message. HEEEELP!
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am same problem with charles schwab.
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    Does anyone know if Quicken monitors these forums and reports that they are working on the issue? it would be helpful to get some report that they're working on the issue.... Anyone know? Thx.
  • Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Add me also to the growing list. Tried update with both one step and then individually with no success. Did a little research and this same problem happened in July. Doesn't appear that Quicken tech support has made much success in fixing this problem.
  • theviens
    theviens Member ✭✭
    Seems to be Schwab for me when done one at a time. Crashes if you OSU all.
  • kknj
    kknj Member ✭✭
    Same issue, appears to be with Discover Card and Fidelity
  • Chet-NYC62
    Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭✭
    Same here... Fidelity update is causing a crash. Better get this fixed fast, we're going into End of Year distribution time very soon...the updates are going to get nuts.
  • Chuck77
    Chuck77 Member ✭✭
    OSU consistently crashes Q when attempting to update Fidelity. This is happening so often now Quicken should be called Bugslap launch feature!
  • DavidGeschke
    DavidGeschke Member ✭✭✭
    I narrowed it down to one account creating the crash for me: Edward Jones Investments.
  • JudgeDon
    JudgeDon Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Fidelity account
  • JWQ
    JWQ Member ✭✭✭
    Having same issue this morning. Seems to be associated with Schwab - when I deselect Schwab accounts the update completes in normal fashion. I am also 2020, Version R29.22, Build 27.1.29.22.
  • Maikeer
    Maikeer Member ✭✭✭
    I checked for program updates (Windows), also.

Quicken for Windows subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.   
  • ftcbski
    ftcbski Member
    Same here
  • SAF56
    SAF56 Member ✭✭
    Same issue with One Step Update. It updates Amex and then freezes on everything else.
  • herbcohen
    herbcohen Member ✭✭
    Same here. I've had the PNC CC-508 failure for a couple of weeks also.
  • ebcullen
    ebcullen Member ✭✭
    Same here. Just on Schwab at the moment. Vanguard and MSSB were okay. Haven't tried credit cards.
  • Dave307
    Dave307 Member ✭✭
    Same issue on Schwab account. Sent Bug report
  • dctokach
    dctokach Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I do have Fidelity but haven't tried the individual accounts.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.  Chase credit card downloaded fine, locked up on Discover.
    This could be tied to the newer process used by Quicken with some Direct Cite connections that was applied to the Discover accounts.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jancarpenter,

Yes, there are a number of Quicken employees who serve as moderators here, and they monitor these discussions regularly and every day.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Same Problem - for me it seems to be confined to Schwab - i have mutiple accounts at 5 other banks (both card & savings) all f which are updating - tries to reset - no help
This discussion has been closed.