Fidelity Transactions Not Downloading

Eastwayroad
Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
I have 3 separate data files each linked to separate Fidelity accounts.
The 2 older accounts download transactions perfectly but the newest account file created in July stopped working 2 months ago. No error message. And no transactions.
Did an account reset & deactivate/reactivate with no success. Frustrating.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    (CTP-4806)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Just a further clue to the above.
    This morning I'm getting error OL362A for my 2 Fidelity file/accounts- a problem that's usually temporary.
    But the problematic 3rd file/account doesn't get far enough in the download process to register the
    error. Just goes through the motions with no transactions to report.
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    One more note, fund prices within the account are being updated but not transactions.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    My Fidelity transactions stopped downloading 8/26. Onestep update says that downloads are occurring as normal. but they are not. The "online center" shows me that the "downloaded transactions" are as of 8/26. Enormously frustrating. I updated to the newest Quicken version at about the time this issue arose.
  • Hello @MBK

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly is occurring when attempting to initiate a One Step Update or when trying to utilize an individual account update? Are you receiving any error messages or codes?

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure what else I can say. Onestep update seems to work fine. But nothing is downloaded. No error messages. The "online center" shows me that the "downloaded transactions" are as of 8/26, which I believe is probably the date of the last fidelity transaction download. I have been downloading from Fidelity for probably 20 years. It just stopped working, without saying that anything was wrong.
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue as MBK..... One step update appears to work.... but no transactions are downloading. Entering dozens of transactions manually is becoming super time consuming!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    MBK said:
    Not sure what else I can say. Onestep update seems to work fine. But nothing is downloaded. No error messages. The "online center" shows me that the "downloaded transactions" are as of 8/26, which I believe is probably the date of the last fidelity transaction download. I have been downloading from Fidelity for probably 20 years. It just stopped working, without saying that anything was wrong.
    Hello @MBK

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions after updates. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then review these items to see if any of them apply:
    1. Has the sort order been changed in the register? Confirm that the Sort Order in your account is by Date; just click the top of the Date column in your account register.  It's possible the transactions are in your register, but not where you thought they should be.
      Im Missing Some Transactions or New Transactions Did Not Download From My Bank Quicken for Windows
    2. Click the Reset button at the top of the register, to confirm that there's no filtering in your account register.
    3. Are these missing transactions over 90 days old?  Most banks have a limit (usually 90 days) on transaction download.  If you need transaction history older than what the download contains, many banks will make this available on their website via Web Connect.  To use Web Connect, you can find information here, or contact your bank.
    4. Are these transactions still marked as "pending" on your bank's website?  Pending transactions have been authorized by your bank but not cleared and paid from your account yet. Most banks don't allow transactions to download until the transaction clears the bank.
    5. Are you using Web Connect (logging in to your bank's website to manually download transactions into Quicken)?  Some banks only allow downloads to Quicken after the statement closing date, meaning that you won't see new transactions in Quicken until the statement closes.  If you can't select a date range when you try to download from your bank, it means that you're only able to download new transactions after the statement closing date.
    6. Was the missing transaction incorrectly matched to another transaction in the register?  This is common with repeating payments made to the same payee for the same amount.
    7. Have any transactions been deleted recently? Transactions won't download again after being deleted.  If a transaction was deleted in error, you can re-enter it manually (if there's a large group of deleted transactions, it may also be easier to restore a backup).
    8. Was the transaction moved from one account register to another? Click on All Transactions in your account bar and search for the missing transaction.  If you find the transactions in an incorrect account, you can move the transactions to the correct account: just select the transaction(s), right-click, and select Move transaction(s).  Select the correct account and click OK
    9. Was an older backup restored after you accepted the downloaded transaction(s)? The backup file will restore account information up to the date it was created, which may be before the missing transactions were downloaded.
    You can read more about this in the Support Article linked here

I look forward to any correspondence you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I too am having the same issues. When I attempt to download transactions, Quicken appears to be downloading the recent transactions in my multiple accounts -- but none are are showing. I tried your "Fix", but it did not work.
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same issue. Investment transactions no longer download to my multiple Quicken accounts. It's been this way for about a week.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I too am having the same issues. When I attempt to download transactions, Quicken appears to be downloading the recent transactions in my multiple accounts -- but none are are showing. I tried your "Fix", but it did not work.
    Hello @bobdavenport

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for speaking with us about this in this Quicken Community Discussion. 

If the above steps were unsuccessful in resolving your issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. They will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose this problem in greater detail using the tools at their disposal. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    I seem to have gotten a template cut and paste response. None of these 9 situations apply or are causing my issue. For what its worth, every time I do a download the system says that 15 Fidelity transactions have been downloaded. but they have not been--no new transactions appear. And it the same number every time, which would not be the case if there was a real, new downloads. The "online center" shows me that the "downloaded transactions" are as of 8/26, after every new attempt at a download. No error message. Downloads from other financial institutions are working fine

It appears from the comments that others are having this issue as well. I hope it will be fixed. Quicken is essentially useless to me with this issue.
  • I'm also having the same problem with my Fidelity Investment accounts. . My downloaded transactions haven't been updated since 8/27.

Very frustrating. This is the whole point of having Quicken.
  • JudgeDon
    JudgeDon Member ✭✭
    My fidelity transactions do not update
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

(CTP-4806)

-Quicken Anja

• MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Very disconcerting that there is no solution and no indication as to when/if there will be a solution. My sperate post was combined with Eastwayroad's post. May be the same issue, may not be. Mine and several other arose on August 26 or 27
  • Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    As a followup I created a new test data file and successfully downloaded the problematic Fidelity account transactions.
    I then deleted the account in my active data file, recreated it and successfully downloaded all transactions to date. We'll see if it continues to work.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    I have twenty plus years of transaction history in some 16 fidelity accounts. So deleting an account is not an option for me. I would certainly appreciate it if Quicken fixed this
  • kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue with Fidelity not downloading. I've disconnected the account and am unable to reconnect now. I can login to Fidelity directly just fine. My Fidelity CC is issued by Elan Financial Services. Should I be reestablishing the account with Elan OR Fidelity? (I thought it was Elan... however, that's not working using the Fidelity credentials).
  • gknesek
    gknesek Member
    I'm having the same exact issue and it started at the same time. I wonder if it happened with the update/patch for Chase? Any updates would be appreciated
  • kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I resolved my particular issue with Fidelity CC.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    @kenjo I am glad that your problem was resolved but your issue has nothing to do with the seperate issue that I am a number of others are experiencing. Our fidelity downloads have stopped recently, even though one-step update wrongly says that the download was successful. This happened for me and for other on August 26. this has nothing to do with downloads of Fidelity branded credit cards which, as you note, are issued by Elan, not Fidelity. Like @gknesek,I wonder if this issue was caused by a recent update. I updated my Quicken to the current version at about the time this issue started. Its obviously a systemic issue, as man are experiencing it so I don't see how I can fix this without guidance from Fidelity. A huge problem as my financial life is on quicken and at Fidelity.
  • kenjo
    kenjo Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Thank you @MBK. My particular Fidelity CC problem with Quicken downloads happened to coincide timewise. I agree, they're different issues and apologize for conflating the two.

However, I can confirm that my Fidelity accounts are NOT updating even though the Quicken downloads say they're successful. This also started after my Chase update on Sept 2. So, yes, Quicken and Fidelity need to figure this out ASAP.
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Agree @kenjo credit card issue is not the same problem that most are reporting. Problem is that Fidelity Investment brokerage account transactions are not downloading -- not related to third part credit card.
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    Hello All,

I also have this problem and submitted a ticket over the weekend. Should I hear from someone? Or is it just used in aggregate to verify that there is a problem?
  • mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    Same issues here. No error messages, but Fidelity transactions are not being downloaded from multiple accounts and user names. Update shows last successful update as 8/29.

Like others, I also had the challenges with the Chase reauthorization and the institution name changed on a few Fidelity accounts. Changing them back along with multiple resets and deactivations has not solved the problem.

I have submitted a problem report to help provide additional data, and hope that Quicken recognizes that this is not an isolated issue among users so that it can promptly provide a fix. The latest problems with Quicken failing to interact properly not only with Fidelity, but also Chase and BECU have been challenging to say the least.
  • I am yet another user that lost the ability to download Fidelity transactions into Quicken Premier. Has been going on since the beginning of the month. Hopefully Quicken will stop sending out inane posts about resorting transactions, and actually try to solve what seems to be a widespread problem.
  • > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

Attempted to "Report a Problem". That effort yielded an error. Perhaps my sanitized data file was too large? More Quicken frustration. Uggh!
  • wot
    wot Member ✭✭
    Same issue, none of the "fixes" mentioned above fix my problem. My downloading problem began about the same time as mentioned by others, but I really didn't notice til 9/1/22. I've reported the problem through the program as well. quite frustrating.
  • erintell
    erintell Member ✭✭
    I use Quicken for Windows, and for some reason I have been unable to download my Fidelity Investments transactions in the last week (although quotes update). There are no errors: Quicken says the download was successful (even though transactions are missing). I called Quicken support but they were unable to resolve the issue. I ran my Quicken file through a validate and super-validate but no change. For the fun of it, I created a new Quicken file and Fidelity transactions did download into the new Quicken file. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.
  • mfFrom35k
    mfFrom35k Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. I was able to fix it by loading a backup from 10 days earlier and re-doing all the downloads for that period. It was painful and completely unacceptable that Quicken would release code that would break the Fidelity connection and change data. I have been through these problems multiple times in the past having to go back to a backkp file because of a poorly tested release of Quicken and it is frustrating. I have to remember not to run anything new from Quicken without creating a backup first. This time was especially troubling as I didn't have any new Fidelity transactions for 10 days and thus didn't notice. I will not run the Chase update again until I see confirmed posts on this thread that the problem is resolved and I will definitely backup first and intentionally withdraw a small amount from Fidelity to test the connection a day later. Arghh!!!
This discussion has been closed.