One-Step Update crashes Quicken and launches Bugsplat

Answers

• EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am having the same problem with One Step Update. Crashes and then I get the BugSplat screen.
  • RAli
    RAli Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes I just tried updating my IRA account from Fidelity, and it gave me a Bugsplat error and crashed.
  • jim mirkle
    jim mirkle Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem as everyone else with Q crashing. All accounts update fine when I update one at a time EXCEPT my Discover account. The Discover account crashes Q every time. Everything worked fine 11/9 but today is when this started. I don't have Fidelity or Schwab accounts.
  • yoyomanii
    yoyomanii Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    mine is also fidelity. called fidelity and they say everything is good on their side. signed into fidelity with no problem. it is a quicken problem
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am having same issue. Bugsplat if you try to update fidelity accounts. Also bugsplat if you reset online access for a fidelity account.
  • m230340
    m230340 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Upgrading Schwab causing a bugsplat pop-up. Quicken needs to fix ASAP.
  • rjapikse
    rjapikse Member ✭✭
    same - just fidelity. Merrill works. had to remove Fidelity from one step update and now I can update all the rest of my accounts with OSU. Once I was able to update fidelity by itself, but not anymore
  • WT293
    WT293 Member ✭✭
    Yep, same issue here. Running OSU on Quicken 2020 for Windows results in crash and bugsplat.
  • shafrs3
    shafrs3 Member ✭✭
    One step update freezes with status wheel spinning for me. I need to use task manager to close Quicken.
  • Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭
    Bugsplat on Fidelity update here too.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wish to be kept updated about this, bookmark the Alert by clicking on the start to the right of the Alert title.
    There is also another thread on this subject you might want to also follow by bookmarking it:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883120/one-step-update-crashes-quicken-and-launches-bugsplat/p2.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    Update from Sarah at 8:54AM on the 'Updates and Know Problems' page...

"We are investigating reports of Quicken for Windows Users experiencing a crash when performing a One Step Update.

We have escalated this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution becomes available, please "bookmark" this Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you!"
  • tew53080
    tew53080 Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. Weatherscape investments are not updating. Quicken starts to update those and shuts down immediately with Bugsplat opening.
  • JimWMart
    JimWMart Member ✭✭
    Have narrowed the problem to Fidelity
  • m230340
    m230340 Member ✭✭
    Seriously Quicken? It's 2020 - your software should not crash.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry....Sarah's update is on the 'Alerts & Know Product Issues' page.

NEW 11/10/20 Crash When Running One Step Update
    Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod8:54AM in Alerts & Known Product Issues
    We are investigating reports of Quicken for Windows Users experiencing a crash when performing a One Step Update.

We have escalated this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution becomes available, please "bookmark" this Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you!
    Tagged: Online BankingKnown IssuesWindows
    Flag · Off Topic Dislike 9Like LOL
  • cedwards53
    cedwards53 Member ✭✭
    After reading all of these comments I removed Fidelity Investments from the One Step Update and it completed successfully
  • yoyomanii
    yoyomanii Member ✭✭
    just got off the phone with quicken support. quicken support has been notified that there is a problem with connecting to fidelity and they are working on getting the connection going. I was told to wait a couple of hours and try again to add the account.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for validating it's not just my problem.  Hard to tell sometimes.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Same here using latest Subscription version and latest Windows 10. Validated the file, rebooted computer - no help. After several OSU crashes, I was able to update all accounts individually with no problems but then OSU crashed immediately when I tried it again. I don't have any Fidelity accounts. Sent several BugSplat reports.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Vystar transaction download also gives an error now.  It was working yesterday.

• Sam Iyer
    Sam Iyer Member ✭✭
    Thanks a lot
    is there a whatsapp group for quicken users?
  • Jim59@
    Jim59@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Same issue here with both Fidelity and Wealthscape Investor accounts. Everything was working fine yesterday. Now today, trying to update these accounts causes crash\bug splat screen.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rbarmhome Bugsplat appears to be a Quicken crash problem submission form.  I just wish it identified as related to Quicken when it pops up.

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, my one step update hangs on Fidelity
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Quicken R29.22 build 27.1.29.22 crashes with a "Bugsplat" message when I use one step to download transactions and balances. I have found some similar comments. Is Bugsplat a part of Quicken?
  • crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's just fidelity: AMEX, Schwab too
  • Oldman
    Oldman Member
    > @leishirsute said:
    > Getting Bugsplat crash screen when Quicken R29.22 attempts to download transactions from Fidelity.
    > Other accounts download okay.
    > I restored a backup that worked and retried the download and still got the crash.
    > Is anyone else getting this?
    > It started this morning.

Having same problem. Just spoke with Fidelity Tec and Tec used is personal account and confirmed he was having same problem. Requested he have Fidelity Tech contact Quicken to expedite solution.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wish to be kept updated about this, bookmark the Alert by clicking on the start to the right of the Alert title.
    There is also another thread on this subject you might want to also follow by bookmarking it:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883120/one-step-update-crashes-quicken-and-launches-bugsplat/p2.
    FYI:  For me, Fidelity is also a problem but others report it is an issue with different FIs and not Fidelity (since they don't have Fidelity as a FI).  Not sure what is going on, yet, but it seems to be an issue affecting some DC FIs.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.