Citibank Reauthorization failure- Webpage "Citibank Consent" is blank

Options

Answers

• TiredWorkingMom
    Options

I got further in the process when using Edge instead of Chrome browser to authorize Citi. But, Quicken just clocks and clocks and finally says the process failed. I backed up Quicken, validated, then super validated. Signed in and out of my Quicken account. Turned off mobile and web sync. There is nothing else to try from what I've read on the forums. I look forward to an update on this.

• gerrymills@juno.com
    Options

To Add (Costco) Citi Bank Account in Quicken, go to Tools, Add Account, go to bottom right of page, click on Add Account, Pop Up comes up, click on Search 14000 plus.  Type in just “Citi” in open area at top of page, it will show Costco Anywhere Citi Card - Press O K.

• deBronkart
    deBronkart Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Quicken support, I asked a week ago to unsubscribe from this issue. How come I keep getting emails on it?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure who you asked. If you asked in this Community you should know that this is a Quicken users forum, not a Quicken Support website, and we users have no such authority to fulfill requests like this.

Regardless, there is no way to unsubscribe from a post thread, although many have requested it in the past. We will cease getting notifications about this thread when people stop posting in it or when the thread is closed by the Moderators.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As @Boatnmaniac point out you can't unsubscribe from individual threads. You might want to consider not getting notifications from any of them. But leave on getting them from the ones you bookmark (which you can un-bookmark).

If you click on your profile image in the upper right and select Account & Privacy Settings and then Notifications Preferences, you can turn off this one:

Note you probably also want to leave on this one:

That way you will still get notifications if someone directly references you.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • KQ
    KQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Language]

• jthelw
    jthelw Member ✭✭
    Options

After Citibank reauthorization, transactions are now being posted to a completely different account (a CD that matured in 2003!)

• shimataro
    shimataro Member ✭✭
    Options

I get asked to re-authorize my Citibank accounts everyday, on both my Windows and Mac platforms. The procedures DOES completely successfully, but it's a DAILY re-authorization step I have to take with Citibank downloads.
    I thought perhaps it has something to do with converting my Citibank accounts to Simplified Banking (their new account banking method that is slowly going to be rolled out in 2024). But I think it's just a general Citibank issue.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well…. it worked. But now it asks me to reauthorize everyday!!! UGH!

C'mon Intuit, we've got other things to do than troubleshoot your software for you!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for 8 years (but it still might be their fault). The new company is called Quicken Inc, and it pays Intuit as their "aggregator" for the "connection services" which include the connection between the Intuit servers and the financial institution. The flow for Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect +:

Quicken (the program) ←> sync to Quicken Connection Services ←> Intuit server ←> financial institution

But of course, with all these moving parts it is hard to say (as user of Quicken) just what part is messing up.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • quad
    quad Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue - got the re-authorize to work, but now have to go through the re-auth every day. Atleast it works - maybe that's Quicken's way of debugging something - just make sure you have to do it over and over again to show tat it works?

• Someupsetuser
    Someupsetuser Member ✭✭
    Options

Have this same problem with Citibank and Wells Fargo.

AND ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS.

• amyt
    amyt Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Quicken is broken for me until this is fixed.

• chetmartin
    chetmartin Member
    Options

on my windows 11 computer with edge, i cleared the cache. restarted edge , quicken connected to Citibank let me signin and is now working

• Richard Kutnick
    Richard Kutnick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Chetmartin, I tried your fix to no avail. Going the Edge browser route, Citi stated that I had the wrong credentials! So I thought, why not clear my CHROME cache and try to update—VOILA, THAT DID THE TRICK!

• shimataro
    shimataro Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing happening to me. I use 3 platforms. Desktop, laptop and mac. Everyone of them asks me to reauthorize everyday.

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Member
    Options

This is still an issue!!!!! I have downloaded the latest version of Quicken and cleared the cache in my browser.

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Member
    Options

I finally got it to work. I changed the default browser to Chrome (which I don't normally use), cleared the cache and tried again. Voila!

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Member
    Options

I spoke too soon. It authorized the connection and I got an email confirmation from citibank. But now Quicken doesn't seem to be able to download the transactions. It's been sitting like this for several minutes. Quicken has stopped responding and I had to end it in the Task Manager. I restarted Quicken and the same thing!

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Member
    Options

Making progress - but still no go.

Just sits there for several minutes. The circle stops spinning almost immediately, Only way to get out of it is to End the Task in the Task Manager. Quicken is completely nonresponsive. I've restarted my computer multiple times. This exact issue has been going on with Citibank downloads for months. The lastest update and new Citi connection has not affect. I'm ready to dump Quicken! I've been a customer for well over 20 years.

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Member
    Options

It finally it completed. Downright painful.

• tom 8021
    tom 8021 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still can't download transactions . It gets hung up on " https://auth.citi.com/ASag/oauth2/consent" it just times out.

• FoxFifth
    FoxFifth Member ✭✭
    Options

According to the following the issue has been resolved. See:

I updated to the latest version of Quicken and was able to connect to Citibank using Latest version of Safari on a Mac. However it did not take me to the website window to authorize the new connection.

I then went to Accounts > Settings > Citibank > Change Connection and that did take me to the website to authorize the new connection. That worked yesterday and is still working today. Only noticeable difference for me is that downloading transactions is faster than it used to be.

• Jim26@
    Jim26@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

I am having the same problem. I have tried clearing my cache. I have tried using another browser. The link to Ticket #10758706 does not work. I get a permissions error. I wanted to be alerted when Quicken fixes this. Until then, I can download transactions by logging into my Citi Credit Card account, but that is a pain.

UPDATE:

I read the following "New Citi Cards…" link below and logged into the Citibank account and went to the section to authorize desktop applications.

That alone didn't work. Despite the fact I cleared cache in Brave, etc.

So, I made Edge my default browser, logged in to Citi and started the authorization timer, then went into Quicken as described below and tried again and it FINALLY WORKED!

Problem solved

• Rob K
    Rob K Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem

• Rob K
    Rob K Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had this problem for weeks and I just got it to work. Here is what I did:

1. signed onto citi and downloaded a manual quicken transaction update .qfx for the last month and imported it into quicken.
    2. stayed signed in to citi and performed the auto update from within quicken and followed the steps to upate citi.
    3. I don't now which of these made the difference but it worked…..

• Jeanne
    Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've got FOUR e-mails from Citibank on 1/26 telling me I'm all set up. But it's not true. (Moreover, it didn't look true at the time I tried to authorize. Just hanging. But the Citibank messages flew nonetheless.)

Yesterday, I got an e-mail FROM QUICKEN saying "Your new Citibank connection is ready!" But I just went thru the same loop. I seem to be doing what's required but eventually, the ACTIVATE window just hangs and nothing is accomplished. (As before, one time today I got nowhere and got no e-mail confirm. The second time today, I went thru a Citibank two-factor auth. routine. I got another Citibank confirmation e-mail while the ACTIVATE window was still hanging. When I close the hanging window, of course, I cancel the activation that has already been [falsely] confirmed.)

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you to those who mentioned that they shut off privacy blockers and cookie blockers. I was able to get this to work by shutting off Ghostery in Edge.

• fbock1887
    fbock1887 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still unable to update. Just times out. I've reported this as a problem on more than one occasion. I've posted about it several times in the community and still no action on the part of Quicken. This is totally unacceptable and diminishes the utility of Quicken. It's becoming a lousy product.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem. I tried using Edge and got invalid username/password. Tried several times - with the correct username/password. Edge keeps giving me this invalid error.

This is huge problem. I can't believe Quicken is not addressing it.