Fidelity Transactions Not Downloading

Options

Answers

• winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave up; moved my Fidelity accounts to Schwab.  Sad, but I need to be able to download transactions daily.  We have a lot of accounts.  Given how prevalent personal information is stolen and accounts are hacked, I need to be able to download transactions daily to review their validity.  In the past, I've discovered many credit card issues and I expect one of my other financial accounts will be hacked some day.  Certainly, am not getting what Quicken has promised in my subscription.  What is also sad is that might one day a hovering lawyer see all this and go after Quicken with a mass tort or class-action?  Probably a few of us could prove harm.
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't notice that my transactions were not downloading. I have tried resetting as well as disabling the account. I also tried adding a new account to my current quicken file and creating a brand new file with just Fidelity. In all cases, I am not getting investment transactions downloading.

Is this being tracked as an issue or do you still need more data? I did report a problem in my big file that I had just tried re-adding the account. (not the new blank file)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dan said:
    I didn't notice that my transactions were not downloading. I have tried resetting as well as disabling the account. I also tried adding a new account to my current quicken file and creating a brand new file with just Fidelity. In all cases, I am not getting investment transactions downloading.

Is this being tracked as an issue or do you still need more data? I did report a problem in my big file that I had just tried re-adding the account. (not the new blank file)
    Hello @Dan,    

I do apologize about this problem with online banking services. Thank you so much for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

We have noticed a number of separate issues regarding Fidelity Investments that are now being looked into, however, I do have a couple of questions about your particular situation. What instance of Fidelity are you making use of, and what connection method are you utilizing in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Financial Institution: Fidelity Investments
    Connection Method: Direct Connection
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi All, I am very sorry for the continued delay and lack of communication regarding the issues you have been experiencing with Fidelity. 

I have reached out for more information and our engineers and software developers are aware of the issues you are experiencing and are looking into it as well as working on a resolution. We do not have an ETA, however, this has been escalated. 

What is really helpful to us is if you are experiencing issues with Fidelity and downloading transactions, please share in detail what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this issue, what steps were taken that caused the issue, what connection method you are seeing and to submit the issue via HELP> Submit a problem, if you have not already. 

I hope to have more details soon but I wanted to let you all know we are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you. 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Shawn Scottsdale
    Options
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    > Hi All, I am very sorry for the continued delay and lack of communication regarding the issues you have been experiencing with Fidelity. I have reached out for more information and our engineers and software developers are aware of the issues you are experiencing and are looking into it as well as working on a resolution. We do not have an ETA, however, this has been escalated. 
    >
    > What is really helpful to us is if you are experiencing issues with Fidelity and downloading transactions, please share in detail what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this issue, what steps were taken that caused the issue, what connection method you are seeing and to submit the issue via HELP> Submit a problem, if you have not already. 
    >
    > I hope to have more details soon but I wanted to let you all know we are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you. 
    >
    > -Quicken Janean

Lucky for you... you have 8 pages and approx 250 reports on the details of what people have experieneced/done over the past 2.5 months.
  • colowizard
    colowizard Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"robert W" said:
    > WORKAROUND - I have found a way to allow for Fidelity downloads from accounts that show that they think they are using the EWC+ method of connection (see my earlier posts). This is not for the faint of heart, so make sure you make a backup before you start, but it worked for me - finally.
    This DID NOT work for my Fidelity or Etrade accounts.

>
    > Step by step:
    >
    > 1) Make sure the broken account's online update is deactivated and that the account number is deleted
    > 2) Create a new brokerage account with a different name from the broken account
    > 3) With the broken account window open, click the gear icon and select "move transactions".
    > 4) Select all (there is a button at the bottom of the window), and select the name of the new account from the pulldown menu at the lower right side of the window.
    > 5) This is the scary step. Push the move button. Quicken will give you a couple of warning and notification messages, move the transactions, and run a file validation. This can take a few minutes.
    > 6) When this is over, the transactions should be in the new account and the old account should be empty.
    > 7) At this point, I used the "delete account" button in the general tab of the account details window to delete the old account, though I am not sure this step is necessary here.
    > 8) Use the "Add Account" tool in the Tools menu to add a Fidelity account. You'll have to use your Fidelity Quicken logon credentials here. After it connects to Fidelity, you should see all your Fidelity accounts listed. The ones that are not broken should appear as "do not add to Quicken" (as they are already added. But the broken account should give you the option to link the new account to the account that was not downloading.
    > 9) Connect these accounts and be hopeful.
    >
    > In my case, when the download was over, Quicken told me it imported 2296 transactions. It actually imported transactions going back to July, but the ones that were already in my account were already matched, and only the ones that had not yet been imported were "new". I accepted all, and the transactions were imported properly. There was no duplication - the "matched" transactions did not import and the "new" transactions did. The account balances at the end were correct. I did a quick comparison of lot history in Quicken against the lot history at Fidelity itself, because I almost always sell lots using specific shares, and the lot histories appear correct. I am going to do more work on this, and will let you know if I find any problems, but at this point, I feel like this has worked for me.
  • brantleyhill
    brantleyhill Member ✭✭
    Options
    I read this answer over a week ago and went into all Quicken accounts and checked for this issue, all of my accounts are ok - don't show this greyed out Customer ID in the Account Details general tab. So this solution may work for some, but it did not correct my download issue.
  • wjoej
    wjoej Member
    Options
    I have a download issue with fidelity account - ever since added the Chase program. What is the solution - it's now been 3 months and I haven't received any information from Quicken on a fix for this. I do not want to spend my time exploring options that may or may not work - this is obviously affecting others, This is a Quicken issue. What's the resolution??.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have just noticed that none of my Fidelity accounts (I have five) have downloaded any transactions since October 03.  So therefore, I also have this problem... is there a solution?  I have reset each account, they appear to connect to Fidelity, but no investment transactions download (and I know there are many since Oct 03).  Is there a resolution to this issue, Quicken Jared?

Thanks for your help
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem with Fidelity - no downloaded transactions since Oct 03. Any real solution? Thanks
  • mr rahs
    mr rahs Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Janean

Thanks for posting the first public acknowledgement from Quicken that this problem is recognized. Hopefully this case of 'escalated' is different from what we've heard before.

@Shawn Scottsdale is again right on. Please don't ask us to spend even more time providing Quicken with info. Quicken's customers have already committed countless hours to this. Numerous calls have been made. Data has been collected. Quicken already has more than enough info, and this thread is a literal treasure trove. It's all there for an engineer or developer to simply read in order to understand the issue.
  • jmihnos
    jmihnos Member
    Options
    I cancelled auto renewal of my subscription to Quicken. I have Chase, Bank of America and Fidelity accounts. I will not renew unless the situation improves. Meanwhile I am actively looking at replacements.
  • DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue is that an account has been changed in error from Direct Connect to EWC+. Even though it says it is direct connect, the Customer ID is missing and grayed out on the Account Details General tab. When you hover over the ? Its showing EWC+. When deactivated the Fidelity account that was causing the problem (the one that had shown Chase for the financial institution), the other accounts downloaded. correctly.
    The issue seems to be a few accounts that were changed in error from direct connect to EWC+ during an update late August update for security upgrades for Chase and other institutions. It seems like a simple fix for quicken to give us an option to switch these Fidelity accounts back to direct connect from EWC+.
    What is the big problem to do this?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no indication that Fido supports anything besides Direct Connect
    Fidelity Investments    http://www.Fidelity.com    (800) 544-7931    http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/disclaimer.shtml    ACTIVE    INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT
    SO, deactivate your Fidelity connection(s) and re-activate being sure to use Direct Connect if a choice is offered.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    respectfully @NotACPA, that is not a helpful comment.   As the posts in this very long topic make clear your suggestion does not work.   This is something Quicken needs to fix but has not and apparently will not fix.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leaving your connection  to FIDO as EWC will NEVER work.  As I displayed, Fido only supports Direct Connect.  My info, inserted in my prior reply, is from FIDIR.TXT which is the Q file that documents the connection types for all of the financial institutions and QWin.
    That file is somewhere on your computer also (it might be hidden).  Locate it and see for yourself.

• MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @NotACPA, as is AMPLY explained in this thread (I was one of those who started it) we are well aware Fidelity does not support support EWC.  The Quicken program unilaterally changed many or  all of our Fidelity accounts to EWC and it is impossible to change them back.   Quicken needs to fix this.  But I doubt it will.  My suggestion is that people read the posts here before suggesting fixes.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHY can you not de-activate and re-activate?  What happens?
    I have no inclination to read thru 9 pages of messages to find out.

• DGA
    DGA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well said MBK. If we could change it back to direct connection, the problem would be solved.
  • MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried the method explained by @drallop3 on page 2 of this thread?

• MBK
    MBK Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As you can see from the 7 pages that follow that supposed solution it does not work.  What concerns me is that you are jumping into this thread, not having read it and not understanding what the issue is, and suggesting that the issue is user error or that there is some straightforward user-side fix.  Quicken needs to understand that it needs to fix this.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    @Quicken Janean

Thanks for posting the first public acknowledgement from Quicken that this problem is recognized. Hopefully this case of 'escalated' is different from what we've heard before.

@Shawn Scottsdale is again right on. Please don't ask us to spend even more time providing Quicken with info. Quicken's customers have already committed countless hours to this. Numerous calls have been made. Data has been collected. Quicken already has more than enough info, and this thread is a literal treasure trove. It's all there for an engineer or developer to simply read in order to understand the issue.
    @Mrrahs  Our software engineers are asking for data to always to be submitted as even though an issue may seem to be the same for everyone in this thread, they have come across instances where a user has a completely different issue that is not related to everyone else in the overall thread. 

Additionally as we work on an issue, a new one may pop up or it may be resolved and we can track that, so it's always good to submit logs, especially if you have not already. Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

• Dan
    Dan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Janean said:
    > Hi All, I am very sorry for the continued delay and lack of communication regarding the issues you have been experiencing with Fidelity. I have reached out for more information and our engineers and software developers are aware of the issues you are experiencing and are looking into it as well as working on a resolution. We do not have an ETA, however, this has been escalated. 
    >
    > What is really helpful to us is if you are experiencing issues with Fidelity and downloading transactions, please share in detail what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this issue, what steps were taken that caused the issue, what connection method you are seeing and to submit the issue via HELP> Submit a problem, if you have not already. 
    >
    > I hope to have more details soon but I wanted to let you all know we are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. Thank you. 
    >
    > -Quicken Janean

I just attempted another sync with just Fidelity and then submitted a new problem report.
  • xman04
    xman04 Member
    Options
    Bump... data sent via "report a problem" w/in the app. Anxiously waiting like everyone else. Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting this problem, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

This problem first occurred in Aug 2022. It's now Nov - 3 months. I will not be renewing my subscription if it the problem is not corrected.
  • mlweiland
    mlweiland Member ✭✭
    Options
    This forum has been illuminating, and frustrating, for those of us with Chase and Fidelity accounts. It is pretty clear that this is what happened:
    1. We had to re-authorize Chase for the new download method.
    2. In the course of re-authorizing the Chase accounts, it erroneously linked the accounts to one or more of our Fidelity accounts.
    3. The Chase authorization was eventually fixed, and Chase downloads work again.
    4. The Fidelity account transactions have NOT downloaded since the error described above in #2.
    5. The problem is NOT with Fidelity Investments. If we create a whole new Quicken file, and add the Fidelity accounts, the transactions download normally.
    6. Anything I have tried to fix the Fidelity accounts in my Quicken has not worked. I have deactivated online update from every Fidelity account (1 have 11 active accts, including IRAs, brokerage, checking, managed accounts, etc.), and re-activated online update.
    7. I was able to restore a backup from before all this happened (early September for me), and downloads work. But now I am faced with updating 3 months worth of transactions, many of which are things like payments to credit card or investment accounts that must all be manually re-classified.

QUICKEN -- YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. Provide a fix to un-corrupt the Fidelity accounts that got corrupted by the faulty Chase update. We have seen 3 months of "we are working on it." NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
  • brantleyhill
    brantleyhill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well described and I believe your diagnosis is accurate. You/we should not have to re-enter transactions due to a coding error created by Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.