8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Comments

• Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just had the 5.0.49 update of the app pushed to my phone. All my balances are correct. However, the problem of duplicate transactions in the app only occurred after downloading transactions via OSU from the desktop. So, we'll see how it goes. I'll report back.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just did a OSU, with several credit card transaction downloaded, and there are no duplicate transactions in the mobile app, release 5.0.49. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :-)
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I received the 5.0.49 update this morning. Checking account balances (2 of them) are both off. Mine is still low at 104.00 should be 3,000, wifes says 16,000 should be also around 3500. Funny if you watch the mobile screen, it will flash the correct value for a split second and then go back to that wrong value. Only happens on the two CHECKING or SHAREDRAFT accounts at my CU. Also as a side note, when swiping left and right and displaying the ONLINE, CURRENT, PROJECTED, some of those values say 0 when there should be a value. So no fix on balances for me, yet.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    For me, after the latest update, I had to reset the cloud data and resync for everything to finally be correct. 
  • Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    jimmy said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Q18, Balances change when I setup sync for mobile.

I’ve spoken with numerous support persons with no resolution yet. Quicken 2018 - I noticed after the latest Mobile App update that the balances didn’t match my accounts (at bank or desktop, desktop matches). As I attempted the various solutions recommended, I discovered the problem was bigger. When I logged out of the ID at my desktop then attempted to reestablish the sync, each time that I do my balances are changed (it is duplicating transactions in various accounts). So I logged back out, restore my backup and stopped the madness after several tries in this binary loop (of attempt and restore). Do not understand why this link/sync would modify my account activity on my desktop.

FYI If the "incorrect" login credentials are pushed to the financial institution a sufficient number of times (without a correct login occurring), then the financial institution will lock you our of your account. Then you will need to phone up the financial institution and convince them that you are who you say you are, and get them to reset the password.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tom said:

I received the 5.0.49 update this morning. Checking account balances (2 of them) are both off. Mine is still low at 104.00 should be 3,000, wifes says 16,000 should be also around 3500. Funny if you watch the mobile screen, it will flash the correct value for a split second and then go back to that wrong value. Only happens on the two CHECKING or SHAREDRAFT accounts at my CU. Also as a side note, when swiping left and right and displaying the ONLINE, CURRENT, PROJECTED, some of those values say 0 when there should be a value. So no fix on balances for me, yet.

Try ressetting the cloud, and resynching from the desktop.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm finding the mobile app alarmingly buggy.

It's reporting my savings as $10,000 OVERDRAWN - in fact the Bank reports that it's about $4000.

The app seems to be deducting money I put into SAVINGS GOALS from the Account Balance , but not crediting money I withdraw from savings goals. It's also VERY buggy in recording transfers from one account to another (such as paying a credit card - but maybe I'm the only person in the world who does this?!?!?!)

EPIC FAIL!!!!! I'm ready to delete the app entirely.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I finally got home from a trip, and so I wanted to reset the cloud data and resync.  I went to help screen to find out how to reset Cloud data on Quicken 2017 and it said to go to Preferences, then Mobile and Alerts, then go to the Advanced Tab and hit Reset Connected services. I don't have an Advanced Tab. Called online support and he said ADVANCED TAB is on windows version that I should , just go to Mobile and Alerts and got to ACCOUNTS and hit UPDATE. That did no good.Wifes checking still -$16,000 and mine -$149. So I search GOOGLE, and came up with many links. But the one that say go to preferences and CONNECTED SERVICES and see a tiny hyperlink in the middle of the page that says "reset". It's red. Doing that now. Did the reset, then Synched, but now the Quicken App is still refreshing and it has been 20 minutes and I could see correct values (as before) for a few seconds, but now the -$16,000 is back and it is still refreshing. Calling support again. Said to delete Quicken Mobile app, did that, and downloaded, and it refreshed in 30 seconds, and Balances appear to be OK, now. Thanks to all.....hang in there Homer ...(above), you will get it
  • DJKM
    DJKM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Thinking about this for a few minutes over a cup of Java decided to turn off the sync on the desktop, close the program & reopen..Activated the sync and did the up date again. data on both iPad & iPhone now correct!..Don't quite understand why that was necessary but no need to fight City hall.

So the issue which remains is the data shown as clipped on the iPad using 5.0.47. titles ie cash & credits, today's balance & the $$ are clipped

Used this, with many extra steps to FINALLY get the Today & Projected balances correct on the iOS app. I had already tried turning it on and off, deleted the data, deleted the app, etc. But thinking about what you said about closing the program got me to thinking, too (also over a cup of Java by the way). By adding that step in the middle of everything else I tried, the balances are finally all correct on the iOS app. THANKS!
  • DJKM
    DJKM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken cloud sync on new app - Balances are way off.

With the new app, there are 3 balance types. None of those balances match the quicken desktop amounts. Upon each attempted sync, the balances become more and more incorrect. The transfers seem to be doubling and tripling within the app only. Attempted to fix with new file, reset cloud data, reinstall app, reinstall quicken, contacted quicken chat (no help), and reconcile/re-sync. Nothing is working to fix the balance discrepancy that started with the release of this new app.

Did you ever get this corrected? If so, please share what you did. If not, this worked for me. Not sure if it was the combination of things I did, if all of these steps are actually necessary, if it will even work again, OR I was just lucky.

If you try it, I would love to know if it works or not. Here is what I did:

I deleted the iOS app first, 
    Reset the data on the Cloud on the desktop app (Mac), 
    Turned off mobile Syncing (on the desktop), 
    Reset the data on the Cloud again, (I know this one probably was not necessary, but I figured why not),
    THEN quit/closed and restarted/opened the (desktop) program, 
    Turned mobile Syncing back on, 
    Synced the data again (went through the "Accounts" and unchecked the accounts I did not want to sync and hit the Update button)
    Reinstalled the app on my phone and logged in 

EVERYTHING appears to be correct on the app now (including the Today & Projected Balances) each time I open the app (at least so far).
    (Thanks to Concordman for the idea about closing the desktop program after turning off the mobile Syncing).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm on Android and Quicken 2018 membership.   Still have not been able to get the update to the new version on my or the wifes phone.  Still no budget (have the lasting disabled notice).  Is there anything I can do?  Is it possible I just have not hit the "wave" for the update?  I show latest update to be Dec 2017.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

I'm on Android and Quicken 2018 membership.   Still have not been able to get the update to the new version on my or the wifes phone.  Still no budget (have the lasting disabled notice).  Is there anything I can do?  Is it possible I just have not hit the "wave" for the update?  I show latest update to be Dec 2017.

That is correct... Mobile is still in a delayed staged release and has not been widely released yet, presumably due to some issues they ran into.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

Nathan,
    Have you tried uninstalling the app, and then redownload it from the Google Play Store? That should put you on the new version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

Yes, many times, with no luck. The browser version of playstore actually shows the newer version, but installs the old. Play Store reviewed the issue, including screen shots, and said to contact the developer. Ive sent the same info and screenshots to the mobile app support email address, but have not heard back.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

Mobile is still in a delayed staged release and has not been widely released yet,
    Specifically, it's Mobile version 5.0.47 that smayer97 references.  The current "General Release" version is 5.0.35, which is available in the App Store and in the Google Play Store.

I suspect that 5.0.47 will be pulled ... and a newer version put out, in Staged Release, as some point in the near future.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

Understood. I have 5.0.35, but with an update date of dec 2017. I believe there is a August update that I can't pull down.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

That was 5.0.46 ... and it was pulled.  The CURRENT version is 5.0.35

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

Ah, ok. Thanks!
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

The staged release version is 5.0.49. I wasn't aware that it was in staged release. It self installed a week or so ago when I opened the mobile app. It seems to be working OK, but I haven't tested the budgets.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Nathan B said:

And note that v5.0.44 is the version that has the budget functionality restored. Anything older does not.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I have downloaded 2018 Quicken for Windows Home, Business & Rental R11.18 Build 27.1.11.18.  This morning I went to the Mobile and Alerts tab (on my desktop) and performed the steps for it to sync.  When I did this prior to this update (a week or two ago) it changed my account significantly, this time it only changed my total (Net Worth) by about $300 (i didn't look to see which account(s) were effected I just restored my backup to get back to where I started).  Even a small change isn't good.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thank you
  • Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account error.

I get an error & it says "click here to fix". When I click on the link, it shows my accounts, but doesn't show WHICH account needs fixing. Using Quicken Deluxe for Android, latest (I'm assuming) version.

UPDATE: Now, it constantly updates all my accounts and transactions. Sometimes I'll get an "all good", sometimes 1 & sometimes 2 errors.
  • Richard Deutsch
    Richard Deutsch Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cloud sync slow.

Since the latest update, Cloud sync takes a very long time.
    Anyone having the same experience?
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm a Quicken 2017 user with App version 5.0.35.6114.  I'm excitedly waiting - trying to be patient - for the staged release to push out to my Android device.  I desperately need the budget feature back on the app!  As of 8/24/2018, it hasn't appeared.
    • Is everything still on track for an August rollout of the new app?
    • Richard, I too have noticed very long cloud syncs since updating the desktop software a week or so ago.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
    Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken Mobile 2018 (New August 2018 Update) Wells Fargo issues.

With the previous ios App, and the new one just updated.  I ALWAYS get an error in the mobile app related to my 4 Wells Fargo accounts.  No problems with the desktop app, Quicken Premier Win 2018.  Has anyone ever gotten this fixed?

I reset my cloud data, turned off and on Wells Fargo online sync, and never a fix.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wells Fargo and Quicken don't sync.

I feel that Quicken is not listening when you look at all of the community questions, concerns and frustration.  My concern is that I can't use my mobile to track and update Wells Fargo Bank, Credit Card, Line of Credit or Savings Account.  I have deactivate the accounts, closed the PC, restarted the PC reactivated the PC.  Now I find on Wells Fargo I can't Deactivate.  I called the number on the screen provided, the Wells Fargo Rep can't help.  I see there is a new mobile app coming out soon and started launching on July 17 and may take up to two weeks to get out there.  I just wonder if that will work too?  I like the Program, I don't understand why I can't get it to work properly with the mobile.  Other companies do that without much of a problem.  Can you help. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hey KB and William,

Would you be willing to send an email to mobilefeedback@quicken.com detailing the name of the bank and what issue you are experiencing.

Please include the year and version of Quicken you are currently running, any error messages and screenshots if applicable would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

Hey KB and William,

Would you be willing to send an email to mobilefeedback@quicken.com detailing the name of the bank and what issue you are experiencing.

Please include the year and version of Quicken you are currently running, any error messages and screenshots if applicable would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Already did earlier today.  Let us all know
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Hey KB and William,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

I''ve brought this comment from a prior posting (to Quicken Mobile: Using the Mobile App) to provide specifics to this thread:

"Quicken MAC mobile App and USAA:
    The Mobile App won't sign into my USAA accounts with the last and current updates.
    - Mac OS 10.13.6
    - Quicken Mac Mobile v 5.0.49 (38.11143.4012)
    - Quicken Mac Premier 2018  v 5.7.2
    The App seems to be updating the accounts, but says my 3 USAA accounts need attention. When I "swipe to fix," I get: "We are unable to connect to UAAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. please try again later" Trying again doesn't help. The"fix" procedure has changed slightly with the last 2 updates, but the problem with USAA began with the update that talked about re-enabling Budgets in the past month or so"

Thanks Mike

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hey KB and William,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Hey There!

Thank you for both for your responses.

The issue has to do with Direct Connect accounts, we're currently investigating a fix to allow these accounts to sync to the mobile.

One option, if available is to switch to Express Web Connect/ Quicken Connect for the Mac, however if that isn't an option than all that can be done is to wait for a solution or fix.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.