8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

Hey KB and William,

Would you be willing to send an email to mobilefeedback@quicken.com detailing the name of the bank and what issue you are experiencing.

Please include the year and version of Quicken you are currently running, any error messages and screenshots if applicable would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Yes, Express Connect will defeat the purpose.  This error has been around a couple years with Direct Connect, so please focus on it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited August 2018

Quicken Abhishek I am not sure how aware you are about this but there is a list of IDEA threads posted on GetSat specifically for feature requests for Quicken Mobile. The instructions on how to pull it up can be found here:  List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features. If you have not already done so, you may want to have a look.

Note: there are some "ideas" that have been posted as Questions or Problems so are not properly tracked, but this list is a starting point.

@smyer97 Yes, I'm aware of this thread. We are using this as one of our thing to prioritise. Thanks,Abhishek
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited August 2018
    Homer said:

I'm finding the mobile app alarmingly buggy.

It's reporting my savings as $10,000 OVERDRAWN - in fact the Bank reports that it's about $4000.

The app seems to be deducting money I put into SAVINGS GOALS from the Account Balance , but not crediting money I withdraw from savings goals. It's also VERY buggy in recording transfers from one account to another (such as paying a credit card - but maybe I'm the only person in the world who does this?!?!?!)

EPIC FAIL!!!!! I'm ready to delete the app entirely.

@Homer Are you still facing this issue? Is your account balance still off ?We had made a backend fix sometime back.

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Quicken Abhishek I am not sure how aware you are about this but there is a list of IDEA threads posted on GetSat specifically for feature requests for Quicken Mobile. The instructions on how to pull it up can be found here:  List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features. If you have not already done so, you may want to have a look.

Note: there are some "ideas" that have been posted as Questions or Problems so are not properly tracked, but this list is a starting point.

Nice to see...  :-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have submitted this info to the mobile reporting email but reproducing here if anyone else has same problems:

1) Ipad (this is where problems are): 5.0.45
    (38.10990.4012)

2) Iphone X: 5.0.19 (36.8815.4012)*

Both with latest IOS

The iPhone version seems to work fine, balances are all correct. However on iPad version which appears is more recent build:

1) Chase accounts would not synch. I have three credit card
    accounts at Chase. I have had not problem with Quicken itself synching. I kept
    getting the 503 (I think) error with mobile sync on these accounts. I ended up
    deactivating Chase connection in Quicken 2018 and re-activating it, seems to have
    solved problem.

2) I have a brokerage account at Merrill Lynch with an
    associated CMA cash account. This works fine in Quicken itself. However the
    cash balance shows incorrectly in mobile as follows:

a. on the primary Quicken mobile screen total checking
    balance (wells fargo + Merrill CMA) shows way too high a number

b. if I click through to
    Banking & Credit Screen online balance at top of screen shows same way too high number.. the detailed line for Wells Fargo is correct  but Merrill line shows  more than twice my actual CMA cash balance.  if I then click through to Merrill Lynch detail I see the following at top of
    screen:

i. Online balance, same way too high a number

ii. Today's Balance,correct and what Merrill
    shows me through their website) 

iii. Projected Balance: same correct number

3) I have checking and savings at Wells Fargo, I am
    repeatedly and every time asked to re-enter my Wells Fargo ID and password

Interestingly on what appears a slightly older build on
    my Iphone all balances are correct and I don't appear to be asked for my WF ID
    info.

----------------------------

*While writing this I found an update to iPhone Quicken mobile: 5.0.49 (38.1143.4012) and installed it. Now it has same balance bug for Merrill: today's balance correct, online balance way off, projected balance correct.

Also, I no budget info, it shows August budget section but says "No Budget Available" even though I have an active budget.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I have submitted this info to the mobile reporting email but reproducing here if anyone else has same problems:

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

The iPhone version seems to work fine, balances are all correct. However on iPad version which appears is more recent build:

deactivating Chase connection in Quicken 2018 and re-activating it, seems to have
    solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    Banking & Credit Screen online balance at top of screen shows same way too high number.. the detailed line for Wells Fargo is correct  but Merrill line shows  more than twice my actual CMA cash balance.  if I then click through to Merrill Lynch detail I see the following at top of
    screen:

info.

*While writing this I found an update to iPhone Quicken mobile: 5.0.49 (38.1143.4012) and installed it. Now it has same balance bug for Merrill: today's balance correct, online balance way off, projected balance correct.

Also, I no budget info, it shows August budget section but says "No Budget Available" even though I have an active budget.

Q Mobile 5.0.49 has been pulled, by Quicken, from download because of the problems associated with it.

In fact, multiple Q Mobile versions (coming after 5.0.35) have been pulled.

I'd suggest that you uninstall 5.0.49 and fall back to 5.0.35, the last Q Mobile version that's in "General Release".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    screen:

info.

ugggh, I just install updates normally as updates happen, this pulling of releases is tedious and not helpful but thanks for info.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    screen:

info.

5.0.49 still in the ios App Store. So don’t see the rollback currently.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    screen:

info.

Where is 5.0.35? iOS App Store does not show it
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    screen:

info.

Didn't realize that you were on iOS.  My reply was Win/Android based.  Hopefully, a Mac user will be along to provide further comment.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Quicken chat support directed me here because they did not have a fix for this issue. 

Only some transactions recorded in the app are being downloaded to the desktop. Some accounts download, others do not. Those that do download are marked as "cleared" with a "c" and a flag appears on the account. Any other transactions that were recorded using the app that are not successfully downloaded are subsequently deleted from the app when the desktop syncs.  

This is very disappointing because the app's new design and functionality is great.  However, it is essentially useless if it will not reliably match up with the desktop.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

(38.10990.4012)

Both with latest IOS

solved problem.

b. if I click through to
    screen:

info.

Should also add on that mobile is showing my American Express balance as a positive number rather than a negative number, I wish!
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm a Quicken 2017 Windows user on an Android phone.  When will the app update!  Quicken, please respond if you're still on track for the August release for ALL 2017 users.  There are four days left in this month.  After nearly a year without an easily accessible budget, I am very desperate to have one back to the point that I've been tested CountAbout, Mint, Personal Capital, & YNAB.

If I should just give up hope on Quicken, then I'd like to at least know that.  I do appreciate that you've been replying to posts on this question; finally.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
    Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    So to the Quicken staff - are you updating the Quicken Windows app first, to deal with the Direct Connect issues with the mobile sync?  then the ios mobile app?
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you have not already, I suggest sending specific details on mobile app problems to : mobilefeedback@quicken.com. Be sure to include operating platform, version details, screen shots, banks, etc. I did and they contacted me last night asking for more info. I think they are on overseas schedule. Curious, Quicken 2018 windows at least is pretty stable, why would one stay on 2017 if you are having problems with it? Budgeting works fine for me in 2018 (on windows, not mobile).
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So, it's September 1st.  Have any other Android users of Quicken 2017 Windows received, or not received, the app update?  Has anyone heard an update from Quicken?

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
    Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Hey KB and William,

Would you be willing to send an email to mobilefeedback@quicken.com detailing the name of the bank and what issue you are experiencing.

Please include the year and version of Quicken you are currently running, any error messages and screenshots if applicable would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

any word from Quicken on fixing the iOS mobile app so Direct Connect from Wells Fargo and others will work? This has been going on for years.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Can you provide a list of changes and fixes in the iOS Quicken Mobile version 5.1.0? The App Store just lists the same marketing-type text as the last version. Seeing a change list will help to understand if it is worth the risk to update immediately or to wait a few days to see if anything new is broken in this update as sometimes happens in anyone’s updates.
    -Jay
  • Rick @ Kansas
    Rick @ Kansas Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled usaa.

USAA account information downloads within Quicken fine.  When I add to USAA to Quicken Mobile it says I entered the wrong information.  Quicken for Windows Premier 2018
  • Rick @ Kansas
    Rick @ Kansas Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

USAA account information downloads within Quicken fine.  When I add to USAA to Quicken Mobile it says I entered the wrong information.  Quicken for Windows Premier 2018

This is not a Quicken Mobile App issue, but within the Quicken product on my PC

• mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

On several accounts where I had similar issue I ended up disabling and then re-establishing online access to that account in Quicken Windows. This then seemed to fix issue in mobile as well. This was with two credit card providers.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hey Rick,

Does the USAA account download into the desktop version but you receive an error message when trying to add the account to the Mobile app?

Or, are you receiving this error message on the desktop version and you aren't using the mobile app?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    JayBugs said:

Can you provide a list of changes and fixes in the iOS Quicken Mobile version 5.1.0? The App Store just lists the same marketing-type text as the last version. Seeing a change list will help to understand if it is worth the risk to update immediately or to wait a few days to see if anything new is broken in this update as sometimes happens in anyone’s updates.

When faced with app updates that are of questionable quality and/or don't include release notes, it's best to update using iTunes instead of on the device directly. iTunes 12.6.4 is a special enterprise version released by Apple that still supports downloading and installing apps (unlike 12.7 and above).

This way, you'll be able to save all your app .IPA files so in the event where an update is botched, you can roll-back.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

You are probably having same problems as me with Wells Fargo. Guessing because it’s Direct Connect.
  • Gil110
    Gil110 Member
    edited September 2018
    I for one have connectivity issues only with TD Bank accounts. I don't understand why this can't be corrected when the Mobile app doesn't connect directly to the bank. I'm pretty sure it only connects to Quicken's Cloud. Right or wrong?
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

One tip for using USAA in Quicken with direct connect (at https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/eft_d...) is:

Download your account activity through Quicken when you enter your USAA number and four-digit PIN.

Thus make sure you are not entering your USAA username and not entering your USAA password. Those normal login items are not used for USAA direct connect whether entering on the desktop or mobile. For reference, for me USAA works fine on both desktop and mobile with direct connect.
    -Jay
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Now that it is September, my August budget is gone and my September budget isn’t of much value yet since I have no spending this month.

It would be great to be able to look back at my August budget to look at the full August results and recategorize any mistakes.

Please allow us to flip to earlier months’ budgets like Mint’s app does.
    -Jay
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Still no fix in this version. Using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo, the iOS mobile app error still exists. It asks for my WF credentials but entering them does nothing to solve the error
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Gil said:

I for one have connectivity issues only with TD Bank accounts. I don't understand why this can't be corrected when the Mobile app doesn't connect directly to the bank. I'm pretty sure it only connects to Quicken's Cloud. Right or wrong?

I’d like to know this answer as well
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited September 2018
    KB said:

Still no fix in this version. Using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo, the iOS mobile app error still exists. It asks for my WF credentials but entering them does nothing to solve the error

Hi there,

This is our top priority and we are looking into this issue. 
    Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Bank connectivity issues are a tough nut to crack, but the team is relentlessly trying to make it work well :)

Thanks,
    Abhishek
This discussion has been closed.